Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Queeneth,

You tell 'em you "hard charging"..."lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Points awarded for obliviously quantifying that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,"range dots" are a "thing" and that you weren't the one asking questions to start your FULL Fhuqking Retard Thread. In no particular fhuqking order. I am however VERY fhuqking "Surprised!" to learn it were a Reupold. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
that group is good enough for hunting within 300 yards , with respect to all maybe your rifle does not like Barnes bullets ? maybe try Hammer bullets ? Berger bullets ? Hornady ? i would try Berger bullets for accuracy ?

Funny story, That gun loves 42.6 grains of H4350 and 140g Berger VLD hunting bullets, Most accurate rifle and load I have.

Done deal, had that load dialed in a year ago and ample supplies of said components on hand,

Then to my surprise, Outfitter says Bergers really not preferred on his hunts,

Seems like a bad idea to contradict the guy who your about to spend 2 weeks on a mountain top with,

So Barnes Bullets it is.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Queeneth,

You tell 'em you "hard charging"..."lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Points awarded for obliviously quantifying that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,"range dots" are a "thing" and that you weren't the one asking questions to start your FULL Fhuqking Retard Thread. In no particular fhuqking order. I am however VERY fhuqking "Surprised!" to learn it were a Reupold. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Case in point.

TFF.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You came here for help and don't like what you have heard. Now, you are gonna show up for a guided hunt, tell the guide you shoot sub MOA 'all day' and gut shoot an animal by three or more inches in the wrong direction.

Answer the question about my rifle - is it a .18 MOA rifle or a .5 MOA rifle? Which one should I base my drops and data on?

Sit down, be honest with yourself and shoot AT LEAST a five shot group. Get good Chrono data and know what your rifle really shoots. You are fighting two problems, how well you think the rifle shoots and a scope that is questionable at best. Switching to MPBR will only mask the problem.

Best of luck.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by pete53
that group is good enough for hunting within 300 yards , with respect to all maybe your rifle does not like Barnes bullets ? maybe try Hammer bullets ? Berger bullets ? Hornady ? i would try Berger bullets for accuracy ?

Funny story, That gun loves 42.6 grains of H4350 and 140g Berger VLD hunting bullets, Most accurate rifle and load I have.

Done deal, had that load dialed in a year ago and ample supplies of said components on hand,

Then to my surprise, Outfitter says Bergers really not preferred on his hunts,

Seems like a bad idea to contradict the guy who your about to spend 2 weeks on a mountain top with,

So Barnes Bullets it is.

Barnes work.
What animal will you be hunting?
I have quit using Berger's myself for big game. I have had mixed results.
Since the distances are relatively short, Partitions, Accubonds, and the like may be an option, IF you have time and can find them.
Curious to hear about your next range report.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
You came here for help and don't like what you have heard. Now, you are gonna show up for a guided hunt, tell the guide you shoot sub MOA 'all day' and gut shoot an animal by three or more inches in the wrong direction.

Hey, you wannna turn it into a pissing match, we certainly can....

Which part of "I heard but I didn't like"? Explain that please.

Tell the guide that I shoot sub-moa all day? Really? Thats all on you.

Bench and hunting conditions are a whole different story.

I'm in the process of trying to pick which rifle I want to take, it's that simple.

And MPB has been working since long before twisting turrets on hunts,

And since you mentioned the guide(s), feel free to ask the 'guide" how many instances of dudes over complicating things on hunts,

The KISS approach works very well most times.

Now piss off.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You sound like the perfect client...

Who is melting down now? It is kinda fun.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
xp, it's Barnes bullets, they kill and their available,

Been shooting this rifle for many years, tried many work ups,

Done wasting time, components and ranges fees on this one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth
xp, it's Barnes bullets, they kill and their available,

Been shooting this rifle for many years, tried many work ups,

Done wasting time, components and ranges fees on this one.

Roger that.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Explanation:

You were told out of the gate the scope is suspect, and you follow-up with "no scope failure suspected".
You are sure of your three shot chronograph data. What was you ES and SD? Remarkably low probably. You are told at least 10 shots for your data but balked at that. Look up statistical confidence in the shooting sports.
Despite photo evidence, you continue with sub MOA claims. Cherry picking three shot groups when overlayed will be 1 MOA or larger. Why wouldn't you tell that story to others (guide) also?

Again, best of luck.

Last edited by Rifles And More; 04/14/22.

― Ernest Hemingway
IC B3

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
ES and SD and turrets and sub-moa....Yada Yada.......

You know what I'm really looking for?

One clean killing shot from a cold bore, from a scope who's reticle doesn't need to be moved or worry about a reticle that moved when it wasn't supposed to move,

It's worked for decades and longer.

It's a hunt, not a shooting competition.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wait a minute, I didn't realize you posted in the wrong forum.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for 'Long Range Hunting' where those things you are scoffing at really matter.

Again, Again, Best of luck.

Last edited by Rifles And More; 04/14/22.

― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Queeneth,

The less you "do","see" or "know",the "better" everything is...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I shot more today,than you have in your "life". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude,is HILARIOUS! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Leupold to Leupold. Kinda makes sense.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 04/14/22.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes there are several Leupold's in this house,

feel free to take a guess on how many Leupolds are out there on hunting rifles,

Millions might be my best guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kenneth,
On a another forum I am on, the kid that never gets respect, is the 270 Winchester. It is a forum joke, doubting whether it has the ability to even kill a prairie dog much past 150 yards. It gets fun made of it, by even the guys that have a 270:) It got start because one member was so in love with the cartridge, and he thought it did everything better. Kind of like fan boys of the 308 Win or the 6.5 Creed who think it is the best cartridge ever.
Well, I don't own a 270, but I do have more than one 308 Win, and more than one 6.5 Creed-Ha!

FWIW I have killed several prairie dogs past 1500 yards on specialty pistols that had Leupold's on them (Mark IV and a older 36X BR-D). I have competed in 2-man team long-range 3-day tactical shoot. I have always shot the LR portion with one of my specialty pistols. I have Leupold's among other brands and Darrell Holland and I had good success the two years we shot as a team. I ran Leupy's both times (VX-3 LRT, and a Mark IV FFP the following year). I use a variety of brands FWIW.
Have I sent Leupold's back? Yes. I have sent NF, S&B, Vortex, and Burris back too though. I did send one Sightron S-III back, but it had spent a lot of time on a 375 Chey-Tac rifle. I lent to a friend of mines dad. It had spent time on several SP's before that.
In tracking tests that have been done to check the consistency of the clicks, you would be surprised at the scopes that didn't do as good as you would expect.
Everything wears out and or breaks.
I use a lot of Leupold, Burris, Sightron, NF, and Vortex. I use other brands, but not in the numbers of those 5 companies.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Queeneth,

You "tell" 'em...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

One of my favorite Reupolds. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though in fairness,I've never even seen one. Hint.

Don't they make Spotters too? Hint.

They make some handy Gunsmithing Tooling. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If a scope fails when you turn the turret it's dispositioned to crap internals to begin with! I would go Bushnell instead of Leopold simply for the fact that Leopold has changed there scope design all the way to undependable in a matter of a few years. I've seen the new Leopolds fail attempting to get on paper and zero!
In fact I just pulled a Leopold off a friend's rifle and replacing it with a ziess conquest simply so he can stop shooting all over the dam place! IME leupold has moved all the way to the land of rediculous as far as quality is concerned

I have some older leopolds that are pretty good scopes! I wish they made the newer stuff as durable

It's your money that is being spent so do with it as you please

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Trystan
If a scope fails when you turn the turret it's dispositioned to crap internals to begin with! I would go Bushnell instead of Leopold simply for the fact that Leopold has changed there scope design all the way to undependable in a matter of a few years. I've seen the new Leopolds fail attempting to get on paper and zero!
In fact I just pulled a Leopold off a friend's rifle and replacing it with a ziess conquest simply so he can stop shooting all over the dam place! IME leupold has moved all the way to the land of rediculous as far as quality is concerned

I have some older leopolds that are pretty good scopes! I wish they made the newer stuff as durable

It's your money that is being spent so do with it as you please

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xphunter
Kenneth,
Have you figured out what you are going to next time out?
When do you plan to go out and shoot again?

Sounds like the gun shoots consistently under 1" (3/4" or a tad larger) at 100 yards.
If you think parallax might be part of the culprit, pull back your face from the ocular until you get a black ring on the outside of your FOV.
Keep that ring equal all around the view each time you shoot to make sure your eye is exactly in the same place every time.

If you are doubting the tracking of the scope put up a tall target. Watch this for some ideas.
https://youtu.be/12Wf0Cuwwi8

Put up a big piece of cardboard at each distance (200 & 300 yards) with some 1 or 2 inch adhesive dots.
With a Sharpie, mark the bullet in front of the ogive.
If shooting more than one group, you can use different colors for different groups at the same distance.

xp, time to come clean here, I watched the video link you provided,
and its clear this Litz dude is a bit of a newb.

3 shot groups? Laughing.............

3 shot groups that are not in a circle??????

oh hell, """"If groups aren't round,the Rifle is screaming at you. Hint.""""""""'

Send a link to this thread to this Litz Joker so he can be properly educated..........

sheesh.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280fan, 28 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,344
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.