Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And once again a thread heads south... Just what makes the "Bill Wilson's" of the industry want to participate.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by EdM
And once again a thread heads south... Just what makes the "Bill Wilson's" of the industry want to participate.

I guess this isn’t the time to ask about the muzzleloader’s future? Lol

Last edited by Lawdwaz; 05/22/22.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
And the lefty version is…….??

Unfortunately a LONG ways down the road

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Bill thanks for answering my questions. After you have been producing these rifles for a little while, besides the option of a stainless steel action (even though I prefer a chrome-moly action and stainless barrel) another option may be a hinged floor-plate design. Although this would add a few ounces, the rifles would still be extremely light. But as I said, only as an option to the blind internal magazine. Thank you.

All of our barrels are stainless and we're already looking at a bottom metal (Aluminum) version as we convert paper prints to CAD

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by BWilson
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Dood, I just sent an order in for a Nula about 4 weeks back-wonder what this is going to do to my order?

All current orders have been turned over to WC to fill with the exception of 11 or so guns that Melvin already had in process at the time of the sale.
Mr. Wilson how much are you geusstimating a base line mod 20 in .308 will cost once you get up and running efficently production wise.
Prices on them I have surfed on the web are outrageous right now honestly.

It's just too early to know what our costs will be and also how much raw materials will cost when we get into production, but I'm hoping we can reduce the price some.

As I posted earlier, we will sell via dist/dealer/retail so actual "street" price will certainly be less.

IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by CarolinaHunter
Mr. Wilson, do you foree offering fully customized options like what has been offered by NULA is the past?

Good luck with the new venture!

Yes, after all WC is a custom company, but we have to walk before we can run

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by haverluk
Mr. Wilson,

I know that you and your team will do it right but please keep the option for a custom LOP.

It is an option, but when we build a gun to sell it will have a 13" LOP

I'm not sure there is a industry "standard" on LOP, throughout all brands 12.5, 13, 13.25, 13.5 and 14 are all used.

Personally I like short and lightweight guns (all my ARs have a 12.5" LOP carbon fiber stock or has the adj stock set at 12.5". If you feel 13" is too short, just move your support hand slightly further up the forearm which will bring the butt back into your shoulder.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Some rifle stocks such as on Remingtons get away with a 13.5" LOP by having the pistol grip relatively close to the trigger which results in the trigger finger having a large bend in it, however this design keeps the thumb far enough away from your nose under recoil and also gives a reasonably long distance from the front of the pistol grip to the recoil pad. Other brands eg some European brands have the pistol grip further away from the trigger and your trigger finger is not bent as much...however if these stocks had a 13.5" length of pull, the thumb gets too close to your nose, and the distance from the front of the pistol grip to the recoil pad is shorter... so a longer LOP is better on these designs of stocks. The point I'm making is that the ideal LOP for any particular individual varies according to the design of the stock. Note I am addressing this to those who say they like a certain LOP.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 05/22/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hat's off to Mr. Wilson. Looking forward to their availability and getting hands on one.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Mr. Wilson,

I know that you and your team will do it right but please keep the option for a custom LOP.

I'm not sure there is a industry "standard" on LOP, throughout all brands 12.5, 13, 13.25, 13.5 and 14 are all used.

Personally I like short and lightweight guns (all my ARs have a 12.5" LOP carbon fiber stock or has the adj stock set at 12.5". If you feel 13" is too short, just move your support hand slightly further up the forearm which will bring the butt back into your shoulder.

I understand why a "standard" LOP would be appropriate for a production rifle. I am 6'6" and prefer a 14.5 to 15" LOP for all-around use on a bolt rifle. Anything under 14" is uncomfortably short using that same shooting style you have described above. My current NULA M20 in 308 has a 14.5" LOP and is comfortable but would not want it any shorter. A custom / semi-custom was the main draw for many to Melvin's rifles. The ability to get a LW rifle that fit me was a huge draw for me.

The Colt light rifle, Forbes and Barrett iterations were production rifles. The Barrett was the only successful rifle IMO. I also appreciate the Kimber Montana rifles but it fits my 6 and 8 year old kids better as a "youth" rifles than it does me as a large adult man.

I know that you will make awesome rifles for the masses but I hope that does not alienate the folks that came to Melvin for a custom rifle not just a lightweight rifle.

Semper Fi

IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Mr. Wilson,

I understand why a "standard" LOP would be appropriate for a production rifle. I am 6'6" and prefer a 14.5 to 15" LOP for all-around use on a bolt rifle. Anything under 14" is uncomfortably short using that same shooting style you have described above. My current NULA M20 in 308 has a 14.5" LOP and is comfortable but would not want it any shorter. A custom / semi-custom was the main draw for many to Melvin's rifles. The ability to get a LW rifle that fit me was a huge draw for me.

The Colt light rifle, Forbes and Barrett iterations were production rifles. The Barrett was the only successful rifle IMO. I also appreciate the Kimber Montana rifles but it fits my 6 and 8 year old kids better as a "youth" rifles than it does me as a large adult man.

I know that you will make awesome rifles for the masses but I hope that does not alienate the folks that came to Melvin for a custom rifle not just a lightweight rifle.

As posted before, custom LOP is available, see "Standard Features/Customization" at the Rifle tab on the website under the M20 spec

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Any plans on threaded barrels set up for suppressors?

As I mentioned earlier, a short 300 HAMR threaded would check a lot of boxes

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bill,
Sorry to inundate with questions.
Will one still be able to select contour, or is that a down the road possibility?
Thanks.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Any plans on threaded barrels set up for suppressors?

As I mentioned earlier, a short 300 HAMR threaded would check a lot of boxes

Guys, please check out NEWULTRALIGHTARMS.COM before asking ?s, many of the questions I've answered so far are answered on the web site.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Mr. Wilson,

As posted before, custom LOP is available, see "Standard Features/Customization" at the Rifle tab on the website under the M20 spec

Mr. Wilson, Thank you for the clarification! I misinterpreted your initial response.

Semper Fi

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
ilikeguns got real quiet. Was hoping to get the real scoop from someone in the know.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Copy. I was looking on the WC site.

All the questions asked by me and others are answered on the NEWULTRALIGHTARMS.COM site.

Hit “MENU” and drive the site from there.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Mr. Wilson,

Well that puts me out of the market. I am comfortable with a 14" LOP. I have one rifle with a 13.5" LOP and I feel like I'm going to get scoped.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Copy. I was looking on the WC site.

All the questions asked by me and others are answered on the NEWULTRALIGHTARMS.COM site.

Hit “MENU” and drive the site from there.
I didn’t see a contour option, but I’ll admit I may have overlooked it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
And the lefty version is…….??

Unfortunately a LONG ways down the road

Oh c’mon man,

No lefty’s for a while?

Love my lefty Protector.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.