Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A few years ago on a Saskatchewan goose hunt, we dropped off some geese at a Hutterite colony to have them cleaned. They had very modern and large tractors and implements. The men there tried to hard sell us some turkeys and wanted us to bring them some whiskey when we picked up the geese. There was quite a few kids there and it appeared lots of in breeding.
A creepy place to say the least.

Last edited by dale06; 05/08/22.

NRA Patron

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dale06
A few years ago on a Saskatchewan goose hunt, we dropped off some geese at a Hutterite colony to have them cleaned. They had very modern and large tractors and implements. The men there tried to hard sell us some turkeys and wanted us to bring them some whiskey when we picked up the geese. There was quite a few kids there and it appeared lots of in breeding.
A creepy place to say the least.
That's amazing.
Buddys wife served a chicken the size of a small turkey. Hoot chickens are organic.

6 pack of Buckhorn would get you a bottle of wine and a dozen eggs in the 70s

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hoots are not side farmers. They put in around 10000 acres of grain. They would pay me 200/acre more for my land than the going rate.
They also get a basket full of .gov checks each month. They are all on medicade or care. Its a mini rez. Without the booze/

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Hoots are usually nice but I’d not trust them with anything.

They’re also very shrewd and tend to be completely full of schit. There’s a reason all those “free range” birds and “organic” tomatoes are the size a Honda Civic.

LOL

As far as farming I think we are all fugked. Most side farmers aren’t going to put in a crop when fertilizer is at where it’s at and climbing.

Are we talking Date County or Broward County Hutterites.

I ve found some great upland hunting on their in MNomntana and ND land and it just takes a case of Coors for access. The inbreeding is a hinge in some of the colonies

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lutheran scando fuuckers are the worst cause you never see 'em coming...

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
40 yrs ago the hoots were very different folk from where they are now. There are variation in the type of colony they run, 2 or 3 different sects within the church. some are very old school, some are very modern. I can remember the current farm boss at the one, as a teenager, coming in and wanting a radio for the pickup, his dad was the preacher also, said no. Skip to now, all have phones, all have radios in the truck, computers, GPS guided implements automated anything they can. The gov't property restrictions on the church got taken off a few yrs back and they got busy buying land and starting up new colonies. Now they are taxable and run the farms as farming corporations. Oilpatch was paying a lot of their expenses with lease rentals. One patch outfit around here folded maybe 4 yrs ago, 660k owed to one colony in leases for that year, they likely run 30 sections of land. The ones around here are pretty sharp, but, also a product of the outbreeding program from the 70's and 80's. You can tell with some of the colonies, some had some serious issues with the inbreeding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My cousin trades booze to the hutts for a truck load of potato's every year and gives them out to the town. Like the Mormon's they suck free chit from the gov as much as they can, and it's pretty much a cult.

As far as the bird flu, it has a 95% mortality rate and killing the whole flock is how they keep it from spreading.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
My cousin trades booze to the hutts for a truck load of potato's every year and gives them out to the town. Like the Mormon's they suck free chit from the gov as much as they can, and it's pretty much a cult.

As far as the bird flu, it has a 95% mortality rate and killing the whole flock is how they keep it from spreading.

Well, I’ll have grant you that a dead bird can’t get sick.....

But if the domestic birds aren’t sick, and the sick ones are destroyed..... how do they get sick to begin with.

Now, as far as avian influenza and that 95% mortality rate.... what’s the heritability factor of resistance? .2? .3? .4? With a generation time of broilers of five months, how fast can you get to a resistant flock? How many bureaucrats would lose their jobs?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
With all the retards here that put the Amish on a pedestal it’d be a step ladder for the hutts. Welfare rats by and large.

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Ribka: Not much good news anywhere these days!
Crime out of control, illegal alien hoards invading our country, george soros capering at will, teachers and professors have turned into mind controlling, brain washing, agenda driven propagandists, anti-American politicians and district attorneys showing up everywhere, inflation out of control, divided populace about to get at each others throats, senile and ineffective President, worse Vice President, putin running amok, china getting more and more evil every year, welfare rat children growing into drug dealers and murderers at an incredible rate, Federal Government out of control, national debt beyond incredible, and now that humble Hutterite rancher/farmer being hammered on multiple fronts and bizarre diseases (of man and animals!) showing up constantly anymore - WHAT next - I think I will go Varmint hunting?
Any luck fishing?
Drive defensively up there by the way!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You left out that our elections are now, for certain, illegitimate, as we saw them steal the 2020 election right in front of our faces, and no one went to prison for it.

YET. As I said, IT'S COMING.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
With all the retards here that put the Amish on a pedestal it’d be a step ladder for the hutts. Welfare rats by and large.

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quick question;

Do we really know there is a deadly bird flu that necessitates the killing millions of flocks just before a global food shortage?

Is this a new world order WEF program to force the world to eat bugs?

I don't trust a fuqking thing anymore.

#undergroundchickens

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Quick question;

Do we really know there is a deadly bird flu that necessitates the killing millions of flocks just before a global food shortage?

Is this a new world order WEF program to force the world to eat bugs?

I don't trust a fuqking thing anymore.

#undergroundchickens

Exactly.

Some government goon comes along and says that they did a PCR test (we all know how reliable they are), and a virus was detected in the area, soooo...... we gotta wipe out your entire operation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im sure every religion has its folks that violate their doctrines.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Trust the plan?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Trust the plan?
Patriots and schit...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 14 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.