Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Every bill is up!

$6 road diesel here, first time for that.
$5.89 here

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Lost 20,000 the first quarter and can't wait to see how much is gone this one.

We are riding it out because there are still chances to make some back.

So you sold for the loss?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I bought some stock tO hedge a big 401 downturn. Hope it works out

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Joey will fix this...

He will borrow against the TSPs of Government Workers... to save Social Security... which was borrowed against... to establish Welfare.

It'll be OK.

Trust Joey!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

We are down 200k in the same period. we haven’t sold anything. We lost half in the 08/09 downturn and 300k mar 2020. The older you get the more stressful these downturns are. It won’t be long before we move to a less volatile position. It wears me out when the market drops so much.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Oakster
I think we are close to the bottom. Its going to turn around before too long. Its all in the numbers. Look at the earning .

So, your shoe shine man isnt telling you what stocks are a good deal?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by blanket
You holding faith in another election ish promising, me not so much

Lots of risks out there.

But I recall Alan Greenspan saying at one of his many hearings, “Stability, in and of itself creates instability “. I guess stability must be a risk also.

Alan had some doozies.

Greenspan was a moron...

My wife's 14 year old cat pukes up better chit than he ever said.

He invented and built the computerised trading models that will destroy the markets some say.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

There are still chances to lose all ones ass.

I dont know what Trump.will do to repair whats coming for the Bolshes.

Seeing heads of Big Pharma and Bolshe banks and other swampster business leaders hung for treason may make the markets dip more than a bit.

Clue. Trump said we had been attacked more viciously than at Pearl Harbor which led to WW2.

Im thinking we are in the early stages of WW3 but in unconventional warfare.

The Presidency was also attacked.

Anyone thinking that will go unpunished is sucking MSM BS.

As Q saud, The ending of this wont be for everyone.

Pain coming.

Justice under the Law.

MAGA.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Put your money somewhere safe.... government bonds. Honestly how can or why should the market go back up? Things are getting tight and when there's not enough food of fuel to go around it'll only get worse. Between Russia, the abortion issues and up coming election there might not be much left to worry about. Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting that Biden's policies have big oil and coal producers raking in massive gains. BTU is up over 200% in a year. ESG is another racket.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We gonna bounce around and continue a general negative direction for a while.

3500-3600 S&P.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by erikj
Interesting that Biden's policies have big oil and coal producers raking in massive gains. BTU is up over 200% in a year. ESG is another racket.

Yep.

I’m down but my petros have mitigated the drop so far.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it will continue to decline until unemployment gets high enough that the Fed reverses course by saying "high inflation is necessary for low unemployment." I'm guessing 5-12 months from now.

Countries like Sri Lanka and Turkey are already collapsing and people are starving in Kenya so our government might turn the money printer back on to "save the world". It's just easier to steal.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Powell is summoning Volcker. History repeats.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by erikj

Still holding BTU I picked up last year and bought more on the drop a few weeks ago. Sittng mostly on gas, ol, mid stream agriculture, dividend stocks now

Ill pick up amazon, Microsoft, Ford if the drop more this summer. I think the market has a lot more correction to go.

Looking to pick up silver and some gold here shortly . I think silver is in buy territory soon

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Look at a chart of the dot com crash. That crash played out over 2.5 years! Buying the dip didn't work out so well that time as the dips just kept coming and coming. I see the same here only ten times worse. I'm all out. Made about 4.5 percent in the first quarter and got out before this drop started. It will take more than yesterday for me to think things are heading in right direction and with these clowns in charge I don't see that happening. With the midterms coming it's no telling what they got planned that will further roil the markets.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heck no the festivities have yet to begin. It’s not going to be bumpy, more like a turbulent plane ride followed by being sucked out a window, passing through a turbine and spit out without a parachute. Then whacked by 2 of 3 blades on a windmill in Kansas just before a thud.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Look at a chart of the dot com crash. That crash played out over 2.5 years! Buying the dip didn't work out so well that time as the dips just kept coming and coming. I see the same here only ten times worse. I'm all out. Made about 4.5 percent in the first quarter and got out before this drop started. It will take more than yesterday for me to think things are heading in right direction and with these clowns in charge I don't see that happening. With the midterms coming it's no telling what they got planned that will further roil the markets.

Good reminder. It is tempting to try and time the dip. You're probably correct this volatility will last a long time like in 2000

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's getting really old. I started buying call options out a year on AMD, AAPL and MSFT. Hoping for at least a bear market rally soon. If I get a bounce, I'll either sell into it or buy the puts and have straddles in case it sells off again.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Anyone think or believe we’re at or near the bottom yet ?

If you want my wild guess as of today, I think we are probably about to rally in the short term. I picked up a long position in Netphag (NFLX) for a trade yesterday. I feel dirty. I'm not planning on holding it long but think it could attack the open gap down area just to the north of where it is now over the next days/weeks. I'll sell it then or sell it for a small loss if it it does not go my way. I'm also holding a short position in QQQ from 360ish that I have hedged with calls.

I suspect the bottom of this bear will be somewhere between the pre-COVID highs and the Covid lows of 2020. So I think we are perhaps near a bottom but a loooong way from THE bottom. We probably get there in about 16 to 18 months.

Obviously, the Fed could blow up this scenario at will......if they want to completely sacrifice the currency, and if the bond market lets them. They could try and save the market by cutting the discount rate and restarting QE but long term rates could explode upward if they do given the inflation rate. My guess is that they see the safest way out of the mess they created as killing the stock market/creating a recession.

But I reserve the right to be wrong and change my mind on a dime.

Last edited by RJY66; 05/14/22.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,773
Posts18,495,725
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.