Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Rhodes
Originally Posted by SandBilly
👆🏼

Captain obvious.

smile

One of the pitfalls of being an engineer.

Model trains?

All Aboard!!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by jackmountain
What’s a “piss boy”?
An old Mel Brooks movie quote.

1. It''s good to be the King.

2. One does not simply explain or define a pop culture reference.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I can vouch for that. For 5 years I was getting all my maintenance drugs in Mexico at 1/3 to 1/6 the price here. These were American made drugs, mind you.

That's interesting... hardly any of the pharmaceutical products sold in America are made in America. Big Pharma has "farmed out" almost everything to 3rd world countries for the cheap labor costs.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It must have taken you some time putting this together. I'm glad you find it amusing
But... I ain't gonna pay you any rent for the time and space that I've taken up in your head.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Everything you do in life is based on risk-management, or mismanagement. Certainly anything a health care provider gives or does to you.

Originally Posted by erikj
Pretty difficult to do a proper risk/benefit analysis without the actual data. The first time you could go over Pfizer's data would be March 1, 2022, which the FDA fought to keep secret. Even that material is still redacted and incomplete.

Interesting pair of comments, and I'd like to point this out.

FIRST, as Jorge says, everything we do is based on a risk vs reward judgment. EVERYTHING. But most of the time we do this subconsciously, if at all. Living in a modern world where tasks are shared among a multitude of specializations, most of the things we do have the risk/reward equation taken out of them before we get to them. You flip a light switch and it comes on, and you do it without a conscious thought.. the action doesn't electrocute you, the house doesn't blow up, and so forth, all because other people spent a lot of time and effort to figure out the risk/reward equation for everyone else and made it "safe". Most adults in America have no idea how electricity works, let alone how to wire a house, and even those who know how to wire a house are almost all clueless as to how the components of the circuit are manufactured, or the specifics of electrical power generation and transmission. This is all done for us so we don't have to worry about them, for our convenience. So we can worry about more important things, like whether the Democrats really stole the 2020 election.

When it comes to medical care, virtually all present-day humans are equally ignorant of the specifics of medicine as they are of the electrical systems in their homes. A few have a better understanding through their education and their urge to be as aware of the realities of medical decisions as they can be, and I applaud them for that, but again: these people have no more understanding of the underpinnings of the "shot" they get in their doctor's office than they have of the way hydroelectric power generation stations are made, or how to manufacture the components involved.

Folks on here get pizzed off at me for telling them they haven't got the education and understanding to make informed opinions on major medical questions, but I know quite well that they aren't smart enough or trained enough or well-read enough to begin to grasp the complexities of these questions. This is not an insult, it's a statement of reality.

Hell, the majority of doctors I know do not have the resources to understand all the complex nuances of these questions!

And by the way, I have to say I'm not much beyond that larger group of docs despite the fact that I have an advanced degree past medical school and am hooked up with a lot of people who are waay smarter than me on these topics... but even they are not confident that the answers on these questions are available to us yet.

Soooo... this reality impacts on the SECOND comment (above). In reality, most people don't know if ANY treatment given by their doctor is good, bad, or indifferent. The plain fact is that the underlying science for anything, even a simple antibiotic prescription to clear up your kid's ear infection, is beyond the ability of most people to fathom. And truthfully, again, most doctors don't even have a grasp of that science. They just know this has been the "standard of care" for a while, and even though there are risks associated with it, they go ahead with treating your kid with a Rx for amoxicillin even though they know full well it might kill him. Yes, the risk is incredibly small, but it's real, and every year kids in America die from antibiotic use. But they have decided, and YOU have decided, that the risk/reward equation is justifiable.

There are lots of drugs/treatments that people assent to every day that carry grave risks. Every person with atrial fibrillation who takes Plavix to prevent an ischemic stroke is told that there is a risk that it could cause a hemorrhagic stroke if you sustain a head injury, or mortal internal bleeding if you get in a car wreck. How many of those people demand to see the data? So far, I have never had a single patient ask me for the references.

People accept all manner of potentially dangerous medical treatments every day without making a fuss because they "don't know the data" and can't make an informed risk/reward assessment. So forgive me if I find the people demanding the full data for the Covid vaccines in the present day. I'm not saying that the data should be hidden from you, y'unnastand, I'm just saying it's more than a bit inconsistent.

Now, as for the Covid vaccines, the risk/reward calculation is still be computed. Yeah, Pfizer gave us some numbers that were probably fudged, and so did Moderna, and Astra-Zeneca, and Johnson & Johnson, but the Powers That Be looked at the risk of NOT releasing these vaccines in terms of unknown thousands/millions of deaths from SARS-CoV2, and they decided to release the vaccines. At this point, NOBODY knows if the risk was worth the reward. The numbers aren't all in yet. The damage that COULD have been done by the virus in 2021 without mass vaccination was enormous. The damage that it ACTUALLY did was still pretty bad, despite the Luddites here who continue to claim that it was just another form of "the flu".

I know there are medical scientists at WHO that questioned the origins of the SARS-CoV2 pandemic in January of 2020, and they are in the majority there. The political bosses at WHO keep them muffled, but they have spoken out in the medical literature and in the popular press... they are convinced the virus came from a lab. They even say that they know WHICH lab (it wasn't in Wuhan, btw). But the public isn't being informed of this in any meaningful way by the Corporate Media.

Similarly, the number-cruncher epidemiologists at CDC and their counterpart organizations in other nations are far more confident of the numbers of deaths FROM Covid (as opposed to WITH Covid) but their work isn't getting out into the public domain because the political entities they work under control that information.

HOWEVER: the way that the scientific community works and shares information makes it impossible for the real data to reside in obscurity for long. We will have numbers, in good time. And then we will be able to say with some confidence that the

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Erikj, spot on. The data are exceedingly hard to get for the public at large. We are at the mercy of the .gov tracking agencies worldwide. I used to be confident that we would have real answers in time, and that still may happen, but I expect it will be too late to make any material difference.

So what you are saying is you simply push the CDC narrative like Fauci. Nice I trust doctor's less every day

No that is definitely NOT what I am saying. But I doubt you are able to grasp the subtleties, so take it however you want.

Oh, and I doubt that anything could make you trust "doctor's" even less.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Old quote, 'Be reasonable, do it my way,"

Wabi, just stop.

laugh

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

All these posts like thisand never a fugking word about whether deadperson(s) following FLCCC protocol or not.

Without that, these reports are totally fugking useless.

What dead persons? Birdwatcher's people? You expect a case-by-case report from him? Ha.

I'll give you a case report. I knew a guy who died from Covid pneumonia. You knew him too.

His handle here was Ethan Edwards.

From reports his family gave to other members here, he was on FLCCC protocol drugs... or whatever other acronym you prefer, he was being treated. But he apparently bought into the lie propagated by many people, including members of this forum, that Covid was just a bad flu-like illness. He refused to go to the ER for treatment despite his worsening shortness of breath, despite his family members pleading with him to go to the hospital.

I have often wondered if he might have gone to the hospital if his head hadn't been stuffed full of nonsense about SARS-CoV2 by the former highschool D students who proclaimed themselves skeptics and experts on this forum. I wonder if those self-proclaimed experts ever feel a pang of guilt for their part in Ethan Edwards' death.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10

That’s a hilarious assessment, considering you’ve been around since 2008 and Flave 2007 but you’re acting like you two just met.

Do a search on ALL of my posts here. You'll see that I registered in 2003. Rick changed my handle in 2008 and it somehow changed the date that I registered.
I did have you on "ignore" because you are an idiot... The BLITHERING variety in fact.
I'm not going to comment on the cirrhosis shot at me because you don't know what you are talking about...Just spewing like a scurvy'd @sshole.
Why don't you tell me some more about myself that you don't know? Go on... Flave won't get mad at you...

Hey, Bart!!

Good to see you posting again.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

All these posts like thisand never a fugking word about whether deadperson(s) following FLCCC protocol or not.

What dead persons? Birdwatcher's people? You expect a case-by-case report from him? Ha.

I'll give you a case report. I knew a guy who died from Covid pneumonia. You knew him too.

From reports his family gave to other members here, he was on FLCCC protocol drugs... or whatever other acronym you prefer, he was being treated. But he apparently bought into the lie propagated by many people, including members of this forum, that Covid was just a bad flu-like illness. He refused to go to the ER for treatment despite his worsening shortness of breath, despite his family members pleading with him to go to the hospital.

I have often wondered if he might have gone to the hospital if his head hadn't been stuffed full of nonsense about SARS-CoV2 by the former highschool D students who proclaimed themselves skeptics and experts on this forum. I wonder if those self-proclaimed experts ever feel a pang of guilt for their part in Ethan Edwards' death.

That’s pretty weak dude. Using EE to guilt trip people

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hey, Bart!!

Thanks Doc.
Are you still living in that little town that was made famous because the High School baseball
coach made it to the big leagues as a relief pitcher? Can't remember the movie but I think that
Dennis Quaid was the lead actor. The house where we planted those fruit trees in the back yard,
the weekend we went hog hunting. Sheridan,Keith and I forget who else was there. You still live there?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Seriously? Because... folks here don't lay guilt trips on other folks? And folks who contributed to a man's death by propagating dangerous falsehoods about a deadly disease should not be made to feel guilty?

Gotcha.

Last edited by DocRocket; 04/28/22.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Hey, Bart!!

Thanks Doc.
Are you still living in that little town that was made famous because the High School baseball
coach made it to the big leagues as a relief pitcher? Can't remember the movie but I think that
Dennis Quaid was the lead actor. The house where we planted those fruit trees in the back yard,
the weekend we went hog hunting. Sheridan,Keith and I forget who else was there. You still live there?

Nope. I moved down to Corpus Christi for a while then got tired of the dirt and bad roads and nasty people and moved back to another tiny town in west TX.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Pretty classy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm far from a D student and I've had covid 2x now.

My skepticism wasn't that it existed - mine had to do with the likelihood of death from contracting it and while I mourn the loss of Ethan that doesn't radically change the fact that the VAST majority of people survive covid and those that don't typically have at least some other co-morbidity and the blanket response to covid (shutting down the country, conditioning people to accept without question etc) was disproportionate to the danger at large.

The majority of people survive the flu and the common cold too - until it becomes something more that they should get checked out. Same with Covid - it's mostly nothing, until it isn't but until it isn't - don't trample the rights and economy of those it's not affecting.

Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Seriously? Because... folks here don't lay guilt trips on other folks? And folks who contributed to a man's death by propagating dangerous falsehoods about a deadly disease should not be made to feel guilty?

Gotcha.

Using the death of a member to make your point that you weren’t wrong, aren’t wrong, and to ASSume anyone here whether discussing treatments or giving advice contributed to his death is dûcking horseshît.

You are also insulting the man’s memory by inferring he was too stupid to listen to you and took all his medical advice from strangers on an Internet forum.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 74 of 113 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 112 113

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 1234, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,820
Posts18,516,691
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.