K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Tell you what, when I was driving a tractor trailer in Arkansas last week, on a hilly, curvy, two lane highway with a 55 mph speed limit, and I came around a curve on that narrow road that should have been and probably once was, a goat path, to find some idiot in spandex on a bike, all I could think was why, in a state full of trails and parks, does this mental defective need to be endangering himself and everyone who comes upon him by using an already dangerous road for his hobby?

We spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars making old railroad beds and other areas into trails for biking and similar hobbies, and then these idiots still see the need to use the roads as a venue for their HOBBY. Meanwhile, a guy making a living, with a full route to do and a federally mandated 14 hours to get it done and get back home, sits doing 5 to 15 mph in a 55 zone so they can do their HOBBY. That is the definition of an entitled aszhole. May every last one of them that operates thus be flattened by a driver who deserves the ensuing drama. Because no decent person should have to suffer for inadvertently wiping out a moron who chose to take his HOBBY places it should not be. I don’t hunt from the road, don’t fish off a bridge, or hike down the interstate. Common sense and all that. Of course, expecting commons sense from a grown man riding around in public looking like that is probably a bit optimistic.

As a former UPS driver who had a very rural route......I absolutely feel this.

Someone who drove for a living doesn't know not to outdrive his line of sight. What is this country coming to?

Never said we hit one. Go back and read. That ain't "out driving your line of sight"

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tell you what, when I was driving a tractor trailer in Arkansas last week, on a hilly, curvy, two lane highway with a 55 mph speed limit, and I came around a curve on that narrow road that should have been and probably once was, a goat path, to find some idiot in spandex on a bike, all I could think was why, in a state full of trails and parks, does this mental defective need to be endangering himself and everyone who comes upon him by using an already dangerous road for his hobby?

We spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars making old railroad beds and other areas into trails for biking and similar hobbies, and then these idiots still see the need to use the roads as a venue for their HOBBY. Meanwhile, a guy making a living, with a full route to do and a federally mandated 14 hours to get it done and get back home, sits doing 5 to 15 mph in a 55 zone so they can do their HOBBY. That is the definition of an entitled aszhole. May every last one of them that operates thus be flattened by a driver who deserves the ensuing drama. Because no decent person should have to suffer for inadvertently wiping out a moron who chose to take his HOBBY places it should not be. I don’t hunt from the road, don’t fish off a bridge, or hike down the interstate. Common sense and all that. Of course, expecting commons sense from a grown man riding around in public looking like that is probably a bit optimistic.

Someone who drove for a living doesn't know not to outdrive his line of sight. What is this country coming to?

Never said we hit one. Go back and read. That ain't "out driving your line of sight"

Then what are you bitching about?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

You really are quite rude Paul.

Do NOT place supposition on another man.

YOUR relentless obsession that we must yield... has grown my disdain for bicyclists... that is beginning to match the concept I hold for Antifa and BLM.

With each new utterance... I move 1" closer to the white line.

Congratulations!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the Internet is the safe-est place to throw trash and hate folks… so it makes sense to post the video and drive more contempt and hatered..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Then what are you bitching about?

Really.

You actually have No Clue do you.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There 80 sharp curves on the road to my house.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

Most of them are limited sight to totally blind.
The speed limit is 45 mph, most drive 55+ mph.

Car and Driver Magazine test drives cars on this road.

Florida may be short on good driving roads, but we found one in Shelby's supercharged 610-hp pony car.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g28746694/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-s-by-the-numbers-gallery/

It'd take about 2 hours to make this 15 minute drive if one were to creep around every corner and peek to see if a Bicycle was blocking the roadway.

Bicycle riders die every year on this road..

Yet we offer miles and miles of bicycle trails throughout the county.
https://www.citrushills.com/blog/great-guide-and-map-to-citrus-county-cycling

Why are they so slow to learn?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JeffA

Florida may be short on good driving roads, but we found one in Shelby's supercharged 610-hp pony car.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g28746694/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-s-by-the-numbers-gallery/

It'd take about 2 hours to make this 15 minute drive if one were to creep around every corner and peek to see if a Bicycle was blocking the roadway.

Maybe you should invite Paul down for a visit. Make sure he brings his bike and his helmet, can’t forget the helmet.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Goes to bed reading page 1 of the bicycle trash throwing thread.

*yawns* wakes up to page 18 of the bicycle trash throwing thread.

Man I must have slept for 6 months!!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by steve4102
Really.

You actually have No Clue do you.

Yeah, that's the problem; he doesn't see an issue having traffic slowed down and a dozen cars behind him. Everyone else is the problem, hence the thread.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Goes to bed reading page 1 of the bicycle trash throwing thread.

*yawns* wakes up to page 18 of the bicycle trash throwing thread.

Man I must have slept for 6 months!!

You be like Rumpelstiltskin..
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Biking trails need to have a bag of dicks caches along the route. They’ll gravitate towards them, like a mouth towards light.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by JeffA

Maybe you should invite Paul down for a visit. Make sure he brings his bike and his helmet, can’t forget the helmet.

Paul's done a drive by the last two years in a row on his way to Weeki Wachee kayaking with his family.

My environment is not family oriented.

We party long into the night,

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/nmagFj3Mc_Q?feature=share

Obscenities might be tossed about around our campfires and overall we're just not very politically correct types.

I don't think we'd work out to be his cup of Cajun Tea.

Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
Hit the train horn once and the path is usually clear.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bicyclists always like to argue and play their games until they are reminded of simple math. Bicycles<≠motor vehicles. When one gets drilled they all stay off the roads until they forget the equation and go out and find out again.

I don't care if I liked riding a bicycle so much that I rode around with a woody the whole time, It is not worth my life to ride on busy highways much less get an attitude about it.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
If ya move ta TN, Nut up and drive your truck everywhere. Bike might be cool in the HOA territory however.

Right outside of the subdivision is Amish territory. I have already planned on drenching them with my water bottle when they hold me up with their stupid little horse and buggies.

I rode my bicycle with some Amish buggies when I rode to NY State, even drafted one cow a few miles; a steady 15mph into a headwind. Tell ya what, those Amish horses got all kinds of torque, they didn’t hardly miss a lick on a climb, I sure did.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I my dad caught me not getting of the road when a car was coming, I wouldn’t be able to sit down for a week!!

Just get the hell of the road!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
If ya move ta TN, Nut up and drive your truck everywhere. Bike might be cool in the HOA territory however.

Right outside of the subdivision is Amish territory. I have already planned on drenching them with my water bottle when they hold me up with their stupid little horse and buggies.

Paul will be the President of that HOA long before he ever builds a house there.

Becoming President was probably the main drive to buy the lot.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I stopped riding bicycles the day a got my driving license . crazy people .bikes are for kids

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Bikes on the road....meh

Intentionally throwing trash out.....a whole nuther matter mad

FJB & FJT
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by ldholton
Around here tax dollars donations grants pay for lots of bicycle trails and such. Haul your f****** bicycle to one of them trails and stay the [bleep] f*** off the road scrawny ass f****** [bleep] losers

ldh gonna need a volunteer to do a welfare check on him in the morning.

Preferably don’t ride a bike to his house either.

🦫
I'm good there's just a certain types of people....
Thanks for asking

Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 3,286 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.