Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 79 of 113 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 112 113
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
I have no medical degrees, but I think this thing would have run it's course, like every other bug before it, no matter what we did. History means something and history has shown it will take a few years for a new thing to burn through the populace and unfortunately the weak will likely die.

I think the best course of action would have been inaction. Let it do what it's going to do. If the old and sick are really worried, minimize contact. Otherwise, let it burn through, like all bugs and forest fires prior. To me it seemed like there were a lot of people that wanted to be smarter than mother nature, disregard history and force their "intelligence" on others. Let mother nature do what mother nature is going to do.

Nothing should have been shut down, no vaccines should have been forced, let people decide for themselves. The fabric of what our nation was born from, but too many are "smarter" than the masses. Add the greed and evil to the equation and we get a lot more sick and dead people.

It was a black mark on our nation's history.

Good post.... lots of common sense there.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doc,

Just a question.

Based on what you, and possibly some of your colleagues now know. What will you do different, when the next pandemic of unknown origin threatens the mortal health of Americans?

I’m by know means saying, you, as a lone ER doctor should hold the weight on your shoulders of a political agenda that manifested a shît-storm, for the sole purpose of controlling a populace.

Rather, I’m asking that, if you’ve learned anything about the medical professionals at the highest levels, including scientific researchers who were disseminating medical treatment protocols for the sick.

What is it you learned, and your takeaway to not follow a bad set of tracks you are being told are there, and should be pursued in the future?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by jwp475

Originally Posted by JGRaider

I suppose your ego needs that conformation.

Also I suppose ego is what drives such high medical malpractice insurance prices.

Anyone else you might drag into this to help you out?

Maybe get EE's family involved? Conference call type.

My guess, like every other form of insurance, it's sky high because of scum sucking lawyers/litigation costs.

Not the fact that they kill so many people every year?

According to Ralph Nadar's testimony before congress Doctors and hospitals KILL 200,000 people per year

And then they go and push an untested and experimental "vax" and lockdowns that prolonged the pandemic.

The vax placing unprecedented pressure on the bug to mutate and then giving the bug more time to work by separating people.

He thinks we killed EE.

I think he helped by helping assure that an over vaccinated populace caused artificial mutations that killed more people.

Not only pushed an untested vaccine but incorrectly treated thousands as well as advocated stupid masks incapable of filtering a virus

How can any sane individual have confidence in the medical field after this fiasco

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Masks are Linus' blanket.

[Linked Image from peanuts.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

What's your anecdotal take on the number of patients admitted to per your hospitalls' criteria that had diabetes and were obese? Obviously major issues in the Indian, AA and Mexican populations. Any one health predominant health problem you saw among the admitted?

Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Teal

But that's your hospitals criteria based upon their local bed situation which may be very different than a hospital in Green Bay or Chicago or Portland. That's why I say the data is dirty - Who couldn't be hospitalized for you, might easily be somewhere else.

Locally for me they kept reporting that they were full and couldn't take anymore. The reality was they had the beds, they didn't have the staff which is different and artificial scarcity of beds when saying "we're full" - They were full because they had been downsizing or sending people home early and I got that information from my ex-wife who was/is a nurse in said hospital who had no reason to lie to me. Confirmed with one of my guys who also had his wife working there as well.

Your point on the mutability of admission criteria is absolutely possible, and in many regions I'm sure probable.

Actually, the hospitalization and deaths data I mentioned were from multiple hospitals and multiple hospital systems in Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Austin, and smaller centers around those like my hospital in Victoria... so, not just my local hospital. The admission criteria were the same pretty much everywhere down here because south Texas was absolutely hammered by the Delta variant (it played hell with the genetic Mexicans and native Americans, but it's not politically correct to say that, and no, the data weren't materially different for white vs black vs Mexican). The aggregate Texas data were slightly less grim for non-vaxxed people, but only slightly. Texas data correlates well with Louisiana and Florida and Wyoming data.

I fully accept your ex-wife's experience, because "full" hospitals doesn't mean there are no beds... it means they don't have any more nurses to staff the beds. That wasn't the case with our hospitals in south Texas during the Delta outbreak. Austin and Washington were sending in extra nurses, rad techs, lab techs, to keep us staffed as much as possible.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I never met a doctor who didn’t think that everyone wouldn’t be a doctor if they were just smart enough.

I guess those are the doctors you hang out with, but that ain't my experience. Most of the academic researchers I've known and worked with over the past 35 years are smarter than most medical doctors, and medical doctors on the whole have to be pretty sharp, at least intellectually.

Conversely, I've met a ton of lawyers who think they're smarter than anyone else on the whole planet. So I guess that knife cuts both ways, hmm?

Not really, unlike you I have someone on the other side of nearly everything I do who is trying their best to make me lose. People don’t take my pronouncements as gospel nor do I expect them to. I’m frequently wrong and even more frequently there are unknowables that simply can’t be known because I’m relying on a judge or a jury to make a decision. So while I know what I’m going to do, I can’t necessarily predict what the other smart guy is going to do and I sure can’t tell you how a judge or jury will react.

However, absolutely none of that has anything to do with the fact that you really didn’t have to be that smart to be smarter than you in this instance and that your lengthy explanation was complete horsechit.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/28/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
But then Pfizer wouldn’t have made 5+ billion $…,

Stop that!.. getting to the point stuff!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Not really, unlike you I have someone on the other side of nearly everything I do who is trying their best to make me lose. People don’t take my pronouncements as gospel nor do I expect them to. I’m frequently wrong and even more frequently there are unknowables that simply can’t be known because I’m relying on a judge or a jury to make a decision. So while I know we hat I’m going to do, I can’t necessarily predict what the other smart guy is going to do and I sure can’t tell you how a judge or jury will react.
That's where you're wrong. He has a much more deadly antagonist. It's called disease/illness/injury.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My guess, like every other form of insurance, it's sky high because of scum sucking lawyers/litigation costs.
Lawyers have saved a lot of lives by making products, medical care, and most of all work places safer.
The fact that there are frivolous lawsuits and some stupid lawyers doesn't negate the good they do.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Texas has the most rigorous tort reform in the country. Med malpractice is pretty much extinct except on the most egregious causes with the biggest damages. Those are the only cases even minimally pursued. Insurance rates have done nothing but climb since it was passed. As far I can tell the only class to benefit was the insurance companies. It didn’t make things better for the doctors, lawyers, or patients.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/28/22.
IC B3

RL Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Doc,

Just a question.

Based on what you, and possibly some of your colleagues now know. What will you do different, when the next pandemic of unknown origin threatens the mortal health of Americans?

I’m by know means saying, you, as a lone ER doctor should hold the weight on your shoulders of a political agenda that manifested a shît-storm, for the sole purpose of controlling a populace.

Rather, I’m asking that, if you’ve learned anything about the medical professionals at the highest levels, including scientific researchers who were disseminating medical treatment protocols for the sick.

What is it you learned, and your takeaway to not follow a bad set of tracks you are being told are there, and should be pursued in the future?

🦫

Great question...

But this----"I’m by know means saying, you, as a lone ER doctor should hold the weight on your shoulders of a political agenda that manifested a shît-storm, for the sole purpose of controlling a populace. " is pure BS for you to say. Maybe you need to go back and read this whole thread again???

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Lawyers have saved a lot of lives by making products, medical care, and most of all work places safer.
The fact that there are frivolous lawsuits and some stupid lawyers doesn't negate the good they do.

There's a reason most politicians are lawyers.......the go hand in hand as being the scum of the earth.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
I'm assuming EE was a person? How old was EE?

Ethan Edwards was his forum name.
No idea on age

Thank you, no disrespect meant.

None inferred. Carry on. Like Roger says, he was 60, I believe.

And he was pretty quick to bust a covtard's balls.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’m frequently wrong

In this instance, you certainly aren't.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There's a reason most politicians are lawyers.......the go hand in hand as being the scum of the earth.
Some are, some aren't.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

What seems to be worse is when politicians aren't lawyers---look at some of the imbeciles on both sides of the aisle--MTG, AOC, Boebert, Omar, Tlaib, Cawthorn, to name just a few.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker

What seems to be worse is when politicians aren't lawyers---look at some of the imbeciles on both sides of the aisle--MTG, AOC, Boebert, Omar, Tlaib, Cawthorn, to name just a few.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hank-johnson-thinks-guam_n_521541

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I'd forgotten that gem. Thanks for the laugh!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

If you put Boebert and MTG in the same basket as Omar, Tlaib and AOC you have zero political credibility.

Fücking unreal some of the Shït I read on here.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You put MTG and Lauren Boebert in the same class ass those other idiots? .... leave judging intelligence to the people who are actually intelligent

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 79 of 113 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 112 113

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.