Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hanco, you and I usually have the same point of view. Not being critical here but I for one will not let anyone define the quantity of anything I think I need or will use. I don't spend any bodies money but mine. Biggest part of the shortages problems of today are simply based on the fact that a lot of scrambling would be buyers are still guilty of thought line that they should be able to buy what they want , when they want , for how much they want to pay. THAT is why they didn't keep supplied to meet their needs. They pissed away their extra cash on pizza and beer instead of primers , powder and bullets that they knew they would need....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I have a “worst hoarder I’ve ever seen” story that I don’t believe can be topped. Good friend of mine here stored his components at two locations. One in a shed (with no electricity) behind his house and the second at another location.

Over the Clinton and Obama scares, I asked him from time to time “Hey, if you see any 210M’s I’d love to latch on to some”. Not that he owed me any such favor, but he’d say something like “umm hmm” and that was it.

Last year the shed behind the house caught fire….unknown how it managed to do so. Total loss. Primers, bullets, powder, live ammo…you name it. Son was a firefighter on the scene and sent me a video of everything cooking off.

He had in excess of two hundred thousand 210M’s alone! Plus a like amount of small rifle primers and pistol primers! Plus powder and ammo popping off. Ever light an entire pack of firecrackers? It sounded just like that, only more intense, for thirty or so minutes.

Sheriff’s dept here is very pro 2A and prevented any media types from latching on to this story and taking the narrative in God knows what direction.

And you are happy why??? What a piece of crap you are

Sorry and apology need and given thought you were making an issue that he wouldn't share

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
“ to the non-prepared anyone who is prepared is a hoarder.“
Well said.

I’ll not feel guilty for buying a bit every few weeks, over years, when times were good (available/cheap). I personally do not try to profit, by selling what I paid $30 for, at a very inflated rate. However, I don’t fault those that try. America, free market system and all. Nobody has to buy it at the inflated prices, and I would suggest against it. YMMV

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image from study.com]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I should have been a hoarder in hindsight.Ten years ago, I bought a 20# steel keg of 4320, thought it would see me into the grave...not even. Discontinuing 4320 caught me with pants clear down to the ankles. I used it to good effect in so many places, it left me scrambling to fill the vacuum. Now I have 3 powders, that perform 'almost' as well....annoying.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Hanco, you and I usually have the same point of view. Not being critical here but I for one will not let anyone define the quantity of anything I think I need or will use. I don't spend any bodies money but mine. Biggest part of the shortages problems of today are simply based on the fact that a lot of scrambling would be buyers are still guilty of thought line that they should be able to buy what they want , when they want , for how much they want to pay. THAT is why they didn't keep supplied to meet their needs. They pissed away their extra cash on pizza and beer instead of primers , powder and bullets that they knew they would need....mb

That's how I look at it. Clinton taught us a lesson. You either noticed or you didn't..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Those that were smart enough to hoard after the first shortage have supplies. Those that didn’t stock up, well they are like this little piggie. They cry all the way home and at home, because they didn’t.

Acquiring what you need in advance when it’s available and affordable isn’t hoarding, except to those who didn’t. It’s simply being responsible, prudent, and frugal.

What fresh Hell is this?
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Some of us also don't have the good fortune of being 92 years old so we could scoop up all those primers at $9/1000 35 years ago. 🤷‍♂️

I feel kind of sorry for the kids just trying to get into shooting and loading now, because it's an expensive time to start, especially since that's generally the part of your life when you're flatazz broke to begin with.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I call it my red neck 401-K.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by zcm82
Some of us also don't have the good fortune of being 92 years old so we could scoop up all those primers at $9/1000 35 years ago. 🤷‍♂️

I feel kind of sorry for the kids just trying to get into shooting and loading now, because it's an expensive time to start, especially since that's generally the part of your life when you're flatazz broke to begin with.

Not quite 92, but prior to the cyclical shortages I usually bought components “just in time” for my limited loading needs, but learned the lesson fairly early and took steps to prevent betting caught again. You’re correct that starting to handload now is tough sledding, but that will change in time, sooner for those who start acquiring supplies and hardware as it appears instead of trying to jump in with both feet, which may be hard to do for a while.

Meanwhile, common ammunition can be had at prices not too far from “normal”, once inflation is factored in. Anyone should be able to afford $.30 9mm, $.09 .22, and $.60 .223, unless they have the spray and pray mindset, or are too broke to indulge in hobby spending at all.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
PRIMERS IN STOCK! Powder Valley has 50 BMG primers, 500 for $450.00. Get them while you can.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by zcm82

It's tough for anyone who is reloading or just deciding to get into reloading. I've been doing this for 50 years and today I've got two Ponsness Warren shotshell loaders which are basically boat anchors because of exorbitant price of shot. But what astounds me, being a long time member of other shooting forums, is the number of people who are posting these days and moaning about shortages, are some of the same people who were crying about the same thing back in the 2011-2013. I don't have much sympathy for people who can't learn the lessons.
P.S. I was so broke then I started reloading, it was a grand day when I could afford to buy 200 primers instead of the usual one pack of 100.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I have a “worst hoarder I’ve ever seen” story that I don’t believe can be topped. Good friend of mine here stored his components at two locations. One in a shed (with no electricity) behind his house and the second at another location.

Over the Clinton and Obama scares, I asked him from time to time “Hey, if you see any 210M’s I’d love to latch on to some”. Not that he owed me any such favor, but he’d say something like “umm hmm” and that was it.

Last year the shed behind the house caught fire….unknown how it managed to do so. Total loss. Primers, bullets, powder, live ammo…you name it. Son was a firefighter on the scene and sent me a video of everything cooking off.

He had in excess of two hundred thousand 210M’s alone! Plus a like amount of small rifle primers and pistol primers! Plus powder and ammo popping off. Ever light an entire pack of firecrackers? It sounded just like that, only more intense, for thirty or so minutes.

Sheriff’s dept here is very pro 2A and prevented any media types from latching on to this story and taking the narrative in God knows what direction.

And you are happy why??? What a piece of crap you are

What are you talking about? Godogs57 is a stand-up guy.

I have two questions for Blanket: How on earth could you infer I was “happy” about that event? Second, how long have you been without oxygen?

200K + 210M’s . 200K + small rifle, ~200k pistol primers of small and large size. Unreal…

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Still obsessed with your friends inventory? I couldn't give two craps about what he had but seems you do

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I went through the Clinton era without shortage on componets, same for Y2K, ditto for 2 terms of that installed pos evil dark homo some of you call president, current situation has no effect

If you own guns & reload . you should have at least 2 bricks of primers, 2000 bullets, 1000 pcs of brass and enough powder to load up the 2000 primers ... per firearm in possession

if you own guns & don't reload then you should have 2000 rounds of ammo per firearm owned .....,,

if you don't .... then it's your fkn problem & not the dudes who have more than that, even tenfold more than that

why do you own guns without ammo or components for them ? w t f are they good for ?

mind your business & buy your own sh it

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
it's all about priorities, and what a person feels is important to them. I've got an adequate supply of both ammo and reloading components, and have had for a long time...........and I'm still laying in supplies when I can find them. I always have to laugh when I read on here where someone is complaining about some old man buying up all the ammo at Walmart, or going around to all the gun stores and buying up primers and powder, before they have a chance to. That old man realizes that you can't sit on your azz and wait for something to happen, instead you have to go and get what you want.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I always have to laugh when I read on here where someone is complaining about some old man buying up all the ammo at Walmart, or going around to all the gun stores and buying up primers and powder, before they have a chance to. That old man realizes that you can't sit on your azz and wait for something to happen, instead you have to go and get what you want.

THIS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
I went through the Clinton era without shortage on componets, same for Y2K, ditto for 2 terms of that installed pos evil dark homo some of you call president, current situation has no effect

If you own guns & reload . you should have at least 2 bricks of primers, 2000 bullets, 1000 pcs of brass and enough powder to load up the 2000 primers ... per firearm in possession

if you own guns & don't reload then you should have 2000 rounds of ammo per firearm owned .....,,

if you don't .... then it's your fkn problem & not the dudes who have more than that, even tenfold more than that

why do you own guns without ammo or components for them ? w t f are they good for ?

mind your business & buy your own sh it

Might quibble a little over the numbers, but you pretty much nailed it. I get pretty tired of all the name calling from the grasshoppers every time things get tight.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Still obsessed with your friends inventory? I couldn't give two craps about what he had but seems you do

Never obsessed with the inventory other than the shock value of the sheer amount. Much more than the average guy has. More obsessed with getting my firefighter son back safely.

Have a great weekend.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No thread provides such (gladly accepted) opportunity for self-aggrandizement and arm-wrenching patting of one's own back as one about ammunition/component shortages.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,247
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.