Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not a rumor!!! Wilson Combat purchased NULA in early April and is being moved to Arkansas, Don't ask me how I know!

GB1

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Good news that the line will continue with a known quality builder.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
seems odd melvin would tell me to send my rifle in for a re barrel and we talked about the issues and pricing increases he is dealing with if the company was sold and this was yesterday

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gene270
seems odd melvin would tell me to send my rifle in for a re barrel and we talked about the issues and pricing increases he is dealing with if the company was sold and this was yesterday

Maybe the deal was just struck and it won't close for a few months.....plenty of due diligence to be done.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Maybe it will work this time.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Not a rumor!!! Wilson Combat purchased NULA in early April and is being moved to Arkansas, Don't ask me how I know!
OK.

How do you know?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Interesting....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
well we would be a month into the buy out and it would seem machines would be in shipment I would think to their new location not to mention crucibel steel got sold and douglas doesnt know when they will be getting stainless in for a barrel and that is what i want but melvin said send it and he is ordering other things to make guns....just seems odd but its not my business so i can only speculate

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Nothing was mentioned to me when I sent my gun in last month to Melvin. It will be a couple months turnaround because of the rebarrel job. He must be in business still that long at least. I was hoping to get a second one done, might not be enough time I guess.

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Melvin does the rebarreling/conversions himself outside of NULA. That’s why you make the check out to him directly. I’m speculating but doubt Wilson will make the rifles using Melvins equipment and instead use cnc machines so Melvin can still continue to do work on NULAs.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wilson will charge at least $5K for a “NULA”. I’m glad the end of Melvin won’t be the end of NULA. But damn.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hipshoot
Nice RUG on the guy on the left-----LOOKS LIKE A DOOR MAT!I think

Maybe with a name like that it is -----A FLYING CARPET!
It's been the same for a very long time.

He's an okay guy, I think.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Razorhog
They have a problem finding enough workers because background checks prohibit any felons. The class III stuff prohibits that.RH

I am looking forward to retiring soon as I get my medical condition taken care of, wonder what the pay rate and vacation schedule is like. I could relocate for the right gig, although the GF probably wouldn't like it.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

thats bs, and i know for a fact otherwise but am not at liberty to speak details

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ilikeguns

thats bs, and i know for a fact otherwise but am not at liberty to speak details

Lovely……….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My money is on the fella from West Virginia. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

We will see about the 27th of May at the NRA Convention.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Always interesting to read posts from people who absolutely know what's going on, and don't....

Had a 2-hour conversation with Melvin yesterday, but can't reveal the real deal for a little while.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Always interesting to read posts from people who absolutely know what's going on, and don't....

Had a 2-hour conversation with Melvin yesterday, but can't reveal the real deal for a little while.

I’m happy for Melvin that there is a deal. I hope the company will be in good hands and lives on for many years.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by drano 25
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so.

You do know Ed Brown's 1911s are every bit as expensive and reliable/accurate as the WC 1911s right?

Surely you would at least go to Brown's website and verify the utter BS you are spewing.

I have a Wilson CQB Compact that I have had for years, back when they were sub $2500 it was gifted to me by my uncle before he passed, I have owned full size Wilson, Baer and Brown, and sadly let them go for trivial unjustified reasons related to either weight or size.

To try and put DW or any other mass produced 1911 up against any of the top shelf 1911 builders is ludicrous at best, but I would put DW and S&W 1911s up there above a myriad of other options.

FTR, I wouldn't put Kimber in the same basket as a Philippines made RIA, I have had a dozen of those over priced and unreliable turds and was disappointed every damn time.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.