Condom Sales Representative.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
When the Hydraulic goes out on the steering, you are in for some big bucks.

I ran over horseshoes and shovel heads with my X mark, did not bend the deck, just kept going. The contractor seat on the X mark sure saves your back, neck, if you have arthritis issues, well worth every penny.

If you have 1.5 Acres, I would stick with a Club Cadet, 54" XT1 or XT2 with the 24HP engine.

For a home owner, a lower end X Mark is a fantastic investment, you will probably not live long enough to wear it out, don't forget the contractor seat!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I would agree with those who recommended the Cub Cadet, especially the one with the steering wheel if you have an sloped areas to mow. My brother has about 1 1/2 acres and has some sloped areas and the Cadet with the steering wheel and front wheel steering will stay on the hill without sliding down the slope. As with anything purchase the highest end model in the line that you can afford and you will get the most performance and reliability for your money.

Now my son purchased a new home with 5 acres of fairly flat yard and he and I did a lot of research and he ended up with a Scag Tiger Cat zero turn.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one thing about those 2500 - 3500 range zero turns

they all use the same hydraulics, the ZT2200 trans axles - Bad Boy, Cub Cadet, Ariens, John Deere, Husqvarna

the real difference come in with motor, deck and deck height adjustments

the Husky is the only one in that rage that offers both the Kawasaki motor and the fabricated deck.

Honestly I can't see why you'd want a high dollar mower for 1 - 2 acres. You're going to put about 30 hours a year on it, those high dollar commercial mowers are designed for 1500-2000 hours of abuse but get the right motor and deck combination and with proper care you'll get that much out of it as well with the $3200 mower on a residential yard.

Last edited by KFWA; 05/19/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Get some goats.
Them fuughers will have your grass going batschitt crazy too.

My pard milked some for a few years and now the area in the pasture where he kept them is some of his best looking pasture.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grass Hopper or Scag is where it's at.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again the Snapper 360z. Right at $3k with a fabricated deck and a Kawasaki motor.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hastings: Trust me on this one!
Buy the big John Deere "Accel 54" (54" cutting width!) zero turn model WITH power bagger attachment.
It has enhanced our lawn and it has decreased our mowing time by half!
The power bagger attachment is just amazing.
One of the best purchases the VarmintFamily has ever made.
I have recommended this model to one neighbor and two friends and they love theirs as well.
NEVER going back to a lawn tractor style mower.
Best of luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hastings: Trust me on this one!
Buy the big John Deere "Accel 54" (54" cutting width!) zero turn model WITH power bagger attachment.
It has enhanced our lawn and it has decreased our mowing time by half!
The power bagger attachment is just amazing.
One of the best purchases the VarmintFamily has ever made.
I have recommended this model to one neighbor and two friends and they love theirs as well.
NEVER going back to a lawn tractor style mower.
Best of luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I like green equipment. What is the price range?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith
When the Hydraulic goes out on the steering, you are in for some big bucks.

I ran over horseshoes and shovel heads with my X mark, did not bend the deck, just kept going. The contractor seat on the X mark sure saves your back, neck, if you have arthritis issues, well worth every penny.

If you have 1.5 Acres, I would stick with a Club Cadet, 54" XT1 or XT2 with the 24HP engine.

For a home owner, a lower end X Mark is a fantastic investment, you will probably not live long enough to wear it out, don't forget the contractor seat!
I saw a Cub Cadet ZT1 54P at Tractor Supply today. What's the difference between ZT1 and XT1?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Been running a scag for 18 years. Not many fixes on it , just belts , batteries and blades.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Once again the Snapper 360z. Right at $3k with a fabricated deck and a Kawasaki motor.

This

I've been mowing with one of these for 4 or 5 years and it's been excellent. I have the 23hp Kohler though. They are a lot of mower for 3k

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KFWA

they all use the same hydraulics, the ZT2200 trans axles - Bad Boy, Cub Cadet, Ariens, John Deere, Husqvarna

the Husky is the only one in that rage that offers both the Kawasaki motor and the fabricated deck.

Honestly I can't see why you'd want a high dollar mower for 1 - 2 acres. You're going to put about 30 hours a year on it, those high dollar commercial mowers are designed for 1500-2000 hours of abuse but get the right motor and deck combination and with proper care you'll get that much out of it as well with the $3200 mower on a residential yard.

My Ariens has the Kawasaki and a fabricated deck. I paid $3400 for it last year. I did see where the price is now $3700 this year though.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

My lovely bride now known as Nana wants one and she has the money to buy one so I'm looking for one. You are probably right about the $3200 one being good enough. The big stuff gets done with a bush hog and my trusty 5600 Ford that is over 40 years old.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,369 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,864
Posts18,497,278
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.