Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Three levels of alert.

#1 -- Green -- all is well, no perceived threats.
#2 -- Amber -- Your spider sense is tingling -- check the area to see if there is a possible escape.
#3 -- Red -- imminent death or bodily harm -- Hope it doesn"t get to this. Protection mode.

In average stay somewhere between green and amber -- ever aware.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Avoiding the situation ahead of time is the best tactic. Since that dozen’t work 100% of the time, I choose to be prepared. You can avoid a lot of sheit, however, with a bit of pre planning, thinking, and paying attention to your surroundings. I cannot seem to beat this into my wife’s head. She insists on stumbling through this world completely oblivious to what takes place around her.

Most excellent and reasonable post, sir. Rittenhouse was 100% in the right to do what he did and I'm sure of the couch commandos here would love to have been him, but no thanks, I'd rather run than face having to hire an army of Yid lawyers to defend my ass,,,

It is the rule of stupid cubed, if you go to stupid places, at stupid times, with stupid people, bad things will happen. Follow the rule of stupid, always be aware of your surroundings, and always carry, as a last resort, just in case.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My problem is I ain't got much ass so carrying one of the 1911s I'm constantly having to pull my pants up because they start sagging.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Get you and your loved ones to safety.

If that is not possible, only then stand your ground.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shinbone

I agree with this in principle, however that is a decision you may have to make in a split second. For instance, you're stuck in traffic and you see someone coming who you think may be trying to carjack you. Do you evacuate the vehicle with your family or do you take out your weapon and assume a defensive stance while cautioning your family, friends, or ? to get as low as possible in the vehicle? Or you are standing outside a restaurant in the dark waiting for a table in 80 degree weather. A guy is coming across the parking lot in a heavy coat that goes down to his knees and he isn't the friendly looking type....

The problem is there is no one size fits all situation for a self defense situation. We have to make decisions based on very little information, using our gut instincts, with others possibly depending on us, with the best weapon we have at hand, knowing there will be legal consequences at the end. I don't envy cops in this situation and they are trained - for the rest of us we can be pretty brave as the Alpha males we see ourselves as on sites like this, but we never really know how we will react in real life until it happens...

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 05/10/22.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
My problem is I ain't got much ass so carrying one of the 1911s I'm constantly having to pull my pants up because they start sagging.

Suspenders Roger grin

Kahr PM 9 in a pocket holster is easy to conceal not very fast to draw from when seated in the truck though. Never even looked at a .380 because the Kahr is plenty small enough for me.

I'm all about retreat if possible but a bad knee and back have lowered the bar about what presents the possibility of grave harm to myself.

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Part of any answer will depend on what state you happen to be in....for example, in WI we have 'have no duty to retreat'... Yet, in MN, one must run/hide/retreat until nothing left is available except deadly force...

If some sob is comin' at me with some kind of weapon, he (or it) is gonna have a really, really bad day.. Just sayin'.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Boy I wish this didn't describe me!

Short and squatty,
All gut and no butt.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ride a bicycle like ol' Barnyard Paul. That'll get them glutes sticking out there. The girls will love you!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Good Fugking God.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I always thought that if someone were trying to abduct me, I'd just chit my britches. I figure they'd soon ditch me for a better smelling victim.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I always thought that if someone were trying to abduct me, I'd just chit my britches. I figure they'd soon ditch me for a better smelling victim.
Aha, the reptile maneuver !

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
A full size 1911 is easily concealed when wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.

It never ceases to crack me up when guys talk about "hard to conceal" or "summer wear". Hell, it's summer here damn near all the time. A Carhartt
t-shirt untucked and Wrangler cargo shorts are my daily attire. I could damn near conceal a minigun under there.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by 12344mag
A full size 1911 is easily concealed when wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.

It never ceases to crack me up when guys talk about "hard to conceal" or "summer wear". Hell, it's summer here damn near all the time. A Carhartt
t-shirt untucked and Wrangler cargo shorts are my daily attire. I could damn near conceal a minigun under there.

I packed a 1911 daily in S Texas with such a uniform when I lived there.

Me

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Seeing what other white Christian straight men go through if they defend themselves with a concealed firearm I’ll do everything I can to extricate my family (first) and myself (second) safely without firing a shot (third).

Those are my priorities, in order of importance.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by shinbone

Even Sun Tzu said the best battle is one you never have to fight! (or something like that, ha) My minimum is a S&W snubby (158+P LHC) in a Mika Pocket holster. EDC is a G23. Last and best thing I bought was "Concealed Carry Insurance". You don't want to have to defend yourself with a local ambulance chaser lawyer on your own dime!

PS Work all this out beforehand, if you can. Too many unknowns and you will hesitate...very bad for you.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 05/10/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Been wearing them under a tee shirt for a few years...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'll only add a GOOD belt and holster do wonders for toting fight stopping pistols. I tote a streamlight so I can see and spare mags so I can shoot. The "not being there" is the safest play. Your in Oregon well-known enclave of liberals so you should move away.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm going to do everything I can to avoid and GTFO.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
"The .380 in your pocket is much better that the .45 Auto back at home in the night stand". My Polish P-64 has a slightly more powerful round than a PPK, and is almost the same size and weight. The only time I've had to seriously consider anything beyond a loud verbal warning was late one night at a well-lit gas station on the bypass loop around Atlanta. I had forgotten to gas up before I got there. A persistent panhandler and his buddy he thought I didn't know was there tried to tag team me, and the guy who believed he was distracting me with his sob story figured out that I was onto his game. I got as far as lifting my shirt tail and getting a grip on my carry piece before they both decided they had business elsewhere, RIGHT NOW!

I 285. I have spent many hundreds of hours driving this road. You don't recall which exit it was, do you?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,407
Posts18,528,000
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.