Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
Dispensationalism is at the root of the Rapture Heresy.

I am not sure that the belief in a pre-tribulation rapture is so much a heresy as it is genuine misintrepation of scripture. But I have witnessed genuine heresies in dispensational churches. I once saw a "pastor" tell his all consuming audience that the first sign of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the ability to speak in tongues. That church was filled with people that spouted gibberish to "demonstrate" that they had the Holy Spirit. But one can only fake that for so long before the realization of the truth, that its being faked, sets in. That sort of preaching has led to much falling away. Sometimes it too hard to believe the simple truth that one is saved by grace through faith in Christ. Man just has to have a part in his own salvation and comes up with all this nonsense. Its just very hard to accept that Christ has already done it all and that we are unable to contribute at all to our own salvation. Man is a sinner, can't help but be a sinner, and is imperfect in the eyes of God and unacceptable in his own right. The only thing that makes man righteous and acceptable to God is the perfection of Christ that is imputed to us through faith. Christ is our only saviour and our faith is the lifeline between ourselves and the One that saves us.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 05/01/22.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
2nd Corinthians 6:14-18

That Scripture has nothing to do with ethnicity. It definitely has to do with belief. According to God's Word there is only one race, the human race.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’d call anything that leads away from Christ Crucified and Christ revealed in all scripture heresy. On this board we frequently see the heresy of faith in faith expressed as faith in Christ. The layers are thick.

I once read on a forum a fella recounting of an event in his “church”. An old fella stood during the part of the service devoted to enthusiasms and declared that God had told him to crawl around the church and bark like a dog and he would be healed. The pastor said that if God had told him to do that, he too, would crawl and bark.
Evidently, they did.

Did they hear from the Holy Spirit? No, but I believe that they were in touch with A spirit. A lot of abject stupidity gets blamed on God.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
It seems…to me anyways…that some have chosen to set aside the uniqueness of Jesus’ good news and traded it for a faith that is so blended with old covenant religion that it’s hardly recognizable as what Jesus and Paul taught. It seems…to me anyways…that some have chosen to bring in the legalistic and hypocritical religion of the Pharisees and call it ‘Christianity’. Who could blame anyone for leaving ‘that’…?

To me, Jesus clearly introduced a new movement, and He did so by instituting the New Covenant that the Old Testament prophet Jeremiah had predicted. And Jesus clearly gave his New Covenant movement a new command that would serve as the overriding ethic for His new movement ~ not only to love God and love other’s…which Jesus clearly said encompassed the entirety of the Law…but to love other’s as He loves us. He said ‘that’ was ‘the’ defining characteristic of His followers.

And, to me, the institution of His New Covenant had implications for the old one. God’s covenant with the Ancient Israelites at Mount Sinai had an expiration date ~ and the New Testament clearly points that out. When the New Covenant was instituted by Jesus, the old one became outdated and obsolete. It was time for it to be retired because something new and better was replacing it.

All posters here use words. You just put them together better than most.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by IZH27
Dispensationalism is at the root of the Rapture Heresy.

I am not sure that the belief in a pre-tribulation rapture is so much a heresy as it is genuine misintrepation of scripture. But I have witnessed genuine heresies in dispensational churches. I once saw a "pastor" tell his all consuming audience that the first sign of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the ability to speak in tongues. That church was filled with people that spouted gibberish to "demonstrate" that they had the Holy Spirit. But one can only fake that for so long before the realization of the truth, that its being faked, sets in. That sort of preaching has led to much falling away. Sometimes it too hard to believe the simple truth that one is saved by grace through faith in Christ. Man just has to have a part in his own salvation and comes up with all this nonsense. Its just very hard to accept that Christ has already done it all and that we are unable to contribute at all to our own salvation. Man is a sinner, can't help but be a sinner, and is imperfect in the eyes of God and unacceptable in his own right. The only thing that makes man righteous and acceptable to God is the perfection of Christ that is imputed to us through faith. Christ is our only saviour and our faith is the lifeline between ourselves and the One that saves us.

If you don't mind, would you be so kind as to explain why the directly taught by Jesus disciples baptized new believers?

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by efw
Oh and the rapture.

All passages used by dispensationalists to point to a rapture are actually references to the second coming. Once you let loose of the heretical position that God is a philandering wife with two brides (Israel & the Church) then such misinterpretation is unnecessary.

The Church are all of those who looked (both ahead & back) to Christ in faith for redemption. Paul makes this crystal clear in his letters to the saints in Rome & those in Galatia, as well as the author of Hebrews in chapter 11.

There is no such thing as a rapture. We look forward to our Lord’s second coming in which He shall judge the living and the dead. Period.

Simple and well stated.

Originally Posted by Tarbe
Missed it by nearly two millennia.

Christ's kingdom never ends...we are in the new heavens and new earth.

You must interpret the writings in the context that the writers and original recipients understood. Audience relevance!

ie entire world really means the Roman Empire.

Heaven and Earth means Priesthood and the People of God.

Read the first verses of the Revelation and tell me that letter would have any meaning to the 7 churches it was written to, if the events were not going to happen for 2,000 years.

C'mon man!! smile

Most folks miss those details. The Bible was written FOR our benefit, but it was written TO the people of the times each of the books were written.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Originally Posted by efw
Oh and the rapture.

All passages used by dispensationalists to point to a rapture are actually references to the second coming. Once you let loose of the heretical position that God is a philandering wife with two brides (Israel & the Church) then such misinterpretation is unnecessary.

The Church are all of those who looked (both ahead & back) to Christ in faith for redemption. Paul makes this crystal clear in his letters to the saints in Rome & those in Galatia, as well as the author of Hebrews in chapter 11.

There is no such thing as a rapture. We look forward to our Lord’s second coming in which He shall judge the living and the dead. Period.

Simple and well stated.

Missed it by nearly two millennia.

Christ's kingdom never ends...we are in the new heavens and new earth.

You must interpret the writings in the context that the writers and original recipients understood. Audience relevance!

ie entire world really means the Roman Empire.

Heaven and Earth means Priesthood and the People of God.

Read the first verses of the Revelation and tell me that letter would have any meaning to the 7 churches it was written to, if the events were not going to happen for 2,000 years.

C'mon man!! smile

Most folks miss those details. The Bible was written FOR our benefit, but it was written TO the people of the times each of the books were written.

Bingo....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Hey when do we get to hear the Horn Section..
This is developing into a Q Fest ..

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone, it seems, has their own interpretations and beliefs...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT

Isn't that the way we want it?

As opposed to letting Biden's disinformation panel decide truth for everyone!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

There are a lot Tattoo Parlors out there..

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DBT

And the problem comes when a individual turns theirs into my way or the highway broad brush condemnation of others who don't see it precisely as a said individual does....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here's my view on this:

I may or may not be taken up in the Rapture and miss the "Great Tribulation". I do believe Christians will not be here during the final short period on earth known as the "Wrath of God". I would not be surprised or have my faith shaken if we have to spend time under persecution/arrest/death from the beast and his government. One of my favorite verses is Psalm 56:11 "In God I have put my trust, I will not be afraid, what can man do to me?"

God bless you all, Jesus is our comfort and confidence.

bludog

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Isn't that the way we want it?

As opposed to letting Biden's disinformation panel decide truth for everyone!

Not everything can be true. Lies are not true. Misinterpretations are not true. Illusions give the impression that something is true, when in fact its not....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is Crappy Colored Ass Hamster awake yet?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is Crappy Colored Ass Hamster awake yet?

I dunno.

Wonder what his take is on The Rapture.

His of course would be the final say so of course....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What ‘is’ true is that something very significant happened in the 1st Century, and it fueled the astounding growth of a tiny sect that should have been eradicated by the Jewish Temple, who persecuted its members and saw to it that its leader was killed, and especially after the mighty Roman Empire carried out the execution and also persecuted its members. These are historical facts.

And the powerful Jewish Temple was completely destroyed later on in the 1st Century, and the mighty Roman Empire ended in the 5th Century. And the tiny sect…against all odds…has become the largest religion in the world with more than 2.4 billion members. These are historical facts.

Modern secular historians and scholars ‘still’ do not understand how this came about.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think the Catholic church prevailed because it allied with and at times superseded the civil Governments. Most Christianity today is a lineal descendant of this arrangement.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But the Catholic Church that you refer to didn’t even exist for the first 300 years of Christianity. But profound persecution of Christians did. And against all odds, Christianity continued to spread like an airborne disease.

By the 3rd Century, Christianity had become a force to be reckoned with. And modern secular scholars and historians ‘still’ do not really understand how this came about.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 75 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,458
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.