Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Paulie B - if you encounter a herd of phaggots rollerblading 3 wide in a no passing zone with steady on coming traffic how long would you say they get before they are asswholes?

Great question. I'd first assess why they might be three wide. There may be a reason for it. Then I'd do what I always do when pedestrians, cyclists, roller bladers doing that Apollo Onho back and forth thing, people with dogs on leashes etc. are spread across the path. I'd slow as I approached them, announce my presence, tell them that I am easing around their left, pass with minimal speed disparity and exchange pleasantries with them as I passed.

I don't think that brush passing them at a comparatively high rate of speed and throwing schidt at them is the right thing to do.

Cool, you mention a path and I assume you're Lance Armstrong LARPing. That doesn't address my question.

Now you're in your truck on a county road, somewhere in town, whatever - dealers choice. Oncoming traffic spaced in intervals that make passing unsafe for YOU. How long are you good with going 7mph while these 3 play grab ass in the road on skates?

Last edited by hillestadj; 05/23/22.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RUM7

I think about them the same way I think about motorists complaining about cyclists. Just go around, it ain't that damn hard.

Why doesn't this dild.o just relax and get around these spandex clad gentlefags safetly?!?!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

- Wabi-
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

- Wabi-
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Mic drop

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by 257Bob
It's happened to me a few times, the last I caught up to the guys at a traffic light but they refused to get out the truck so we could sort things out, the light changed and they drove off. I've basically quit riding on the road as it's becoming more and more dangerous, sticking mostly to gravel roads and trails. My town has a large bike community and they seem to think that they own the road and show very little consideration for vehicles and the often inability to safely pass large groups of cyclist. I've bought at least five bikes from local shops and spent thousands of dollars in the process so I'm not anti-bike, I'm just don't have much patience for self-righteous folks who show very little regard for others.
I've told this story here before, a guy down in Taylor MI was driving his pickup, made a turn at a light that supposedly cut off a biker. The biker gets off of his bike, walks up to the driver's side window and punches the driver in the face twice through the open window. The driver (a former marine) fires two rounds from his .45 striking the biker in the chest. Biker left two young kids fatherless, surprisingly the democrap Wayne County prosecutor didn't charge the truck driver.
This is exactly what would happen if somebody kept making a habit of just trying to be the tough guy and walk up to a trust they didn't like something that happened.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Paulie B - if you encounter a herd of phaggots rollerblading 3 wide in a no passing zone with steady on coming traffic how long would you say they get before they are asswholes?

Great question. I'd first assess why they might be three wide. There may be a reason for it. Then I'd do what I always do when pedestrians, cyclists, roller bladers doing that Apollo Onho back and forth thing, people with dogs on leashes etc. are spread across the path. I'd slow as I approached them, announce my presence, tell them that I am easing around their left, pass with minimal speed disparity and exchange pleasantries with them as I passed.

I don't think that brush passing them at a comparatively high rate of speed and throwing schidt at them is the right thing to do.

Cool, you mention a path and I assume you're Lance Armstrong LARPing. That doesn't address my question.

Now you're in your truck on a county road, somewhere in town, whatever - dealers choice. Oncoming traffic spaced in intervals that make passing unsafe for YOU. How long are you good with going 7mph while these 3 play grab ass in the road on skates?

I don't have a firm answer for you. I am a big Golden Rule kind of guy. I'd expect them to do what I do and work me around them as soon as they reasonably can. If they insisted on being discourteous, I am a Golden Rule kind of guy! It's worth mentioning that what you are describing is far removed from the OP video.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

I think about them the same way I think about motorists complaining about cyclists. Just go around, it ain't that damn hard.

Why doesn't this dild.o just relax and get around these spandex clad gentlefags safetly?!?!
Yeah you get behind something like that you're moving industrial equipment large excavators dozers and such heavy large wide. Or better yet in a farm tractor with duals and a wide implement behind you just can't simply pass them. Too bad they don't have restrictions of no bicycles on roads with a speed limit of higher than 25 or 30 mph. Better yet not on the road at all go to one of them bicycle trails get the f*** off the road

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I do exactly what motorists do at stop signs and intersections. I'll break the speed limit when I can do so without endangering anyone, just like motorists do. I don't ride on minimum speed limit roads.

Are you going to lie and tell me that you don't break the law damn near every time you drive or are you going to be honest and admit that you do?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I do exactly what motorists do at stop signs and intersections. I'll break the speed limit when I can do so without endangering anyone, just like motorists do. I don't ride on minimum speed limit roads.

Are you going to lie and tell me that you don't break the law damn near every time you drive or are you going to be honest and admit that you do?
Scheit, I break the law all the time. I just don't piss off and endanger all the other motorists when I do it.

- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I don't ride in groups like that in places where it would be hard for someone to pass.

With that said, the driver was stuck behind them going half the speed limit for two and a half minutes. That must have been traumatizing. I am sure this sort of thing happens to our members on a regular basis.

Today some texting or otherwise oblivious dimwit will get off the line too slow at a traffic light and get me caught by another light cycle. I'll be stopped there not moving at all for two minutes. Of course, that never happens to any of you.

lol

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
What I always love is cycist riding thru the ranch on the county road opening day of deer season. And they have to continue thru other ranches to get to their destination.

Now, they are safe riding thru our place. Ain’t nobody gonna shoot em by accident or on purpose on our ranch. Just look at em and shake my head. Because I know who is out on our ranch and their hunting ethics and safety level is high. They know where the public roads are and where neighbors live. YOU DONT SHOOT THAT DIRECTION!!!

But, I haven’t a clue what kind of moron might be hunting some of the other places around the area anymore. As a cyclist I would be a bit concerned for my safety plowing down such a road just because I could! Like no phuqing sense at all!!!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 05/23/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
What I always love is cycist riding thru the ranch on the county road opening day of deer season. And they have to continue thru other ranches to get to their destination.

Now, they are safe riding thru our place. Ain’t nobody gonna shoot em by accident or on purpose on our ranch. Just look at em and shake my head. Because I know who is out on our ranch and their hunting ethics and safety level is high. They know where the public roads are and where neighbors live. YOU DONT SHOOT THAT DIRECTION!!!

But, I haven’t a clue what kind of moron might be hunting some of the other places around the area anymore. As a cyclist I would be a bit concerned for my safety plowing down such a road just because I could! Like no phuqing sense at all!!!

I'll have to remember not to wear my deer head helmet when I ride down the public roads near a drunk ranchers house.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't ride in groups like that in places where it would be hard for someone to pass.

With that said, the driver was stuck behind them going half the speed limit for two and a half minutes. That must have been traumatizing. I am sure this sort of thing happens to our members on a regular basis.

Today some texting or otherwise oblivious dimwit will get off the line too slow at a traffic light and get me caught by another light cycle. I'll be stopped there not moving at all for two minutes. Of course, that never happens to any of you.

lol

But you defend the actions of groups like this. Can't get yourself to say," Yeah. Those guys are dicks."

The vid cut off after 2.5 minutes, didn't show how long he was stuck behind him. Also don't know if anyone was behind the auto and for how long.

Try following something like that while they climb a thousand foot hill at 4 mph. I have to regularly in the summer. "Oh, how inconvenienced were you...". Jesus.

Those guys are selfish inconsiderate [bleep]. Admit it.

Also seem to have a good grip on whataboutism, though.

What a piece of work...

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bike Nazis!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Your safe Paulie, least on our place. Only folks getting shot on our spread are them what need shootin’! 🤣

LOL. Reminds me of old rancher I knew years ago out on the Pecos! (Ed too many letters! If you’re reading this, Kat knew him too. Least she knew his kids). We were always on the ranch next door to him. He told us outright “Do NOT cross the fence on come on his property! End of story! If a wounded deer jumps the fence, just go shoot another one! And if you see a bear, anywhere. Shoot it! Drag it off in the cedars and keep your mouth shut!" LOL! I can see his still setting in the chair in his living room telling us that! Old feller was tough as nails.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 05/23/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Really.

You actually have No Clue do you.

I should feel honored that aggrievedSteve90210 took a break from his sky is falling agenda to join me here. Will spandex spell the end of the world?
Still attacking the messenger and ignoring the message I see.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 3,237 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,112
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.