Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
How long until the rapture? This world is getting worse daily, pedophilia is acceptable, homosexuality is normal, interracial couples everywhere, politicians pushing for a world war, WE WONT WIN. I no longer have faith in man, my faith lies in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you are not a believer please take these end days, to accept him into your heart as your Lord and savior.

Life’s hard, it’s even harder if your stupid. -John Wayne

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
No one knows the Day nor the Hour …
Turn off you Devices..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by akrange
Turn off you Devices..

True............... but HE did tell us the 'generation'.........

Is 'Rapture' actually found in Scripture??

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and it lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercurys and Subaru

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Sorry - flashback.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
No one knows the Day nor the Hour … Turn off you Devices..
True............... but HE did tell us the 'generation'.........Is 'Rapture' actually found in Scripture??
Is it possible that many evangelicals interpret the passage as relating to the end of time, instead of just being His remarkable prediction of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in amazing detail exactly as it happened some 40 years later…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by antlers
No one knows the Day nor the Hour … Turn off you Devices..
True............... but HE did tell us the 'generation'.........Is 'Rapture' actually found in Scripture??
Is it possible that many evangelicals interpret the passage as relating to the end of time, instead of just being His remarkable prediction of the destruction of the Jewish Temple in amazing detail exactly as it happened some 40 years later…?

Yes!

'...as it was in the days of Noah...' they didn't know the day nor the hour, but they were not CLUELESS.....

REV describes the event as '...a woman in labor...' you may not know the day nor the hour, but you also are not clueless......

'...ALL these things will happen to THIS generation...' a first century generation.... they didn't know the day nor the hour, and they also, were not clueless..........

Don't get upset with me (not you antlers), I didn't write it!

Last edited by Muffin; 04/29/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
antlers,

I do not believe that is possible. The "catching away" of 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 taken in agreement with 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 and Revelation 4:1, remembering Revelation 4:1 is at the end of the church age, or dispensation of grace, the beginning of Jacob's sorrow; says the Rapture is the only reasonable answer.

I am looking for the Appearing any day now. The Lord in His infinite mercy is allowing billions of souls more chances to repent. But I believe we'll hear a trumpet very soon!

Blessings on you all!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's nothing in the Bible about a rapture. The idea originated about 200 years ago and was rapidly spread by Church of England preacher John Darby. The Bible says that when Jesus comes back, he'll be here to rule, not to turn around and haul a bunch of believers back to heaven.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and it lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercurys and Subaru

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Sorry - flashback.

Debra Harry, AKA Blondie that was a ways back lol

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Turn off you Devices..

True............... but HE did tell us the 'generation'.........

Is 'Rapture' actually found in Scripture??

No it doesn’t

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rock Chuck,
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58, and Revelation 4:1 describe the same event that immediately precedes the Great Tribulation.

We won't find the English word "rapture" in the KJV Bible. But we do find the event. The Greek word used to describe the catching away of the saints in 1 Thessalonians 4 is "harpazo". It means catching away, seizing by force.

Jesus is coming to "catch away" His children! It will be in the twinkling of an eye, time indivisible. Scripture is full of facts about this.

John Darby didn't invent the Rapture 200 years ago. Jesus did before time began! Psalm 119:89

John 14:1-3 Jesus said He is preparing a place for us. He WILL come again to receive us unto Himself. Why? To shield us from the wrath to come. This world will be judged. Sinners will be damned. The earth and everything in it will burn with a fervent heat. THEN He will bring down a new Heaven.

Whether living in body or sleeping in the grave, I am going when He calls!!!

I LOVE JESUS!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DugE
antlers,

I do not believe that is possible. The "catching away" of 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 taken in agreement with 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 and Revelation 4:1, remembering Revelation 4:1 is at the end of the church age, or dispensation of grace, the beginning of Jacob's sorrow; says the Rapture is the only reasonable answer.

I am looking for the Appearing any day now. The Lord in His infinite mercy is allowing billions of souls more chances to repent. But I believe we'll hear a trumpet very soon!

Blessings on you all!!!

Doug, Daniel talks about a Kingdom established in the days of the Roman Kings, what is/was that Kingdom that GOD established?

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I hope you folks figure this thing out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I subscribe to the Mac Truck theory. If you step out in front of one, your time came, OR you can wait and find out. What we know for sure is this life ends.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
“In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go to prepare a place for you I will come again to receive you unto myself that where I am there you may be also.”

Might have missed some punctuation or paraphrased a bit but that’s the gist of it. If I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ I’ll make it there and see how the godly live. There will be a place for me, though it’ll probably be on the shady side of heaven. Don’t know if I’ll see Jesus here or there but I’ll see him one way or the other. I’d sorta like to see him arrive with trumpets blaring just to know the logistics of what the folk in biblical time were trying to say. But that matters little compared to knowing there’s another side of life. Maybe there’ll even be a shooting range there where nobody screws up. If there is I’ll see y’all there.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I agree with the assessments that our world is in a poor moral condition, I believe that we are a long way from Jesus’ return.

In Matthew 24:3, the disciples asked Jesus, “… what will be the sign of your coming and the end of the age?” Jesus’ answer was lengthy, filling verses 4-14. A key pre-requisite is defined in verse 14: “And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Scripture quotes from ESV)

Looking at the website, joshuaproject.net, there are 17,433 people groups in the world. Of these, 7,418 are unreached - 42.6%.

We are a long way from fulfilling the pre-requisite of Matthew 24:14.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
While I agree with the assessments that our world is in a poor moral condition, I believe that we are a long way from Jesus’ return.

In Matthew 24:3, the disciples asked Jesus, “… what will be the sign of your coming and the end of the age?” Jesus’ answer was lengthy, filling verses 4-14. A key pre-requisite is defined in verse 14: “And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Scripture quotes from ESV)

Looking at the website, joshuaproject.net, there are 17,433 people groups in the world. Of these, 7,418 are unreached - 42.6%.

We are a long way from fulfilling the pre-requisite of Matthew 24:14.

Paul seems to believe that the Gospel of the Kingdom was preached in all the world. He says as much in 4 different places:

“…the gospel, which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing…” [Col. 1:5-6]

“…not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven…” [Col. 1:23]

“But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for ‘Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” [Romans 10:16-18]

“Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith…” [Romans 16:25-26]

So, according to Paul, the Gospel WAS preached “in the whole world”, “in all creation”, “to all the earth”, “to the ends of the world” and was “made known to all nations.”

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny how the "whole world" (or similar terminology) can mean such different things depending on the circumstances.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Jesus was predicting the sacking and destruction of the Jewish Temple…and pretty much of Jerusalem itself…Matthew, Mark, and Luke all three record Jesus as saying that this generation will not pass away until all of these things take place. And we do know that on August 6 in 70 AD that the Romans pretty much annihilated Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple.

The historian Josephus saw it happen with his own eyes, and he gave a pretty bleak description of it in his work, ‘The Wars of the Jews or History of the Destruction of Jerusalem’. Book VII, Chapter 1.1

Is it possible that the this generation that Jesus referred to in each of the three Gospels listed above mean specifically the time period in which the above events clearly happened…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Crappy Hamster sock puppet?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,289
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.