Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This man, John Allen, does. He relates seeing one when he was 16. Scared him to death. He also is a good story teller.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are more believable than Q or Biden.

But not by much.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. I believe in spirits, but not the ghosts of the deceased

Romans 5:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
This man, John Allen, does. He relates seeing one when he was 16. Scared him to death. He also is a good story teller.

L.W.
I like that channel. He’s an excellent story teller.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know that ghosts are real. My girlfriend has a house in Atlanta that was built in 1939. First four or five times I spent the night in that house the ghosts just about ran me ragged.

My buddy was in medical school in Augusta Georgia at that time, he and his wife came over to spend the night. I told Dwight not to mess with the ghost. Told him not to say a thing, and the ghosts would let themselves be known. Dwight entered the living room and did the macho number. He said "Here I am ghost, show me what you got you badass!"

Macho man Dwight.

About 6:30 am the next morning, we heard the Nissan crank up, and Dwight and his wife were gone, without breakfast, or a word of goodbye. Hell I was still asleep. Dwight rolling down I20 back to Augusta. The ghosts had run Dwight out of the house.

I am not telling you that you must believe in ghosts. You believe what you want.

But I know that ghosts are real.

"There are more things in heaven and earth,
than are dreamed of in your philosophy..."

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Hell no . The only ghost I believe in is the Holy Ghost.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No, non in the woods either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EddieSouthgate
Hell no . The only ghost I believe in is the Holy Ghost.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible clearly states that there is no communication between the living and the dead. None. It also clearly states that demons are real. They're not dead people and have never been people. They're angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven along with their leader, Satan. They're very real and dangerous beyond imagination. People who get into seances and the like have no idea of the evil power they're messing with.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible clearly states that there is no communication between the living and the dead. None. It also clearly states that demons are real. They're not dead people and have never been people. They're angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven along with their leader, Satan. They're very real and dangerous beyond imagination. People who get into seances and the like have no idea of the evil power they're messing with.

Anything like that is from Satan. Pure Evil.
Not ghosts of dead relatives.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Truth...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Rock Chuck has it nailed

GreggH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think that Satan exists, and I believe that there are demons. I think that people who mess with the Ouija Board are getting in way over their heads, as they may be inviting demons into their lives. I try to steer clear of Satan and demons.

But I also believe that there are ghosts out there that are not malignant. I guess I can't be a Christian.

And when Shakespeare said

"There are more things in heaven and earth'

I guess Shakespeare wasn't a Christian, either.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Strangest one I had happened about 25 years ago. Couple of LDS Missionaries came to visit one night. Got kinda drunk one night, they came knocking, and I let them in. Nice gals, so I let them come back a few more times. We kind of built up a friendship. Anyway, my GF had got killed in an accident a couple years earlier.

The LDS came for a visit and left. They both sat on the couch, me in a chair. They left and I returned to my chair. I could smell my GF there at the chair, clear as day! Neither of the gals had even touched it, so it could not have been them. Plus, if you ever slept with someone for a couple years, you know "their smell". Skin, hair, etc. The LDS were great people, the ones I met. It just kind of spooked me out.

I have nothing bad to say about LDS, some of the nicest people I have ever met! It was just that one very strange experience that scared me away. I have no explanations for that night.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've seen and heard things I can't explain. So yes.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I think that Satan exists, and I believe that there are demons. I think that people who mess with the Ouija Board are getting in way over their heads, as they may be inviting demons into their lives. I try to steer clear of Satan and demons.

But I also believe that there are ghosts out there that are not malignant. I guess I can't be a Christian.

And when Shakespeare said

"There are more things in heaven and earth'

I guess Shakespeare wasn't a Christian, either.

Good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Kills me how folks on TV shows and other make claims that certain spirits are specific passed folks.

How do they know the ghost isnt a demon lying?

Just leave all of it alone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't believe in ghosts..per say. Wife thinks we have something in our house. So far 95% of the crap I could explain. Being touched was weird but I think that was my mind playing games.

Ouija board was mass produced by Milton Bradley for fugs sake. It's a board game that uses your brain against you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No ghosts, boogeymen, demons, devil, whatever.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, Aviator, 12 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.