Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll go with history. Time and time again the Democrats would rather score punitive points on Republicans than actually control guns (whatever that means). The same old crap will fail to pass into law, and the Democrats will be able to point fingers and raise money. The histrionics on this thread and in the world all work in the Democrats favor and they will milk it for as long as they can. In the end, like usual, nothing will change.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Most everyone that wanted a gun bought one during the Scamdemic and when Hiden Biden stole the White House

Local gun stores here and in surrounding areas of N TX are full of new AR-15’s, TactiCool Shotguns, Hi-Cap 9mm’s and every Concealed Carry type of Handgun imaginable.

It was the biggest buying frenzy in US History, surpassing Slick Willie’s Assault Ban and the Halfican’s Occupation of the WH.

Sure, every time Pedo Joe mentions Gun Control, or the Waffen ATF makes a new Bullschitt Illegal “Ruling”, more than a few folks run out and buy something new.

And of course, anytime there’s a Mass Shooting or School Shooting, sales pick up for a while.

Mostly what we are seeing now is stupid prices on GunBroker of folks bidding like crazy on Hunting Rifles, Marlin Lever Guns, and Collectable S&W’s and Colts
Unless Hiden Biden Declares Martial Law, and sends the Waffen ATF and FBI to collect our guns, it’ll eventually taper off like it always does.
er

Don't forget the eight years when Obama was in office.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
He didnt forget.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Most everyone that wanted a gun bought one during the Scamdemic and when Hiden Biden stole the White House

Local gun stores here and in surrounding areas of N TX are full of new AR-15’s, TactiCool Shotguns, Hi-Cap 9mm’s and every Concealed Carry type of Handgun imaginable.

It was the biggest buying frenzy in US History, surpassing Slick Willie’s Assault Ban and the Halfican’s Occupation of the WH.

Sure, every time Pedo Joe mentions Gun Control, or the Waffen ATF makes a new Bullschitt Illegal “Ruling”, more than a few folks run out and buy something new.

And of course, anytime there’s a Mass Shooting or School Shooting, sales pick up for a while.

Mostly what we are seeing now is stupid prices on GunBroker of folks bidding like crazy on Hunting Rifles, Marlin Lever Guns, and Collectable S&W’s and Colts
Unless Hiden Biden Declares Martial Law, and sends the Waffen ATF and FBI to collect our guns, it’ll eventually taper off like it always does.
er

Don't forget the eight years when Obama was in office.

I covered that. See bold print above. ^^^

I was in the Wholesale Firearms Industry during both of those POS’s “Administrations”.

You wouldn’t believe the numbers of guns I sold and train car loads of ammo.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/26/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I see now. smile

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Borchardt
You need to be ready for them to cancel your mortgage, bank account, healthcare insurance, car insurance, even your job and public school for your kids. No door kickers or even new laws will be needed, just a few oligarchs and you are screwed. Proving you have an AR will be as simple as looking at credit card records and internet accessory purchases.

THIS ...

I'm not gonna give up everything I've worked for over a dam gun, ain't gonna lose my driving license, insorence, health care. Freeze bank account, debit cord, turn off my power and cable god only knows what they'll do if we don't give up the guns.

I stand with law enforcement and I'm a lifelong republican USA USA USA

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
With what they plan to do to us, they know they need to first take our guns.

Thats right , its part of their agenda , they have to take the guns .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good, it might be the spark we finally need to set off this powder keg. This party should’ve been started a long time ago.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/26/22.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Hope you gentlemen have bought all the ammo you needed. It’s fixing to disappear worse then before!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Get vaccinated!!!!
That is sooooo 2021. We’ve moved on to saving the kids from gun violence now. Gotta have that platform to run on in November doncha know.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been thinking about buying a gun....hmmmm....lol

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Biggest piece of the known future spoken was shiet show .
Outside of that it’s hard to say .
Have braced for the worst many times to see it pass by .
But we now have a resident that hates us back , passionately .
Plus it creates so many digs for election schemes which I don’t understand why the play .
They could and probably will steal it like always .
It’s a shame we can’t get the right people to look into these killers social life and see who it is that gets inside their head .
I am convinced that timing is to dam close to often to be coincidence.
Kenneth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here it comes: FedGov is going to stick it to The People - both parties:

https://www.kten.com/story/46582686...on-a-bipartisan-solution-on-gun-violence

Exclusive: McConnell says he has directed Cornyn to engage with Democrats on a 'bipartisan solution' on gun violence

By Lauren Fox, Morgan Rimmer, Ted Barrett and Clare Foran, CNN

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told CNN on Thursday he met earlier in the day with Texas Sen. John Cornyn and encouraged the senior Republican senator to begin discussions with Democrats, including Sens. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, to see if they can find a middle ground on legislation to respond to the tragic Texas elementary school shooting.

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are facing enormous pressure to take action in the wake of the horrific shooting, but members on both sides acknowledge the uphill battle to find common ground given the highly polarized political climate around gun legislation and widespread GOP opposition to stricter gun control.

It is significant, though, that McConnell has decided to weigh in and is giving a greenlight to a bipartisan effort on a potential legislative response to the shooting. But it still remains to be seen what, if anything, talks will amount to given that countless mass shootings in recent years have failed to break the partisan stalemate over the issue of gun policy in Congress.

McConnell would not say specifically what the contours of that legislation should be, instead signaling he wants Cornyn to be the one to negotiate.

"I met with Senator Cornyn this morning. As you know he went home yesterday to see the family members and begin the fact finding of this awful massacre and I have encouraged him to talk with Sen. Murphy and Sen. Sinema and others who are interested in trying to get an outcome that is directly related to the problem. I am hopeful that we could come up with a bipartisan solution," McConnell told CNN.

Legislation to respond to mass shootings and counter gun violence has long been one of the most divisive and intractable policy issues facing lawmakers.

Cornyn said earlier on Thursday that he is going to meet today with Murphy, one of the most prominent Democrats on the issue of gun policy, to see what can be worked on. He and Murphy have actually met on and off for the last year on this issue and are going to try and resume some of their talks.

He said he doesn't know if they can get there on background checks or other bills, but he did say "this hopefully will provide a new, greater sense of urgency."

Cornyn has also said that he does not want to see the shooting used as a way to infringe on gun rights.

"There's a whole list of things that we can consider, but I think particularly mental health, access to mental health treatment is high on that list," he said, adding, "I think we need to be open to whatever, wherever the evidence leads us. I would say that this is not an excuse to infringe the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens doing that will do nothing to fix tragedies like this."

Talks 'just getting started'

Later on Thursday Cornyn said he had "touched gloves 'with Murphy and that their talks are "just getting started."

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has indicated that Democrats are willing to give some time and space for efforts to reach some kind of bipartisan compromise on gun legislation, though he has noted the odds are long. He has also made clear that these efforts will not be given an unlimited amount of time to play out.

"We have to try everything. We must not leave a single stone unturned," Schumer said earlier on Thursday.

He added, however, "this is not an invite to negotiate indefinitely. Make no mistake about it, if these negotiations do not bear fruit in a short period of time, the Senate will vote on gun safety legislation."

Senate Democrats took steps on Tuesday night to place two House-passed background checks bills onto the legislative calendar so they can be voted on. It's unclear, however, when the Senate might vote on the measures and they would not be expected to overcome a GOP filibuster.

Murphy described the effort he is engaged in, saying, "we'll have a series of meetings today to set the table for next week and then we will work really hard to try to find a bipartisan product."

He sounded a note of caution similar to Schumer however, adding, "I'm not going to negotiate forever."

"I've been through this before," he said. "I know sometimes Republicans are more interested in talking than doing, so if we can't get some progress by the end of next week, then I'll say to Sen. Schumer it's time to take votes. And Sen. Schumer has committed that we're gonna have votes one way or the other on the floor of the Senate on issues like background checks."

A number of Democrats are expressing optimism about the prospects, despite the extremely long odds of any kind of agreement.

Sen. Joe Manchin, a moderate West Virginia Democrat, called the bipartisan meeting on gun reform "very encouraging."

He said that members involved were looking at "a little bit of everything" -- such as background check expansion and red flag laws -- to see what could get bipartisan support.

Asked if he believed Democrats could get 10 Republicans on board, he said that he "always" believes they will. "You quit thinking about the politics and can you get elected on these votes. This is about basically protecting children. If they can't rise to that, they ought to deep, deep dig inside and find out why in the heck we're here."

Most legislation requires at least 10 Republican votes to overcome a filibuster in the Senate given the current 50-50 partisan split.

Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, who has been engaged in gun reform talks with colleagues on both sides of the aisle for years, said Thursday when asked about red flag laws and other gun-related measures that "for the first time," he and Cornyn and other Republican colleagues are "talking seriously," after the shooting in Texas.

"That's a major cause of encouragement to me," he said. "I'm hoping now we can reach that critical mass that will get us to 60 votes. I'm hopeful for the first time in a long time."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I personally think it’s these hardcore video games kids have grown up playing since they was 5 years old. This kind of crap didn’t start until all of the call of duty and games like that came out. Kids minds at an early age can get anything embedded no matter what it is!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Think farm country would shut off the food to the liberal cities?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need to be ready for them to cancel your mortgage, bank account, healthcare insurance, car insurance, even your job and public school for your kids. No door kickers or even new laws will be needed, just a few oligarchs and you are screwed. Proving you have an AR will be as simple as looking at credit card records and internet accessory purchases.
17+million ARs out there...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne

blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Sorry. I do agree that parents are letting their kids do all kinds of stuff they shouldn't, but whenever I see someone talk about the video games, this is what I see in my head...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

And right here is the perfect summation of how it is going to happen. And it is much closer than you think,

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,968
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.