Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by mwarren
Been reading about Zeiss going Woke with plenty of post about not buying Zeiss anymore. I haven't seen a post here about not hunting in WY yet.

I don't mind going first...I've been building WY preference points for me and my son but after this crazy case have not interest in paying for preference points, high NR license and then guide fees to hunt in a state that is going to lock up public land and give to private individuals and businesses to just profit from it as if they own it.

Lots of NRs will thank you for your boycott and gladly take you and your son's place.
No need for a guide in most hunting areas too.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree with mwarren’s sentiment and I propose any antelope PP holders with 13 points or more, protest this travesty and burn their points!!!

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You don't own the air above your land, the FAA does. This case is stupid.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7

The US Supreme Court didn’t agree with you.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/328/256/

d) Flights of aircraft over private land which are so low and frequent as to be a direct and immediate interference with the enjoyment and use of the land are as much an appropriation of the use of the land as a more conventional entry upon it. Pp. 328 U. S. 261-262, 328 U. S. 264-267.

Last edited by KRAKMT; 03/01/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sounds like this case is being moved to federal court. Now the possibility for precedence is there..

Perhaps the Bozeman mothership will put some $$$ towards the cause?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/03/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KRAKMT

d) Flights of aircraft over private land which are so low and frequent as to be a direct and immediate interference with the enjoyment and use of the land are as much an appropriation of the use of the land as a more conventional entry upon it. Pp. 328 U. S. 261-262, 328 U. S. 264-267.

That sounds a bit different then airspace. Planes can disrupt ones enjoyment, but I fail to see how crossing from public to public causes the landowner loss of enjoyment.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

How does that apply to aircraft flying the borders of private ranches, say on opening morning of deer/elk, in such a manner that they keep the deer/elk from making their way on to public land, say, just after legal shooting light, and maybe, just maybe shortly after folks paying to hunt said ranch are done shooting for the morning?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I get private property rights and how private property owners get pissed when their land is trashed by jack asses that don’t respect their property. But when they land lock parcels of land intentionally or limit access due to piss poor state land management and take advantage of it such as the checker boarding out west that pisses me off. As someone who depends on public land access to hunt that flat out sucks and I shouldn’t have to pay a “trespass fee” to access public land. Public land is all of ours to enjoy via Pittman-Robertson and Dingell Johnson. Those who landlock public land and don’t allow access should be taxed accordingly for the property they are locking up.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

So I can shoot drones flying over my house! 😁

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brinky72
I get private property rights and how private property owners get pissed when their land is trashed by jack asses that don’t respect their property. But when they land lock parcels of land intentionally or limit access due to piss poor state land management and take advantage of it such as the checker boarding out west that pisses me off. As someone who depends on public land access to hunt that flat out sucks and I shouldn’t have to pay a “trespass fee” to access public land. Public land is all of ours to enjoy via Pittman-Robertson and Dingell Johnson. Those who landlock public land and don’t allow access should be taxed accordingly for the property they are locking up.

I think if someone has to use a road through private land to access public land, get an easement or stay off the private. But for the life of me I can't see why corner crossing by a person on foot is illegal if two pieces of public land join corner to corner. I personally would not consider it tresspassing if you have to momentarily swing a leg over private land.

IC B3

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This whole deal of private landowners blocking public is bogus. Wallow in it and GFY.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wallow in what? And, anatomically impossible, I believe 😀

Seriously, I understand the concern regarding public access to public land. I own one (not the only) access to a state section, and just last season gave a hunter permission to cross, but not hunt, my land. The access point through my farm gave the hunter a better place to begin walking than did the access off the public road. I'd do the same for others who ask respectfully. I also gave permission to follow up any hit animal that might be shot on the public but crossed the fence.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If the ranchers think they own it, be sure they pay the taxes on it.

they pay federal & state taxes so they do pay taxes on it

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by XBOLT51

And so does EVERY OTHER American taxpayer who pays U.S. taxes.

IT IS PUBLIC LAND.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jk16

IT IS PUBLIC LAND.

Exactly. No way in hell these private landowners that have these Public parcels locked up for their personal use. If they want it that way ,then they should buy them. I do not believe that the private LO should have their land trashed though with public hunters that are litterers and boundary crossers. Has to be a workable solution some how . I like the easement idea like was mentioned above.

That’s my land too. It has to be I just sent a check to the feds yesterday to pay my share of the taxes on it.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555

IT IS PUBLIC LAND.

Exactly. No way in hell these private landowners that have these Public parcels locked up for their personal use. If they want it that way ,then they should buy them. I do not believe that the private LO should have their land trashed though with public hunters that are litterers and boundary crossers. Has to be a workable solution some how . I like the easement idea like was mentioned above.

That’s my land too. It has to be I just sent a check to the feds yesterday to pay my share of the taxes on it.

Agree. I wish there was some organization that was honestly for public land and access that wasn’t crooked and compromised. Kinda like finding a politician who actually believes in being a “public servant.” That would equate to a unicorn next to a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by brinky72
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555

IT IS PUBLIC LAND.

Agree. I wish there was some organization that was honestly for public land and access that wasn’t crooked and compromised. Kinda like finding a politician who actually believes in being a “public servant.” That would equate to a unicorn next to a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

I agree 100% you just described BHA to a tee!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’ve heard too many things in the contrary by people I know to buy what BHA is selling.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
Private landowners have had problems with hunters that do NOT follow the rules. They pay the taxes on what they own. But, to close off access to public land that is, has been and will be owned by the people is not right. Therefore I believe this dispute should end up in the SPOTUS at some point. Too many rights by each have been restricted and a clear decision needs to be clarified.
I, for one, believe that public land is for the use of the PUBLIC. Not to be held in closure by anyone. BUT, if the public insists upon being slobs those that do so should pay a price for their stupidity. My opinion only. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MTGunner your 100% correct, I owned 45 acres untill just over a year ago that blocked off access to 2,000 acres of Plum Creek land because I was fuggin sick of picking up garbage, beer cans, brush piles, targets, illegal firewood cutters, illegal ATV riders you name it.
I even put up signs warning people this [bleep] continues ill lock it up well guess what I locked it up sick of the disrespectful slobs but you dont here many people adding that to the equation when land is shut down but its always the greedy land owners fault.
All they had to do was ask, my neighbors walked hiked and rode horses through my property no problem because they asked and didn't through there [bleep] on my property and I did the same on theres.
Its called RESPECT!!

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/16/22.
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.