Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve been going through my FILs old memorabilia from Vietnam. He was plucked out of Alaska flying bush planes and thrown into the jungles of SEA flying fixed and rotary wing aircraft for Air America. He spent 5 years in Laos from about 1965-70 and then from 1970-75 he was based throughout Vietnam. He flew Kissinger as well as other delegations and is mentioned in the book. The Vietnamese guy (Chattarong sp?) at the beginning of the movie pushing freight is my wife’s godfather and was an actual employee of “The Company” for the entire war.

If you knew my FIL you’d know that he was a good man and one that never wanted to cause conflict, he just wanted to get along with everyone. He wasn’t an “educated man” but he was very intelligent and talented and he was a RULE FOLLOWER. I don’t think anything made him more upset than the allegations and assumptions about Air America’s cargo. He told me countless times that he NEVER transported drugs and that the guys he knew didn’t either. He didn’t want every Air America pilot painted with the brush of a drug runner and I don’t blame him. Those guys did some incredible things that few will ever know about. He told me stories about getting shot down (5 times total…1 in N. Vietnam, 1 in Laos and 3 in Mexico) and being surrounded by NVA as he was pulling survivors from the wreckage. Turns out that his cargo was North and South Vietnamese children of all ages from infants to pre-teens orphaned by the war. My FIL said he left his Swedish K behind the seat because he wasn’t going to shoot his way out of that one and kept unloading survivors expecting to be shot any second. He told the NVA in his broken Vietnamese that he was either going to save those children or die trying. The next thing he knew the NVA set their rifles in a pile and started helping them move the children into the aircraft dispatched to the scene. He did some extraordinary things and he never talked about 90% of it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Backroads
Remember when Joe Biden fought in the jungles of Vietnam?

He remembers all about it.

Lol

He was fighting alongside Phil/Gay Ghost, the defender of our great nation!

Nothing but talk, and willingness to have other people to do what they are too chikenshidt to do themselves..

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
OF ALL the names they could have picked that got deferments, the author picked Cheney and Trump. Tells you everything you want to know about the article's and the poster's agenda. F uck off Greygagher..

No [bleep].

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Gay G, I think you must have meant "Election Fraud".

The dumbfughks didnt believe it happened, did you?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Gay G, I think you must have meant "Election Fraud".

The dumbfughks didnt believe it happened, did you?

You refer to, of course, the 8100 people who really voted for Beijing Bribem.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Then there was Joe Namath. Classified 4-F (physically unfit for any military duty) the same year he quarterbacked the Jets to a Superbowl victory.

Nice to have influential employers.

Just the opposite was John F. Kennedy. He tried to enlist but flunked the physical, so he worked out six hours a day for several months. But he flunked it again. He told his dad, who was the richest man in America, "You'll just have to find me a better doctor." They did.

There was a big difference between WWII and Viet Nam.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
OF ALL the names they could have picked that got deferments, the author picked Cheney and Trump. Tells you everything you want to know about the article's and the poster's agenda. F uck off Greygagher..

That’s the first thing I thought when I read it too.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Greyghost
The way around the Privileged, the elite College Partier's, and just the Draft Dodgers in General...

Link

Phil

Luckily they don’t continue that practice today, or they would be sending you to Viet Nam…

Nice

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder where ghaygager is today? surely he has answers to all the questions posed here...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

212 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 2,000 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.