Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I have followed all of the directions for posting pictures. Every step works well except I can not get full size picture to post on the forum. My pictures show up small at bottom of the page. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do so they will be larger in size?

Thanks for your help.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Go here:
https://postimages.org/.
Sign up. Log in. Choose Images. Add photo. Select and copy Hotlink for forums and paste in your post. Get this:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every day’s an adventure.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You don’t need to sign up with postimage or log in to post pics. Certainly can; but don’t need to.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Following AKwolverine’s advice, I tried postimages.org just now without logging in. Results:

Worked for one photo, but wouldn’t do a second without logging in:

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok…….I take a picture on my I-phone I want to post. What’s next?

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Using your iPhone, go to https://postimages.org and click on Choose images. Select Photo Library, which should take you to your iPhone photos. Select the single photo you want to use and click Add, which should move you to a page showing a reduced size image of your photo on the left along with a list of coded selections on the right. Select Hotlink for forums to highlight the code there. Then copy that code and paste it where you want your photo to appear in your post. And, voila!

Alternatively, first transfer your iPhone photo to an iPad or laptop, then use that to go to https://postimages.org and proceed from there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Using your iPhone, go to https://postimages.org and click on Choose images. Select Photo Library, which should take you to your iPhone photos. Select the single photo you want to use and click Add, which should move you to a page showing a reduced size image of your photo on the left along with a list of coded selections on the right. Select Hotlink for forums to highlight the code there. Then copy that code and paste it where you want your photo to appear in your post. And, voila!

Alternatively, first transfer your iPhone photo to an iPad or laptop, then use that to go to https://postimages.org and proceed from there.

Thanks Exchipy, I’ll give it a try.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The below is a copy I did on another post last week with screenshots directly from my iphone and uploaded to post image

go to https://postimages.org

Click the 'choose images' button in the middle of the screen.

Then click the button for 'hotlink for forums'. That will copy the address to your clipboard.

Paste that in your response on this forum (Paste by ctl+v or right clicking your mouse and choosing paste)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'll add some more comments to make it even more confusing....

What exchipy and myself just posted works great and is easy. I've started using it for posting pictures I don't care to come back to at a later date, things I feel as just being pertinent in that moment.

For long term saving or something I know I might post a year or two from now.....I use imgur (but I would believe an account at postimage would work as well, as well as several other photo hosting sites). It keeps them all in one place for me to use anytime I want and gives the same type of link as postimage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I guess I’m dumber than I thought. I’ll just not post pictures. I could when it was Photo Bucket, but not now! Thanks for trying guys.

Doug
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Imgur!!!! Very easy. If you could do photobucket, that's how I used to post pictures, you can easily figure out Imgur. Its also free. I don't have any complaints..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I must have some kind of security deal on this phone I just tried to post a image deal and it loads up to about halfway and then just starts over and it never loads anything. But Imgur shows it loads of picture but it's nowhere to be found.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If one is using the forum process, click on your image to bring up the full size version. Copy the URL that's up at the top of the web page and paste that into the image address box.

For sure a convoluted process here. Easier to use another image hosting site.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/16/22.

1Minute
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ldholton
I must have some kind of security deal on this phone I just tried to post a image deal and it loads up to about halfway and then just starts over and it never loads anything. But Imgur shows it loads of picture but it's nowhere to be found.
Have your kids or grandkids show you how to post pictures.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use Post image also. I send the photo to my computer so that I can work with the image using paint. Then I save it to a sub-directory under documents. Go to the post image site and follow exchippy's directions.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Imgur works well too and is free. You can easily find instructions on how to use it on the web.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Imgur is the simplest photo hosting site to use, IMO. If an old Luddite like me can use it, then so can you. If you used Photobucket, you can use Imgur. Of course, I don't live by my smartphone (it's for phone calls and texts - pics get downloaded from the phone and uploaded to Imgur - I do it with my laptop.) The phone is for communicating, not ruling my life.

Copied off the internet and saved in Imgur.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/16/22.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Imgur is the simplest photo hosting site to use, IMO. If an old Luddite like me can use it, then so can you. If you used Photobucket, you can use Imgur. Of course, I don't live by my smartphone (it's for phone calls and texts - pics get downloaded from the phone and uploaded to Imgur - I do it with my laptop.) The phone is for communicating, not ruling my life.

Copied off the internet and saved in Imgur.

I agree buddy. Now most teenagers would disagree, but most of us aren't teenagers either..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Postimage.org

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,056
Posts18,482,343
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.