Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yes

Had a buddy growing up that lived in an old 1800s home, said a little ghost boy would come try to wake him up at night and try to get him to come play. They moved.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Y'all need to aks renegade.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible clearly states that there is no communication between the living and the dead. None. It also clearly states that demons are real. They're not dead people and have never been people. They're angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven along with their leader, Satan. They're very real and dangerous beyond imagination. People who get into seances and the like have no idea of the evil power they're messing with.

^^^^^ THis. I do believe in the Rougaroo and Sasquatch though grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I have never felt fear like that in my life.
And I have been able to overcome fear and work with it and set it aside in some pretty schitty situations from conditioning, training, and drilled in reaction.

Even thinking about ghost shawl lady and tree peakers at times gives me goosebumps on my forearms or raises the hair on em.

People can laugh or whatever.
I know what the fuuuck I seen on those 1st 2 mornings and I know what I experienced that 3rd morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by marktheshark
I to this day have no idea if it was a ghost or what the hell it was but have had one weird "encounter"

Was probably 11 or so and was camping near the Gettysburg Battlefield with my scout troop. One day we went to an area of the battlefield called "Devils Den" basically an area of huge boulders all piled around. Myself and 2 friends were crawling amongst the rocks through what were almost tunnels and were in a dark open area that was completely under the rocks. We got disoriented and couldnt find the way we got into this area or a way out. We were beginning to panic a bit when we all heard a clear voice saying "come this way". Sounded like the voice of a male teenager. Went towards the voice and it led us to a "tunnel" that went to the outside of the rock jumble. The same voice was heard telling us to keep coming while we were in the exit "tunnel". When we exited our den leader and his wife were nearby and and when we told them we would've been stuck in there if not for the help from some person they said NO ONE had come out the tunnel before us and there was no one around whos voice would have matched what we heard!!!

Had my kids at Gettysburg several years ago. While driving on the road down near Devils Den there was a huge black snake halfway across the road. I swerved around it and when I looked in my drivers side mirror the snake had it's head up probably 6 inches off the road looking at me. Freaked me out. Asked about it in one of the gift shops in town and they were all aware of the local snake.

I took many pictures also all around there with my digital camera. I was surprised by many orbs in the pics.

Why would driving past a snake in the road freak you out? And what does that have to do with ghost?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A few years back ole Boudreaux went to pickup little Boudreaux at that big school in Baton Rouge. Lil Boo was not ready so ole Boo was wondering around campus and ended up in the auditorium. A man started speaking and Boudreaux being a county boy found this interesting.

The speaker first asked who believes in ghost? Nearly everybody raised their hands, including Boudreaux.
He then asked has anybody seen a ghost? Still plenty of hands were in the air and Boudreaux was still waiving his arm.
The next question was have you talked to a ghost? Boudreaux and just a few others raised there hands.

The speaker said the next question is a little personal but who in here has had sex with a ghost? Only ole Boudreaux raised his hand. The speaker invited him on stage, got real close, and asked what was it like to have sex with a ghost.

Boudreaux looked at him and replied, I am so embarrassed. I thought you were saying goats.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve read that Devil’s Den got its name from an Indian legend involving that area and a demon or evil spirit that lived in those rocks as a gigantic black serpent.
This was well before the War between the States. That area was first settled by whites in the 1730s, 40s and ‘50s.
When Ben was young, he had the collection of Books “Gohst of Gettysburg “.
They’re actually pretty good reading.
When Penny and I go, we usually reserve one evening to spend around the tower on Doubleday Avenue. Iverson’s Pits are located in the field across the road. Supposed to be the most haunted place on the field.
There have been a couple times I felt a very eerie presence, and she swore she heard a horse trot last.
We usually spend a couple days there, and we take in a “Ghost Walk” as well. They’re pretty entertaining.
7mm
Edited to add this link.
Iverson’s Pits

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 05/16/22.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We had one in our previous house.At one time or another everyone in the family saw HER.The Previous owners wife had died there from cancer.She would often appear on the stairs or an upstairs bedroom.She never tried to scare anyone and I think was not aware that we were there.Not malevolent at all.No form of communication at all.I believe her spirit(soul) did not understand she was dead.

Last edited by Huntz; 05/16/22.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My great aunt on Dad’s side had a small house in Pleasantville across from the old post office.
In the early 70s, my parents would take her to Philadelphia once or twice a month for Chemo. (at that time most hospitals didn’t offer it)
The last time they took her, she knew the jig was up. Dad said she went around rubbing her hands and kissing the walls, saying “Goodbye little house” and things like that.
Many years later, Dad was coming out of the post office and saw an older lady looking out the second story window. A couple days later he ran into the current owner, a young fellow who lived there with his wife.
He asked him if his mother was visiting, and told him what he’d seen.
“Oh, you mean the ‘Lady in White’!” He told Dad that the house was inhabited by this spirit they’d both seen numerous times.
Dad died convinced that it was his Aunt Garnet looking out the window that day!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes. Yes I do. Grew up in Central Texas in a house built in 1865.

Yup.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Satan's game is to get you to believe in anything that's against Jesus. These 'ghosts' are his demons, sent to deceive you. Yes, many times people have seen spirits, haints, whatever you want to call them, but none of them are departed souls. They're Satan's followers deceiving you.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I believe that people believe in ghosts.

When Jesus walked on water, some disciples thought he might have been a spirit.

They may or may not exist, but they are none of my business. No good has ever come from them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Only the Holy Ghost.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I have never felt fear like that in my life.
And I have been able to overcome fear and work with it and set it aside in some pretty schitty situations from conditioning, training, and drilled in reaction.

Even thinking about ghost shawl lady and tree peakers at times gives me goosebumps on my forearms or raises the hair on em.

People can laugh or whatever.
I know what the fuuuck I seen on those 1st 2 mornings and I know what I experienced that 3rd morning.
Those that don't believe...................won't

Whatever they are, ghosts, spirits, whatever name from whatever culture you want to give them.............I'm with you. They're out there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think stuff exists, but most likely not what people think it to be.

Stay away from it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Bible clearly states that there is no communication between the living and the dead. None.

Well, it's not quite as clear as all that...

If you check out I Samuel 28, when Saul conned the witch of Endor to conjure up the spirit of Samuel, the scripture clearly states that it was the spirit of Samuel himself, i.e., a "ghost". So it's pretty hard to unequivocally state that the Bible says there is no communication between the living and dead. It may not be a common thing, and by scripture it is certainly a forbidden thing to do, but the example of Saul and Samuel seems to indicate it is indeed possible.

Now, I've heard all kinds of convoluted logic by preachers saying that it wasn't Samuel, it was a demon, or "a gods coming out of the earth" in the witch's words, but the scripture passage states pretty clearly that, yep, it was Samuel's ghost and nobody else. So I'm inclined to take the scripture at its face value.

It also clearly states that demons are real. They're not dead people and have never been people. They're angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven along with their leader, Satan. They're very real and dangerous beyond imagination. People who get into seances and the like have no idea of the evil power they're messing with.

There is no question in my mind that Satan/Lucifer is a real person, a fallen angel, and the Prince of this world. He has minions (not cute yellow capsules in denim overalls, unfortunately), and I believe that most of the paranormal activity that people ascribe to "ghosts" of living people are actions of these agents of evil.

But I also believe that the spiritual world, as part of the time-space continuum, is far more complex than most religious people give credit to. C.S. Lewis touched on this in his writings on several occasions, in The Great Divorce, in Mere Christianity, in his science fiction trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandria, and That Hideous Strength), and of course in his Narnia series. Aquinas touches on it briefly in parts of his Summa Theologica, but I'm danged if I can give you a citation for that, it's 40 years since I cracked Summa.

C.S. Lewis explained it best, I think, by saying that there are echoes of the spiritual forces at play at the beginning of the world(s) that we encounter from time to time. If you think of them in physical terms as wave phenomena (which is what sonic echoes are, of course) there will be times and places where these echoes will pile up to have greater amplitude and become more apparent. Events in the past that had great spiritual impact, such as the deaths of many people at one place and time, may have spiritual echoes that are strongest at a physical location, such as a battlefield.

I myself have experienced a very strong sense of these spiritual echoes in a couple of places. The one most of us here on the 'Fire would recognize was/is the Little Bighorn Battlefield. My first visit to the battlefield happened on an afternoon in April of 1996. I arrived at the battlefield at about 3 pm. It was a cold and blustery afternoon, heavily overcast, and a mofo of a blizzard was on its way in. The guy in the Smokey the Bear hat told me I was the only person there that day, due to the weather I guess. I bought an interpretive map and drove up into the park and promised him I'd be back by the time he was going to close the gates at 5.

I was very familiar with the place from reading many, many books over the years, but it was an entirely new thing to drive up into the battlefield that day and see it with my own eyes. I drove all the way to Reno Hill to start my exploration. I got out of my minivan with my dog and we nosed around the hill. I found several of the shallow rifle pits that made the western perimeter of the defensive position, and laid down in them, trying to imagine the lines of sight I would have with a Springfield rifle. It was interesting... I realized I couldn't see damn all from down there, just a small sector of the slope up from the river. Interesting, but not spooky. I poked my way around back toward the Custer monument over the next hour or so, stopping and getting out to examine some of the headstones along the way, examining the topography, and so forth. I made it back to the road above the monument shortly before 5 pm. I got out again, and I had the unshakable sense that there was someone coming along the road behind me. When I turned and looked there was no one there, of course. But I could feel someone there. Several someones, actually, and on horseback. The wind was out of the northwest, and cold, but I could smell horse sweat. You don't have to be a horseman to know that horses don't smell much like sweat when it's 35 degrees out, but they sure as hell do on a hot June afternoon on the Montana plains.

A couple years later I was on a flight from Minneapolis to Portland, and fell asleep. I had a dream about battle, vague and chaotic, and woke up with a start. My wife asked me what was up, and I said to her, "I think we're over the Little Bighorn Battlefield." I looked out the window, and there it was, 30,000 feet below and a few miles north of our line of flight. The line of the river and the interstate running through there is topographically unmistakable.

Ghosts? I dunno. But there was something there that was not of the natural world, and I've felt it every time I've visited that place. Never as strong as that first time, though, when I was the sole living person on those hills. Perhaps there was less psychic interference from other people, or maybe the dark wintry twilight played havoc with my imagination. I dunno. But it sure felt real at the time and there's no mistaking the smell of horse sweat...

Other people have told me similar experiences at Civil War battlefields.

Last edited by DocRocket; 05/16/22.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. Matthew 14:26, NIV
"Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have." Luke 24:39, NIV

Jesus did not deny the existence of ghosts; He simply said He wasn't one. So I can imagine there's a lot of confusion. In the Gospel of Matthew, the disciples saw Moses and Elijah (who had not yet resurrected) with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matt. 17:1–9).

My faith basically says - along with Scripture it forbids divination or necromancy—summoning the dead or other practices meant to seek forbidden knowledge (e.g., Deut. 18:11 cf. Lev. 19:31; 20:6, 27; CCC 2116). Which is a bit different than saying "there's a ghost"

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's funny when people discuss haints, demons and little green men.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just saw the Ghost of Kiiv. He was wearing women clothes and high heels like Zelenskiy

Quite the ghost and no I am not lying

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (Buckshot5, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.