Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 53 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 52 53
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by kwg020
This is something I wanted to post here before I forget it. I posted this on ARFCOM:
Social pressure and religion kept a lot of people in check. Since Roe v Wade the self imposed restrictions on taking away innocent life has melted away. For those who do not believe in heaven or hell there is no fear of the "next life". Throw in absentee fathers or addicted mothers, untreated mental health issues and violent video games you have what you see now. It was just a matter of time. I think all of this was intentional by the political left "because guns are evil and they must all go away".

I see something that could be voluntary and that would be gun makers self impose restrictions on kids under 21 by refusing to sell semi auto's to anyone under 21.

Just to throw one other variable into the mix. In 1982 we had a local paper boy kidnapped in the Des Moines metro. He was never seen again. 2 years to the month there was a 2nd paper boy kidnapped and he was never seen again. After the first kidnapping the morning paper boys were almost non existent. It took several months but eventually the paper boys returned. After the 2nd kidnapping the morning paper boys completely disappeared. Mostly retired adults took the job over.

The same issue with kids walking to school. After the first paper boy disappeared not many kids walked to school. Thier parents took them to school. After the 2nd paper boy disappeared, no kids walked to school. The parents insisted that their children be dropped off at the front door of the school house. That continues today. Very few kids walk to school almost 40 years later.

The risk of losing a child to a kidnapper was just too unbearable to stand and parents made sure the kids got into the school building and they would block traffic just to make sure their child got inside. Now we have the armed intruders. The parents are going to insist that something be done. Gun control is probably going to be one of them. Now would be the time for voluntary steps by gun companies to make sure the new owner is not an 18 year old and still has a connection to the local school district. I realize that would not have stopped the Buffalo shooter but this would be voluntary by the gun makers.

kwg

The first time any manufacturer attempts to go beyond gov't mandated restrictions in an attempt to prevent 18 year old adults exercising their 2'nd Amendment rights will be the day I sign onto a boycott.of that company and dump any of their products I presently own.

As an adult over 18 that is your right. They are your dollars and you can spend them any way you like. Keep in mind the I think Congress is going to take it out of our hands. It would be nice if they raised the voting age at the same time.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 05/25/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
KWG020 - " ... I see something that could be voluntary and that would be gun makers self impose restrictions on kids under 21 by refusing to sell semi auto's to anyone under 21. ..."

How would that work?? The firearms manufacturers do not sell retail. They are in the wholesale business, usually dealing through middle men who then sell to gun stores. The manufacturers would have no way of forcing the retailers to deny selling semi-auto guns to 18 years old young men and women.

Unless, of course, the manufacturers told all gun shops in America they would have to verify the ages of all buyers of semi-auto firearms and then send those verifications to the manufacturers' home offices' for their approval of the sales, before a semi-auto firearm could be delivered to the purchaser. (That would also have to apply to people who have tables at gun shows.)

Think that might work to prevent some deranged kid from committing mass murder??

Just asking. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
This is something I wanted to post here before I forget it. I posted this on ARFCOM:
Social pressure and religion kept a lot of people in check. Since Roe v Wade the self imposed restrictions on taking away innocent life has melted away. For those who do not believe in heaven or hell there is no fear of the "next life". Throw in absentee fathers or addicted mothers, untreated mental health issues and violent video games you have what you see now. It was just a matter of time. I think all of this was intentional by the political left "because guns are evil and they must all go away".

I see something that could be voluntary and that would be gun makers self impose restrictions on kids under 21 by refusing to sell semi auto's to anyone under 21.

Just to throw one other variable into the mix. In 1982 we had a local paper boy kidnapped in the Des Moines metro. He was never seen again. 2 years to the month there was a 2nd paper boy kidnapped and he was never seen again. After the first kidnapping the morning paper boys were almost non existent. It took several months but eventually the paper boys returned. After the 2nd kidnapping the morning paper boys completely disappeared. Mostly retired adults took the job over.

The same issue with kids walking to school. After the first paper boy disappeared not many kids walked to school. Thier parents took them to school. After the 2nd paper boy disappeared, no kids walked to school. The parents insisted that their children be dropped off at the front door of the school house. That continues today. Very few kids walk to school almost 40 years later.

The risk of losing a child to a kidnapper was just too unbearable to stand and parents made sure the kids got into the school building and they would block traffic just to make sure their child got inside. Now we have the armed intruders. The parents are going to insist that something be done. Gun control is probably going to be one of them. Now would be the time for voluntary steps by gun companies to make sure the new owner is not an 18 year old and still has a connection to the local school district. I realize that would not have stopped the Buffalo shooter but this would be voluntary by the gun makers.

kwg

The first time any manufacturer attempts to go beyond gov't mandated restrictions in an attempt to prevent 18 year old adults exercising their 2'nd Amendment rights will be the day I sign onto a boycott.of that company and dump any of their products I presently own.

As an adult over 18 that is your right. They are your dollars and you can spend them any way you like. Keep in mind the I think Congress is going to take it out of our hands. It would be nice if they raised the voting age at the same time.

kwg
Raise age allowed in military at the same time??

Cans send an 18 year old off to die but they cannot vote?

Kind of what pusses me off about handgun possession age. Have to be 21 but can die in a foreign country at 18.

A lot of muddy waters.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 05/25/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The worse part of this shooting is right now some deranged person is thinking 19 and 2? I can do better than that. Think of the attention I will get.
Lack of religion? Lack of parental supervision? Lacking the ability to socialize with friends because they are so wrapped up with their IPhones, computer, etc?

Something in our country is seriously wrong.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Kid proly coulda got a hot Glock off neighborhood thug by trading his game system.

Or being a poof, traded some of his azz to some old queen for enough cash.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If somebody wants to kill, there really is no stopping them outside of shooting them first.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I’m guessing his poor grandmother gave him everything he wanted. Probably bent over backwards for him.

Happens a bunch.

And he shot her in the face for it.

Yep. What a sorry little POS.

Last I read, the GrandMother was still alive.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
In Waukesha the black guy wanted to kill whites but his choice of weapon was a vehicle. In a free society of 300+ million people there are going to be a significant number of people who are criminally insane. The best way to stop them is to be alert, prepared and accurate with your fire.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't read all 26 pages. Did it ever come out if he was a citizen or an illegal?

Romans 5:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I haven't read all 26 pages. Did it ever come out if he was a citizen or an illegal?

Gov Abbott said the shooter was a US Citizen.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Again, it ain't the gun. A deranged psycopath could kill as many or more simply by driving a car or pickup through the playvround at recess in any one of several million elementary schools in the nation.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Haven’t yet heard what firearm he used.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Wasnt Reagan going to audit the Fed until he got the little lead message? whistle
He was gung ho for a return to the gold standard, but, like you say, very early in his first term he was shot and nearly killed. He got the message.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was this kid spoiled? Newer truck and cash to buy two AR's? High School Dropout? Where did he get the money? One fugged up little punk.

God Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Was this kid spoiled? Newer truck and cash to buy two AR's? High School Dropout? Where did he get the money? One fugged up little punk.

His family (mother) was poor, it's one of the reasons he was bullied at school.
He had a job and made his own money.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ol-gunman-brawled-repeatedly-school.html

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
In Waukesha the black guy wanted to kill whites but his choice of weapon was a vehicle. In a free society of 300+ million people there are going to be a significant number of people who are criminally insane. The best way to stop them is to be alert, prepared and accurate with your fire.
Ain’t that the truth. Only problem is we as Americans need drama.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by akasparky

Ain’t buying the “bullied because he was poor” angle, at least half the kids in that town are poor. From news reports his grandparents own their own house and the shooter’s druggie mother’s house.

I got my doubts about “bullied for cross-dressing”, nowadays among the smartphone youth that could earn the guy hero status.

Whatever everything else was, the guy was just nuts.

News reports again the guy had worked fast food full time since February, prob’ly enough to buy his weapons. Grandfather said the 18yo didn’t have a driver’s license, not unusual around here if you didn’t have a vehicle as a teenager.

Shooter reportedly drove the grandmother’s truck to the scene.

One story going around here is that the exemplary Uvalde high school seniors visit the elementary schools this time of year as an example to the kids, this being why the shooter chose this particular time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

“Assault Rifle”

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Daniel Defense DDV7 (iirc)

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by akasparky

Ain’t buying the “bullied because he was poor” angle, at least half the kids in that town are poor. From news reports his grandparents own their own house and the shooter’s druggie mother’s house.

News reports again the shooter had worked fast food full time since February, prob’ly enough to buy his weapons. Grandfather said the 18yo shooter didn’t have a driver’s license, not unusual around here if you didn’t have a vehicle as a teenager.

Shooter reportedly drove the grandmother’s truck to the scene.

One story going around here is that the exemplary Uvalde high school seniors visit the elementary schools this time of year as an example to the kids, this being why the shooter chose this particular time.

but he was engaged outside of the building by an SRO, who was shot. the kid dropped his duffel bag containing extra magazines. one way to mitigate these things is access control to the building

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 26 of 53 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 52 53

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,674
Posts18,493,813
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.