Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Treading water here at the open this Friday morning.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2

if you want to get into the market look at MO, nice divi and typically weather bad markets. Doubt people around the world will lessen tobacco use with more stress

Last edited by ribka; 05/20/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ed has balls of steel.

It won't.

He aint ddumb, He's in well run energy companies

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Its tanking pretty fast AGAIN.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
It was that “ Red “ Blanket that has brought this to it’s End..

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We need more sanctions to drive our economy down further during sky rocketing run away inflation

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
if you want to get into the market look at MO, nice divi and typically weather bad markets. Doubt people around the world will lessen tobacco use with more stress
They sell wine also. Alcohol is a great stress relief also. Unless you are sober and have to put up with someone who isn't.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Anyone have a guess when the Fed will reverse course and start lowering interest rates? My guess is when unemployment gets above 6% which I think will happen later this year or early next. The more the market crashes the higher the unemployment rate.
That's what caused the problems we have now. Low interest rates devalue the dollar.

Very true. The FED has a dual mandate: low inflation and low unemployment. Guess which one has higher priority?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yessir. You bet.

It’s been a good one, ribka. I’ve owned some since 1993 and reinvested all dividends (DRIPs) since and still holding it.

Smokes:
It’s estimated that there are 250 million Chinese that smoke at least a pack/day. That’s about 5 billion cigarettes per day. MO is there under another brand.

China’s greatest source of revenue is their tobacco tax.

The above came from Money Magazine years ago,

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Market, umm, not terribly bad for a Friday .

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
What would the ripple effects on the stock market would be if the crypto market completely crashed. Thoughts?

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
They sell wine also. Alcohol is a great stress relief also. Unless you are sober and have to put up with someone who isn't.

Didn’t know that, Hastings.

Maybe I should start reading that Annual Report like I do with every word of XOM and Brk/b.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
As for me , I am out of money anyway. I am not selling anything , mostly because what did go down ( Delta Airlines, General Motors, index funds and bonds are low enough that I figure I should just keep them and even add some if this self employed carpenter would ever get payed. Muni bond ETF's are very low now, even 9% lower than when I bought them in 2016. However, everything I think is a good company is keeping it's price , mostly cause high dividend stocks got no respect the last 10 yrs. Now that is changing. An ETF called HDV ( Ishares high dividend ETF) is up about 4% this year, and it pays 3.5?% dividends. It may go down but sure has done well. My energy , Real Estate and utilities have done very well this year . I am up 3.9% so far this year. I think as for stocks to buy, I buy what seems unusually down , and I buy what I think we will be needing 50 yrs from now. Hanesbrand ( HBI) is way down and no real reason for it. Underwear , socks and t shirts. Unless we are going to go without them , I think this company is a good buy. General Motors is very cheap. The car demand is not getting any less and if they can solve some problems they will sell very well and we need cars real bad. The avr. auto on the road is 13? yrs old. Right now REITS ( Real estate is very fairly valued. We will need buildings for forever . I have bought Realty Income,(O), WP Carey, (WPC) and Agree Realty (ADC). Spirit Realty seems very undervalued . I think Verizon is undervalued by 15%, and AT&T is undervalued , both with 5.2 & 5.6% dividends . Verizon is a better run company, however their debt is even worse than AT&T. There are some real good companies out there but ya really need to be picky.

Last edited by ihookem; 05/20/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thinking of picking up some more Amazon as I feel like it may be near its bottom. The deadline for the 20 to 1 split is May 27th.

After the split I expect it to ratchet up nicely. I may be wrong. I have been before.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
[quote=Featherweight6555]Thinking of picking up some more Amazon as I feel like it may be near its bottom. The deadline for the 20 to 1 split is May 27th.

After the split I expect it to ratchet up nicely. I may be wrong. I have been before.[/

I may jump on some too. I believe it’ll ratchet back up if a fellow ain’t in a hurry.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What do you think of Darling Ingredients?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings

Had no idea alcohol relieves stress but think I’ll try that this evening. Thanks for posting.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
What do you think of Darling Ingredients?

Had never heard of them until you asked. Their homepage is pretty interesting. They’d definitely fall into the ESG mode of investments.

I’m gonna check out and see who their biggest holders are.

Much appreciate the question, dime.

ETA:
They have a long list of institutional investors, many of them are the big boys. Also has a nice 52 week range and. 19 p/e.

Keep this one on radar for a while.

Last edited by Houston_2; 05/20/22.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Buying in the dips I am always late or early.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 44 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.