-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Diversity is key for me at least. Regardless of what ammo I find laying around, chances are pretty good that I can use it. wink

GB1

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
I had a wrist rocket...used Taconite pellets I picked up along the railroad tracks.

Must be thing of the past. Can't count the number of people I've had to explain Taconite to. As kids we'd take an ice cream bucket to the tracks and get a weekend worth.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The consideration has played a certain element in some of my
More recent purchases. 9mm high cap pistol would prob be the most obvious example - I’m not a giant fan of the round, nor as much an enthusiast of pistols as I am of revolvers. Whatever though. I have a .308 and like the round for hunting independent of any commonality factor, but I look at rifles chambered in it more so, now.

While the cartridge/caliber doesn’t really fit the bill well at all, I like the idea of having a lever rifle in 44 mag around. Companion cartridge for revo and all. Ten in the tube. Not an AR by any means, but, as someone else mentioned, harkens back to a day when it was. Still fairly functional in that role. Kinda.

I’ll also admit I bought 800 rounds of ball ammo for
The 9. And at an inflated price.whatever.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 04/24/22.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I plan to load up the guns and barricade myself in the nearest Dollar Tree.

I'll live like a king until the apricot nectar and Teddy Grahams run out

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a simpleton and not into the tactical scene. Own several bolt action hunting rifles and a lifetime supply of components for each one. That was the plan 14 years ago..

Moving forward to the current situation I've migrated from hunting to defensive.

Last two pistols I bought were 9mm, already had a couple so that keeps ammo supply very simple.

Maybe get another AR-15(pistol), and keep buying a little ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What you better have is a way to get fresh drinking water. If the SHTF and they turn the juice off, the one thing more precious than gold and .22 rounds is H2O.

I have a windless and can pull the pump and drop a bucket and have enough for my self and my family. I also have a solar panel that will power the pump till it plays out.

I have some ammo and few weapons, in different counties. I will bug out from where I am to the country around my kin.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by worriedman
What you better have is a way to get fresh drinking water. If the SHTF and they turn the juice off, the one thing more precious than gold and .22 round is H2O.

I have a windless and can pull the pump and drop a bucket and have enough for my self and my family. I also have a solar panel that will power the pump till it plays out.

I have some ammo and few weapons, in different counties. I will bug out from where I am to the country around my kin.

Israeli Water-Gen. Solar powered.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by auk1124
I plan to load up the guns and barricade myself in the nearest Dollar Tree.

I'll live like a king until the apricot nectar and Teddy Grahams run out

There’s no way you could defend it.

After the Gucci store, it’d be next 😃🤣💀💀💀

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I wonder what the Ukrainians think about only having “a few hundred rounds” for a SHTF scenario?

Whatever side you choose about the Russia/Ukraine thing, there’s a lot to learn about urban combat happening right now.

yep, Canada or Mexico could invade any day now.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by worriedman
What you better have is a way to get fresh drinking water. If the SHTF and they turn the juice off, the one thing more precious than gold and .22 rounds is H2O.

Plus side of living on Lake Michigan.

Freshwater is close, plentiful and unlikely to "go dry".

Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When the S hits the F, the opponent won't be BLM or Antifa or roving bands of zombies. They're gonna be wearing body armor, carrying M4's, and have lots of capital letters printed on their uniforms...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm a simpleton and not into the tactical scene. Own several bolt action hunting rifles and a lifetime supply of components for each one. That was the plan 14 years ago..

Moving forward to the current situation I've migrated from hunting to defensive.

Last two pistols I bought were 9mm, already had a couple so that keeps ammo supply very simple.

Were I you (or any livestock producer), I’d be figuring out how to keep my cows from being stole or shot/halfass butchered in the scenario as commonly envisioned and posted. All that walking meat will be a mighty tempting target. Sucks being in the acres to cows part of the country instead of the inverse in this.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Were I you (or any livestock producer), I’d be figuring out how to keep my cows from being stole or shot/halfass butchered in the scenario as commonly envisioned and posted. All that walking meat will be a mighty tempting target. Sucks being in the acres to cows part of the country instead of the inverse in this.

Good point and I'd think enlisting the help of neighbors for protection as trade for some of that beef is likely to be a viable tactic.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stophel
When the S hits the F, the opponent won't be BLM or Antifa or roving bands of zombies. They're gonna be wearing body armor, carrying M4's, and have lots of capital letters printed on their uniforms...

Yes and no - immediate S hit the F opponents will depend on where you live.

Those armored threats will start in the cities and push people into the countryside so those of us that live there are likely to be dealing with Antifa arseholes first - THEN the Kevlar clad shock troops.

Both will require an "answer" if you want to keep on living.

Me

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
22lr with a can and a 9mm for up close surprise encounter. I’ve got thousands of acres of wilderness swamp just up the road and the skill to disappear into it. Let the initial chaos sort itself out and all the stupid brave and weak die. Start coming out a little bit to figure out the aftermath and how to work things out.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Teal

Good point and I'd think enlisting the help of neighbors for protection as trade for some of that beef is likely to be a viable tactic.

A big time talking point IMO.

But what would a redneck from rural Ky, back east & all know about these things. Ky. is the largest beef cattle producer east of the Mississippi. I can see 50 to 70 pretty black cows from my from my front porch.. Drive 5 mi. S. & view 200 more. Turn west for 2 mils & there's a feed lot with 450. Opportunities/problems. Big ones.
Opportunities a plenty, for some meat along with a guarding job. Otherwise, be a starving thief that's willing to kill a cow for whatever can be carved off one in 2 minutes & risking getting shot for it .

Plan for multiple scenarios, or have a bowl of ice cream & watch Oprah.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am not selling anything but i might be buying. grin

As far as caliber goes i have the normal ones.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

I have thought about this.

The government might confiscate your cows/grain whatever...

I can't fight that battle.

You're dead.

But if it's just a battle against your fellow citizens we're good.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stay on good terms with the people in your community.

We would band together in a fight.

Trade a few cows to the right people for help.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Stay on good terms with the people in your community.

We would band together in a fight.

Trade a few cows to the right people for help.

Yep.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 24 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,946
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.