Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Eileen and I have been shooting gophers on a local ranch since early March. You might even remember the rancher, who was in my class at Bozeman Senior High, when you were a year behind us. (Won't reveal his name here....)

Have killed quite a few, and are going out again tomorrow morning. So far have been keeping track by using a pen on paper, but yesterday Eileen bought me an Father's Day Present (even thought I am only a "father" to our two dogs), a clicker somewhat like yours--and the ones used by bird-guides in Argentina when dove shooting. Have noticed over the decades that clickers get going pretty rapidly, whether when shooting gophers or doves. Am NOT saying yours is one of those rapid-clickers, but have noticed how quickly yours works--even when you're shooting a LOT, and spending more time on the trigger....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good shooting!

μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Eileen and I have been shooting gophers on a local ranch since early March. You might even remember the rancher, who was in my class at Bozeman Senior High, when you were a year behind us. (Won't reveal his name here....)

Have killed quite a few, and are going out again tomorrow morning. So far have been keeping track by using a pen on paper, but yesterday Eileen bought me an Father's Day Present (even thought I am only a "father" to our two dogs), a clicker somewhat like yours--and the ones used by bird-guides in Argentina when dove shooting. Have noticed over the decades that clickers get going pretty rapidly, whether when shooting gophers or doves. Am NOT saying yours is one of those rapid-clickers, but have noticed how quickly yours works--even when you're shooting a LOT, and spending more time on the trigger....

Prairie dogs next week at Bob’s???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I have shot more, but not more without a miss. I bought a new Coop[er rifle in 17 CCM and it is a perfect gopher gun. I took it, a 17 Remington, a 223 and a 17 HMR shooting gophers. I started with the 17 CCM and before I knew it I had shot 12 in a row without a miss. I was wondering how long I could keep up the streak. I kept shooting and I even got 3 doubles and a triple while I was running my streak.

Then, wouldn't you know it, before I could shoot a complete box of 50 without a miss, I missed a chip shot. 48 rounds without a miss, 49 was a gimme and I missed it. 49/50 on gophers isn't bad. A total of 54 with 50 shots fired certainly isn't a bad showing for 1 box of cartridges.

I ended up with a total 200 confirmed kills on the clicker...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like 1 more wants to get shot and is sticking its head out of the hole in the bottom left. is that one already shot and just tried to climb back in the hole?

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by clwg97
I have shot more, but not more without a miss. I bought a new Coop[er rifle in 17 CCM and it is a perfect gopher gun. I took it, a 17 Remington, a 223 and a 17 HMR shooting gophers. I started with the 17 CCM and before I knew it I had shot 12 in a row without a miss. I was wondering how long I could keep up the streak. I kept shooting and I even got 3 doubles and a triple while I was running my streak.

Then, wouldn't you know it, before I could shoot a complete box of 50 without a miss, I missed a chip shot. 48 rounds without a miss, 49 was a gimme and I missed it. 49/50 on gophers isn't bad. A total of 54 with 50 shots fired certainly isn't a bad showing for 1 box of cartridges.

Looks like 1 more wants to get shot and is sticking its head out of the hole in the bottom left. is that one already shot and just tried to climb back in the hole?

I doubt he’s thinking much at all. One of the triplets that I got with the one shot…

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by clwg97

I doubt he’s thinking much at all. One of the triplets that I got with the one shot…

Awesome!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
All in a day's work.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have one of those counters.

It's for counting sheep.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It's for counting sheep.

Who’s sheep?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
All sheep.

My sheep...sleep sheep.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's for counting sheep.

Who’s sheep?

Live ones.

Needing to count dead things is more than a bit creepy.

I have been around and shot large volumes of PD and gophers and can say anyone using a counter for the day is creepy.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

It's for counting sheep.

Who’s sheep?

Live ones.

I have been around and shot large volumes of PD and gophers and can say anyone using a counter for the day is creepy.

Says the MF'er that posts pics and videos of LR kills to prove he's the "Real Deal"! LOL LOL LOL

Couldn't make this schidt up!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
Who’s sheep?

Live ones.

Says the MF'er that posts pics and videos of LR kills to prove he's the "Real Deal"! LOL LOL LOL

Couldn't make this schidt up!

The critters I eat all the away to the bone?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

It's for counting sheep.

Who’s sheep?

Live ones.

Speaking of creepy, there can’t be anything more creepy than a horse’s ass with a Desoto hood for a forehead. You really should consider wearing a paper bag over that head if yours…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of creepy, there can’t be anything more creepy than a horse’s ass with a Desoto hood for a forehead. You really should consider wearing a paper bag over that head if yours…

LOL.

I now own your thread.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 05/17/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burns is counting more than anybody cause it's all he has.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
Burns is counting more than anybody cause it's all he has.

And now the thread is about me.

Who saw that coming?

Me.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

LOL.

I now own your thread.

You also own the only mobile space relay station that NASA uses to send back pictures of the far side of the galaxy to your forehead with that empty chamber behind it to give the least amount of distortion to the high frequency signals sent from outer space.

Everyone on the Campfire now shares the same disappointment your mother did when she first saw you in the incubator at the animal shelter. She only brought you home because she thought she was getting a new Teflon coated frying pan…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You also own the only mobile space relay station that NASA uses to send back pictures of the far side of the galaxy to your forehead with that empty chamber behind it to give the least amount of distortion to the high frequency signals sent from outer space.

Everyone on the Campfire now shares the same disappointment your mother did when she first saw you in the incubator at the animal shelter. She only brought you home because she thought she was getting a new Teflon coated frying pan…

Wow.

I have hats. But I own your thread cause I got bored, which is super funny, Bicht.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
You can miss?

Had the H&R Ultra in 17 Remington out. I did that in remembrance of the old glory days of gophers when you would still show up once in awhile…

.17 Rem is unbeatable.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 921 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.