Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh I bet!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mines waiting for me to get home, fire up the bbq, smoke some lamb gyros and have a bourbon 👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
She's a beauty, Jud. Coming along very nicely
You'll have to get her on some geese this Fall

Last edited by longarm; 04/29/22.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Judman
Mines waiting for me to get home, fire up the bbq, smoke some lamb gyros and have a bourbon 👊🏻

so that is what you get along with usually a dog that is a good hunting dog as well. one of my labs I had 10 years ago was dang near human. he knew my mood as I walked in the door. when I die, I want that dog with me. The labradoodle thing isn't a sample of one, its ALL of them, probably a dozen or so I have seen. infact my neighbor used to breed them. I always thought that is a POS dog and not worth a plug nickel. So you're breeding out the hunting aspect of the dog. as for the shedding, our current black lab is not bad at all, it seems like its only certain times we have seen measureable shedding from the 4 total labs we have owned. NONE of it was bad enough to get concerned with. so the shedding argument doesn't fly with me. Perhaps people with shedding issues had dogs with lots more retriever in them, those are wooley and sheddy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I read no too long ago the person who claims to have ‘started’ the whole labradoodle thing is very sorry he did. Says it was his biggest mistake as a dog breeder.

I’ve never had a bad lab so I’m sticking with them.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL!!!
OP saying all the dogs in his neighbor suck..

Newsflash..

Those dogs are the alpha,s in their pack dna thinking.
Cause the human owners aint being the alpha over their dog..

Dog 101
Dogs of lower status always work to the alpha,s will and want the acknowledgement of doing good from the alpha
Whether the alpha be canine or human.

I bet their aint a single dog in that neighborhood that bows or sideways or downwards presents it head with its tail wagging to its human and then boom heads up happy and bouncy from intial acknowledgement of its presence around its human.

Some people shouldn't have dogs.

Fuuuck even Hitler trained his own dog.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by renegade50
LOL!!!

Newsflash..

Dog 101
Dogs of lower status always work to the alpha,s will and want the acknowledgement of doing good from the alpha

I bet their aint a single dog in that neighborhood that bows or sideways or downwards presents it head with its tail wagging to its human and then boom heads up happy and bouncy from intial acknowledgement of its presence around its human.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am always the alpha with my dogs. They are always looking to me for direction. Often just body gestures needed, no words even spoken.
They know who rules the roost!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Judman

so that is what you get along with usually a dog that is a good hunting dog as well. one of my labs I had 10 years ago was dang near human. he knew my mood as I walked in the door. when I die, I want that dog with me. The labradoodle thing isn't a sample of one, its ALL of them, probably a dozen or so I have seen. infact my neighbor used to breed them. I always thought that is a POS dog and not worth a plug nickel. So you're breeding out the hunting aspect of the dog. as for the shedding, our current black lab is not bad at all, it seems like its only certain times we have seen measureable shedding from the 4 total labs we have owned. NONE of it was bad enough to get concerned with. so the shedding argument doesn't fly with me. Perhaps people with shedding issues had dogs with lots more retriever in them, those are wooley and sheddy.

Are your neighbors using them for hunting or is this all just your opinon being a lab owner and the heresy of what you perceive as lab is solely for in your way of thinking???

Fuucking neighbors dogs....

How the fuuuck are they affecting you this deeply????

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😏😏🤣

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
LOL!!!

Newsflash..

Dog 101

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am always the alpha with my dogs. They are always looking to me for direction. Often just body gestures needed, no words even spoken.

1st time since 1993 I havent had a dog or dogs loyal to me.
Wife got her redbone coonhound Brady
Daughter got her greyhound/ choc lab mix and whatever else he is mix Baylor.
Them dogs get away with murder with those 2.
Me...
They obey, but soon as them women get home.
They go Benedict Arnold fast on me.

I dont even know if I will ever get another pup.
Cant go thru digging more graves and having a peice of me die anymore.

Baylor and Brady are enough to have in my life right now.

Dogs need a leader.
Dogs want a leader.
Dogs want the acknowledgement of a leader for a job well done.
Whether that leader is human or canine.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by broomd
The Dutchman Korthal bred the bloodhound, shorthair and poodle over 100 years ago to get our modern day Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. Hundreds of thousands of griff owners (like myself) call bullsh t on your ridiculous posting.

We have a pointy haired wired griffon now that is growing on us. Before her we had a golden doodle, what I called a Pooh retriever and she was the sweetest most empathetic dog ever. She made it 10 years and cancer got her. She was such a kind and fun dog. She could predict when I was going to have a flare up of spondylitis and she knew which joints it was going to hit. She'd come over and sniff an ankle and then lick it for a second and look at me like I'm sorry this one's going to hurt. She'd then stay by my side and even try to lay next to me until the flare up had came and gone. She helped me get through some incredibly painful nights. She was smart and very good and gentile with kids. I've never known a kinder dog.

Our Griff is smart but hard headed. It took a bit of time and work to get her kennel trained but everything else she picked up really quickly. She got extremely car sick her first year so I didn't get her out in the field like I should have. She was pretty confident and didn't seem scared of anything the first year. We could shoot around her then and she really wanted to come out for fireworks around the 4th but we never let her.

Sometime into her second year she started acting gun shy a bit. I got her out pheasant hunting and she stayed right under my feet. She didn't run off with shooting but she was a little shy about it and nervous acting⁰. We spent some time later hiding birds and having her find them and she found everyone quickly and very deliberately no matter where we hid them. She even found one on top of the fridge in the garage and locked up pointing up there. I cleaned and cooked a pheasant in front of her and gave her some and after that she's been getting a lot more excited about birds.

I'm hopeful as she gets excited about birds she'll be less nervous about guns. She's getting her hips xrayed next week and then DNA tests and vision. She's 2.5 years old and will be in heat again soon. If she passes everything she has a date with a Griff that won the state field trials. A judge from the trials saw her and insisted we get the two together. We could have pups in about 3 months.

She has good lines I just didn't do enough with her because shes really my first bird dog. We plan on keeping a pup and getting it right into training with someone that knows what they're doing hunting wise. I paid a guy to do 12 days of training with her but he really didn't do anything but take our money. Actually it was after she was with him she started acting gun shy.

Bb

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
LOL!!!

Newsflash..

Dog 101

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1st time since 1993 I havent had a dog or dogs loyal to me.
Wife got her redbone coonhound Brady
Daughter got her greyhound/ choc lab mix and whatever else he is mix Baylor.
Them dogs get away with murder with those 2.
Me...
They obey, but soon as them women get home.
They go Benedict Arnold fast on me.

I dont even know if I will ever get another pup.
Cant go thru digging more graves and having a peice of me die anymore.

Baylor and Brady are enough to have in my life right now.

Dogs need a leader.
Dogs want a leader.

Yep. Good post Rene. Some women will ruin a good dog.
And some man bun wearing latte drinking soy boy effeminate “men” will too !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Let’s see if this works

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never had much time for the Lab/Poodle breed. Then a few years ago the woman and I were at a local winery and the owners had the "grandbaby" miniature labradoodle there.

I would have taken that dog home that night. Playful and smart as a whip, and cute too.

If we ever get a dog (I have a cat as we tend to travel a lot) it'll be a miniature doodle. She actually wants one now but I'm not ready yet.

And for the record I've always loved yellow labs. Big smart beautiful dogs. Love all labs actually

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Dogs need a leader.
Dogs want a leader.

Yep, to many people don’t understand that. The ones that don’t have kids and substitutes animals for them are the worst sometimes. I figure it’s best most of them don’t have kids.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pudelpointers ain’t a fancy new poodle cross. The breed is over a 100 years old and they are pretty fantastic gun dogs as a whole.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

I’m biased too

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mbogo,
That's a beautiful animal!

Last edited by longarm; 04/29/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want a dog for a specific task, find someone that breeds and uses the dogs for that task.

Mom and pop breeders that don’t do schit with their dogs have ruined more than a few lines and breeds.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Love a lab though too

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, BABore, AdamT204, 9 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 675 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,954
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.