Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by plumbum
Closed captioning is your friend.

I don’t want to read a movie.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I for one cannot watch the movie and read the closed captions at the same time!

Something to do with the stoke!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 05/01/22.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by drover

I have the bluetooth for the tv also but it picks up every little thing and makes it actually worse. Maybe I just haven't figured it out as good as it could be.

I suspect that your audiologist could tune your hearing aids and make that issue go away. I was really surprised what a good one can do.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Well am I the only one that has trouble hearing the words while watching a show nowadays. It seems to me that they play the background music so loud that I can’t hardly make out the words. I’m always asking my interpreter what they said which seems to agitate my interpreter and I’m not sure why😉

I don't watch much TV and very few movies but I figured out that lots of actors think mumbling and talking quieter than the other actors is great acting.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
These things work well and can really enhance your enjoyment of movies. We've had one for a couple of years and I wouldn't be without it.

It seems like the quality of dialog audio has gone totally to schidt ever since they came up with Dolby sound in movies...maybe even before that. The movies of the 60s were never a problem for me to understand the dialog, but these days it's mostly unintelligible. I don't understand why the sound people do such an awful job, but they sure do suck.

Ordered one of these and just received it. I will let you know if it works for us. Thanks for the suggestion.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife keeps asking me to get a hearing test and to consider hearing aids. Haha, she has no idea I can hear everything she says. Works for me!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by navlav8r
What did you say? 😁

I think it was something about ear ring

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Well am I the only one that has trouble hearing the words while watching a show nowadays. It seems to me that they play the background music so loud that I can’t hardly make out the words. I’m always asking my interpreter what they said which seems to agitate my interpreter and I’m not sure why😉

I don't watch much TV and very few movies but I figured out that lots of actors think mumbling and talking quieter than the other actors is great acting.

It seems to be the trend.....can barely speak, the emotion is so high, can only croak out the words...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I find that not being able to hear well is becoming a blessing or maybe a mixed one. Hearing the anger directed at you because you can't hear well sure is worse than not being able to hear. Even with all the snarky sh*T said on the 24 campfire I can hear everyone everytime..

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.