Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 53 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 52 53
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So I’m sure that this ends up in the rhetorical category. I know a handful or two of people that I would probably have a hard time not smirking if I heard of their demise.

Several of those have tempted my active participation. But you don’t. Even if they really, truly deserve it.

And there are groups of people that it seems the world would be better off if they weren’t here anymore. “Groups” doesn’t mean race or anything specifically.

Some of the high school shooters are bullied relentlessly or have some grievance, which doesn’t justify what they do, but maybe brings some clarity to the motive.

But what on earth would possess anyone to walk into a school and kill a bunch of little kids?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
For those that want to outlaw guns, ask them how in the hell we can keep guns from coming across the southern border if someone wants to smuggle them in.

Well, if drugs are any barometer...

Seems like we have had about 25 million people sized things end up in the country without permission too.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Prewar70
You guys are so sad. Don’t you think we can do better? At least try.

Do better with what?

Be specific.
I figure that is some liberal sleeper account. Every time something happens a bunch of low post count with old sign up dates start posting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How will the left politicize this beyond just a call for a gun grab?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Kamala is doing it right now.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Yep....
Kameltoe hinting about gun control with innuendo.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I dont post often but Ive been here longer than you have. Same with AR. No screamin liberal. Imagine if you can for a second, it's one of your kids. I think how do we keep guns out of the hands of people that would commit these crimes. And keep guns in the hands or responsible, law abiding, not crazy Americans

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I dont post often but Ive been here longer than you have. Same with AR. No screamin liberal. Imagine if you can for a second, it's one of your kids. I think how do we keep guns out of the hands of people that would commit these crimes. And keep guns in the hands or responsible, law abiding, not crazy Americans

Was this a problem when your parents raised you?

If not, think about what has changed.

Ymmv

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Let me guess, common sense gun control?

LOL
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm asking you guys. What changes could be made. None? Its a perfect system?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well there goes their “White Supremest” Narrative.

If this shooter turns out to be a Wetback, Joe Biden owns this. 😡😡😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/24/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The first two thing that get cut any any budget anywhere is education first and mental health second. Until this changes schiit like this is going to continue to happen. No amount of what ifs and maybes is going to fix this.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That's about as fuggin' stupid a call for gun control as I've ever heard.

1) There are 200,000 guns in Uvalde County that weren't used in a school shooting today, or any day.

2) An evil human being committed this crime. He wasn't worried about laws or doing anything illegal. Last I checked, it is illegal to commit murder. It's illegal to shoot your grandmother, and anyone else.

3) Gun laws are only obeyed by the law abiding. That is it. People who do this don't follow the law. No law at all would have stopped this, if he was committed to do so.

You ought to pull your head out of your ass. You may find the breathe of fresh air nice for a change.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Is Brandon gonna show up in Texas to mourn in public for these kids, or is that special visit only for black folk?

🦫

Wouldn't count on it.

Terrible tragedy. Taking a wild guess here, the shooter looks like an incel.

Glad they killed him.

Pol is saying he's a Mexican tranny. If true that answers the whole mental health question.

No idea if the pictures they are going off of are actually the shooter, but they've usually been pretty good at the whole ID thing.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
So this is acceptable? Just comes with the territory. Part of the cost of gun ownership and the privilege of being American?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
So this is acceptable? Just comes with the territory. Part of the cost of gun ownership and the privilege of being American?

Yes, it is acceptable.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

We know evil is out there. Evil targets the innocent and easy prey.

Harden the schools. Arm responsible people to stop this before it starts.

It works in church. It can work in schools.

Watch the video.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/texas-church-shooting-leaves-2-dead/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Changes? Well they could do what most would call Great research or good police work but liberals call it profiling. Limit weapons to demographic versions that cause the most problems. But how would that go over?

Better ideas and probably start with good responsible parenting and teaching kids correctly. You know there's arguments for the violent video game shouldn't be out there but lots of people playing and don't ever have an issue the ones that do that might blame the game or probably got mental issue anyway. There's no one great answer

Last edited by ldholton; 05/24/22.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

It's not a matter of being acceptable. I'm sure none of us would have approved of this psycho's plan had he asked us to approve it beforehand.

If you're asking whether it's part of the tradeoff of living in a country where the government doesn't (yet) control everything that a person does, I would say yes. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

In some countries, the government does the mass killings in large part because the people aren't armed. Is that acceptable? Is that a privilege of being Chinese or Iranian or Korean?

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

No, the system isn't perfect but all the gun control in the world (including door-to-door confiscation) will not stop crazies from getting and using a gun.

Tarquin
Page 6 of 53 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 52 53

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 70 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.