-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...whats bugged me about ghost sightings...forever..... is that ghosts typically appear in "period correct" dress?
I mean WTF , I can see a spirit sticking around but for some reason It would seem more difficult for his/her kit.
Particularly in the case of Civil War muskets, They weigh a lot. I'd SAF hate to schlepp one of those to eternity.

...and get this , who's ever reported seeing a naked ghost? I'd have thought Marilyn Monroe would have stuck around to rat out the Kennedy Brothers after their involvement?

Makes no sense

.... like tears in the rain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If Jesus mentioned Ghost, then there are ghost.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
It's funny when people discuss haints, demons and little green men.
True story an older gentleman in our town smoked for over 50 years and decided to quite with the help of a drug call Chantex(spelling?) . Well everything went well for a day and then he went to hallucinating and seeing green men walking around and he thought they were real. His family called the ambulance and they figured out real quick it was a side affect of the drug so he quit taking it. He’s still alive today and quit smoking!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Y'all need to aks renegade.
I have never felt fear like that in my life.
And I have been able to overcome fear and work with it and set it aside in some pretty schitty situations from conditioning, training, and drilled in reaction.

Even thinking about ghost shawl lady and tree peakers at times gives me goosebumps on my forearms or raises the hair on em.

People can laugh or whatever.
I know what the fuuuck I seen on those 1st 2 mornings and I know what I experienced that 3rd morning.

No laughs here

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I personally believe that there are many dimensions. And that time as we perceive it is merely an illusion. That is to say we can only experience it one way. Other being might be able to move back and forth on a timeline. God can see all of time and all of creation laid out before him. He can see everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen laid out before him as the great NOW. Thus it is all happening simultaneously to him. And perhaps, other beings as well are more perceptive of this and able to move in other dimensions more freely. I believe the spirit world is largely just that, another dimension with beings who inhabit it like we inhabit ours.

Anyway, from time to time I believe these beings may dip into our dimension and we are able to perceive them, a little like a fish might see a hand thrust into the water without seeing the human it is attached to. He sees it come in and go out. He doesn’t know where it came from or where it went. To him it was there and now it is gone. Some ghosts are like that.

And since I think time is more or less happening all the time everything at once. That means in some respect the battle of Gettysburg is still being fought and will continue to be so forever. So, sometimes this bleeds over into our dimension or certain persons are able to perceive it as though through a glass, darkly.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/16/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I think that Satan exists, and I believe that there are demons. I think that people who mess with the Ouija Board are getting in way over their heads, as they may be inviting demons into their lives. I try to steer clear of Satan and demons.

But I also believe that there are ghosts out there that are not malignant. I guess I can't be a Christian.

And when Shakespeare said

"There are more things in heaven and earth'
than are dreamed of in your philosophy..."

I guess Shakespeare wasn't a Christian, either.

I think christians believe in demons AND the Holy Ghost.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I strongly believe that as mere humans, we don't know, what we don't know.
That's as deep as I get.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Satan's game is to get you to believe in anything that's against Jesus. These 'ghosts' are his demons, sent to deceive you. Yes, many times people have seen spirits, haints, whatever you want to call them, but none of them are departed souls. They're Satan's followers deceiving you.

RC,

What’s the deception, and if it’s from Satan, why?

A person sees something, call it a ghost or spirit. The spirit/ghost doesn’t say or do anything. The person who saw it only has a story to tell that they saw something.

It would be different if the ghost/spirit said, go kill your cat and drinks it’s blood. Then sure, maybe it’s a demon. But just a sighting of a something that didn’t speak - To me that’s reaching to say it’s 100% satanic.

Change my mind.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
Well......scary old Trump haunts the Lefties in their brain every day.

And makes many like Piglosi and Kilery wake with fear at night.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
DocRocket,

I know the exact feeling of something mystical or ghost like at the Battle of the Little Bighorn site. My logical side tells me it was my imagination and buildup to seeing a famous site that I had wanted to visit for years. IDK, but there was absolutely a feeling of something that I could almost feel and see but not quite.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
That's as deep as I get.

I’d concur with that. Mysteries abound and not everything has or can be explained away.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Teal
When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. Matthew 14:26, NIV
"Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have." Luke 24:39, NIV

Jesus did not deny the existence of ghosts; He simply said He wasn't one. So I can imagine there's a lot of confusion. In the Gospel of Matthew, the disciples saw Moses and Elijah (who had not yet resurrected) with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matt. 17:1–9).

My faith basically says - along with Scripture it forbids divination or necromancy—summoning the dead or other practices meant to seek forbidden knowledge (e.g., Deut. 18:11 cf. Lev. 19:31; 20:6, 27; CCC 2116). Which is a bit different than saying "there's a ghost"

I think that's exactly right.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Spirits?? Yes
Ghost??No

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Absolutely!…without any doubt. Our entire neighborhood is haunted. The nice house across the street has sold 4 times in the 10 years we’ve lived here with no one lasting more than 2 years. All of our local friends and neighbors will say the same thing. I don’t run and good always overcomes evil eventually so while the man and 2 little girls that seem to like our house don’t feel evil I ain’t going anywhere. I could write pages and pages of our experiences as well as our close friends but something about this localized spot is haunted. One night some kids hit “a man” that just appeared out of nowhere by our house. They got out of the car crying and emotional because they thought they had just killed someone. The car had suffered damage consistent with all of their stories (which is really weird) but there was no victim. We used flashlights and headlights and searched everywhere with nothing found. When I asked them if the man was wearing a black hoody the girls freaked out. There’s a ghost that wears a black hoody and shows up from time to time standing on the yellow line in the middle of the road. My best friend and his wife “hit” him one night coming home after dinner. My buddy swerved but said there’s no way he didn’t hit him. His wife was crying as he’s looking for the guy but he doesn’t find anything. There’s something that’s completely unexplainable here but I don’t care because I’ve always had a close, personal relationship with God and I know that with him on my side there’s nothing to worry about….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Not until I see one myself.

But I gott say, my dogs freaked me out not long ago at our rec cabin. I was concentrating on some involved work and the random thought crossed my mind that I ought to take them for a walk. I turned around and they were both waiting at the door. The hair on the back of my neck prickled up.....

I'm either clairvoyant, or they are/were possessed by demons.

I'm going with the demons. smile

Last edited by las; 05/16/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The verdict on Big Foot is still out, but I believe in the Lock Ness monster and UFO’s.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
DocRocket,

I know the exact feeling of something mystical or ghost like at the Battle of the Little Bighorn site. My logical side tells me it was my imagination and buildup to seeing a famous site that I had wanted to visit for years. IDK, but there was absolutely a feeling of something that I could almost feel and see but not quite.

I had a very strong sense of "presence" there.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by RUM7
That's as deep as I get.

I’d concur with that. Mysteries abound and not everything has or can be explained away.

🦫

Wait, what? But we have (genuflection inserted here) SCIENCE that explains everything.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
DocRocket,

10 years or so ago I was going through North Dakota Historical archives that had recently been digitized.
Among the ones I was going through was Indian interviews from Standing Rock reservation about the battle.
Sitting bull was among the interviewee’s.
He said he wasn’t a participant in the battle but among the women and child.
After the battle he roamed the battlefield and when he came across last stand hill he was startled by Custer’s spirit.
He said the spirit had not yet departed but was lingering.
I meant to get back to those archives when I had more time, but never found that volume of archives again.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by 5sdad
DocRocket,

10 years or so ago I was going through North Dakota Historical archives that had recently been digitized.
Among the ones I was going through was Indian interviews from Standing Rock reservation about the battle.
Sitting bull was among the interviewee’s.
He said he wasn’t a participant in the battle but among the women and child.
After the battle he roamed the battlefield and when he came across last stand hill he was startled by Custer’s spirit.
He said the spirit had not yet departed but was lingering.
I meant to get back to those archives when I had more time, but never found that volume of archives again.

There’s a newer Documentary out there with those interviews, including Sitting Bull’s. Can’t remember if it’s on Netflix or Amazon Prime. But I think it’s on Prime.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.