Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Does anybody have a dumb down simplified version of what is expected to happen with the pistol and pistol brace laws? Or a link to look at this up?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In August the ATF intends to announce a point system to determine if any given braced "pistol" is a pistol or an SBR. From what we've seen of that point system, it looks like it's designed to designate almost all (if not literally all) braced pistols as SBRs, requiring a tax stamp.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Found this ..
https://youtu.be/afK-LNjZ9QA
Pretty good explanation and example that I found

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ldholton
Found this ..

You have to hope the ATF agent agrees with you that the brace doesn't resemble a stock.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Or simply forget about them, and have what you like. Like there will be an ATF guy at some range in podunk anyway. Just make sure the damn thing hits where you point it, just in case some overzealous prick decides to make it an issue. These azzholes have gotten to this level precisely because they do not fear us. It’s time they were reacquainted with the concept that there are some things its best to leave alone. A guy hitting his targets with a sawed-off AR being one of them. There is no legitimacy left in this government at any level, why we attribute some to them confounds me.

Buddy of mine has one of those, has more trouble hitting anything with it than one would think. Especially when the guy busts balloons and pumpkins at 600m regularly with his .308 bolt gun. Seems like there is always something coming loose, or some other issue. If one needs an AR pistol, make sure you get a good one. A gun that isn’t accurate is worthless.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 05/07/22.
1 member likes this: bruinruin
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Found this ..

You have to hope the ATF agent agrees with you that the brace doesn't resemble a stock.

Yes the information I've been digging up this afternoon so much of it is actually based on opinion and interpretation of a gray area.

Yes I can see a great influx of SBR permit applications. 16-in barrels sold, and longer than normal muzzle devices pending welded in the future.

Last edited by ldholton; 05/07/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Or simply forget about them, and have what you like. Like there will be an ATF guy at some range in podunk anyway. Just make sure the damn thing hits where you point it, just in case some overzealous prick decides to make it an issue. These azzholes have gotten to this level precisely because they do not fear us. It’s time they were reacquainted with the concept that there are some things its best to leave alone. A guy hitting his targets with a sawed-off AR being one of them. There is no legitimacy left in this government at any level, why we attribute some to them confounds me.

Buddy of mine has one of those, has more trouble hitting anything with it than one would think. Especially when the guy busts balloons and pumpkins at 600m regularly with his .308 bolt gun. Seems like there is always something coming loose, or some other issue. If one needs an AR pistol, make sure you get a good one. A gun that isn’t accurate is worthless.

Can't disagree with any of that.
Kind of reminds one in history of what Hitler thought the German people should have and not have kind of changed with the day in the mood.

Last edited by ldholton; 05/07/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's funny that the storm troopers don't come down hard on all those selling marijuana in certain states, but they'll be all over this.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They are currently legal…until the ATF says they aren’t….which is a flagrant violation of our constitution.

The real question is….What are you willing to do about it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just don't buy a barrel less than 16" in length!
Easy peasy!

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Easy peasy!

Well that's true statement. There's a variety of reasons people had shorter barrels. And when they were legally done and approved then they make new stuff up to make you a felony if you have it That's the BS part.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Easy peasy!

Get the jab, mask up, social distance, and report your neighbors for not doing so. Easy peasy.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good Gawd. When are you guys going to stop with this f****** s***??

Get it through your f****** heads. You're a criminal and they want to f****** kill you

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Least long about 1986 you can keep what you had legally. Local kind of right they want to change the game so you cannot follow the rules...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Least long about 1986 you can keep what you had legally. Local kind of right they want to change the game so you cannot follow the rules...

There are no f****** rules for them. Only for you... So they can shove you in a box car.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Easy peasy!

Just don't buy a gun!

Easy Peasy!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
White men with guns are scwary....

We are the enemies being drilled into the minons heads.

Exploit that if the time ever comes.
Fear is a powerful emotion to be used against any enemy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
It's funny that the storm troopers don't come down hard on all those selling marijuana in certain states, but they'll be all over this.

Yep. Guns Bad. Marijuana Good. 😡😡😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I look at it like this.. If you bought it when it was legal, then a person should be grandfathered in. Here some bastard comes along Willy nilly and with the stroke of a pen it’s illegal, Fuqk that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by viking
I look at it like this.. If you bought it when it was legal, then a person should be grandfathered in. Here some bastard comes along Willy nilly and with the stroke of a pen it’s illegal, Fuqk that.

There are untold thousands out there right now. As stupid as they are, do they really intend on making them all walking felonies?

MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.