Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OGB
In the eighty deuce we had the "Drago Missle Jump Pack" which was dubbed the "Womack Jump Pack" (Womack being the post hospital)

With that post, you uniform burning POS mother fuqkeur .... you "almost" convinced me that you served in or around the whereabouts of Ardiennes at one time.

I know for a fact my original assessment applies. You were a bone smoking 20 year E7 five jump commando living large on the "don’t ask don’t tell" final days of the Obama administration.

Won't save you from the ass whooping that your c0q$ucing ass deserves .... you mother [bleep]. Burn your uniform ... invite me to witness it ... I dare You.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by OGB
Military
Operations (in)
Urban
Terrain

Thanks.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They should have just gone back to a twenty inch barrel on the 5.56 and upped the pressure a bit. It never was a good idea to take a cartridge so dependent on velocity as the 5.56 and start turning out rifles with 16 and 14 inc barrels.

Sure, the new round gets high velocity out of a short barrel, but then you add six inches of suppressor and you are right back where you started.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OGB
Not sure, left the 82nd in 2000' and there's 5 active SFGs he could have gone to.

So you ETS'd under Dan McNeill or Vines? Who were their CSMs? One of them was/is my best friend ... he was in my wedding. I talk with him at least once a week. He lives in South Florida now.

You're not going to be able to look it up. Who were their CSMs?

Also ... if you were at Bragg in 2000 with group, it was 3rd, not 5th. 5th was already at Campbell with the legs on a rope. 3rd Herd 3rd BN ... who was the CSM? He was my roommate in the late 70s when we were both Bucks. I still talk to him every single week without fail. Who was Charlie Company's CSM? He has the finest uniform collection in the country ... he tours with it everywhere you uniform burning POS.

Name any of those very well known CSMs and you'll be able to name me. I've given you plenty of hints.

Otherwise you'll be mumbling my name while I am stomping a mudhole in your ass you cherry uniform burning POS.

In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JoeBob
They should have just gone back to a twenty inch barrel on the 5.56 and upped the pressure a bit. It never was a good idea to take a cartridge so dependent on velocity as the 5.56 and start turning out rifles with 16 and 14 inc barrels.

Sure, the new round gets high velocity out of a short barrel, but then you add six inches of suppressor and you are right back where you started.

Not really.

Bigger pill traveling faster and all ... plus reduced recoil thanks to the platform and can. Plus quick change nitride barrels, sub MOA at 500 meters, integrated Vortex sight acquisition system, interchangeable belt fed squad automatic weapon that increased grazing fire out past 2000 meters ... plus, yeah, penetrates all known body armor and ceramic plates out to 600 meters. That's a serious mind-fuque-to opposing troops at that range who thought they were bullet proof until now. Skinny poop is they have an AP round that penetrates steel plates at 500 meters ... which is a total game changer.

Two completely different cartridges and platforms JoeBob.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SCRooster

Not really.

Bigger pill traveling faster and all ... plus reduced recoil thanks to the platform and can. Plus quick change nitride barrels, sub MOA at 500 meters, integrated Vortex sight acquisition system, interchangeable belt fed squad automatic weapon that increased grazing fire out past 2000 meters ... plus, yeah, penetrates all known body armor and ceramic plates out to 600 meters. That's a serious mind-fuque-to opposing troops at that range who thought they were bullet proof until now. Skinny poop is they have an AP round that penetrates steel plates at 500 meters ... which is a total game changer.

Two completely different cartridges and platforms JoeBob.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just a bit skeptical. I suspect that like always we’re trying to fight and equip ourselves for the last war instead of the next. I guess we’ll see.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I always enjoyed the brief respite when allowed to carry 5.56. My body aches a tad these days from humping and jumping "the pig"! I am just one enlistment scum, my hats off to those of you who humped that weight longer!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Wait, what, I thought the M-16 and the 5.56 (what ever version) was the end all be all. A gift from Thor.

Lighter they said, carry more ammo they said, easier to control they said, more accurate in full auto they said, simplified logistics they said…

600 yards is a long ways in urban/house to house room to room environments.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeDog
A little over 11 pounds with full mag and suppressor.
Say they wanted to lighten this up a bit. Where would they eliminate weight from? It only has a 12" barrel, can't really lighten that up significantly. Maybe eliminate the t-handle? laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I have always thought that was a big mistake. The AR-15 was built for the SCHV project. I guess they didn't bother to ask what that was later.

Last edited by plumbum; 05/26/22.
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by JakeDog
A little over 11 pounds with full mag and suppressor.
Say they wanted to lighten this up a bit. Where would they eliminate weight from? It only has a 12" barrel, can't really lighten that up significantly. Maybe eliminate the t-handle? laugh

Rifle is 8.3 pounds, loaded mag is 1.4 pounds. That's not optics, no suppressor. So bare bones weight is still pushing 10 pounds.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm still wondering why yhe obsession with the 6.8 or 277 when the 6.5s and 7mms are so close. Maybe proportional bullet weights in what they've developed have similar BCs but given what we've got to choose from I'll take a 6.5 or 7mm long before I'd consider a 6.8.

Might be a good move to consolidate the 5.56 and 7.62 into 1 round.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M855 A1 works great out of 14.5 inches.

Wide spread adoption of optics has greatly reduced complaints about 5.56 effectiveness.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
How far?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Also ... if you were at Bragg in 2000 with group, it was 3rd, not 5th. 5th was already at Campbell with the legs on a rope.

LMAO, you dirt darts and your terms of endearment.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Haha, dirt dart, haven't heard that term in a while!

BTW, I ets'd from the 82nd in 2000 not group.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think the military made the right call on the Sig fury and rifle combo, but IIRC, commercially available 6.8 x 51 ammo will not have the stainless-steel base and thus will not be producing 80,000 PSI. It therefore will have much lower performance numbers. There is potentially an issue with standard, modern bolt guns handling the pressure of the new round. Why in hell they went with 6.8 instead of 6.5 is a head scratcher.

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid is as stupid does. -Gump-

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by rickt300
Body armor at 600 meters? Seems like a made up requirement to force the weapon system upon us. Which in reality is like stepping back to the M14 in a shorter louder platform (without the suppressor). I would like to witness some full auto fire to see how controllable the new weapon is. Personally I think this is a fool thing to do, going to a high pressure non NATO round, dumping the intermediate rounds benefits for what exactly? 600 meter body armor penetration?

Full auto in the first few seconds here

(waits for someone to talk crap about GT without knowing his background)

That looks pretty easy to control and hits up close shouldn't be an issue. That ain't your dads M14 for sure.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Body armor at 600 meters? Seems like a made up requirement to force the weapon system upon us. Which in reality is like stepping back to the M14 in a shorter louder platform (without the suppressor). I would like to witness some full auto fire to see how controllable the new weapon is. Personally I think this is a fool thing to do, going to a high pressure non NATO round, dumping the intermediate rounds benefits for what exactly? 600 meter body armor penetration?

Full auto in the first few seconds here

(waits for someone to talk crap about GT without knowing his background)

That looks pretty easy to control and hits up close shouldn't be an issue. That ain't your dads M14 for sure.

Had he served - my dad would have been M16.... lol

Me

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.