Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 45 of 53 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
And it was a parent who killed the murderer !

That's just not what happened. He didn't kill anyone.

He and other cops went into another building and evacuated students while the shooter was pinned down in another building.

I'm glad he took action.

But be aware of the thread here where they accused the cops of only saving his own kids...

Really and truly, everyone ought to take a step back and wait for the investigation to proceed with facts...

Here's a link to the same story that you don't have to sign up for... https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-shooting-cbp-agent-saves-uvalde-students-daughter

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

He and other cops went into another building and evacuated students while the shooter was pinned down in another building.

I'm glad he took action.

But be aware of the thread here where they accused the cops of only saving his own kids...

Really and truly, everyone ought to take a step back and wait for the investigation to proceed with facts...

Here's a link to the same story that you don't have to sign up for... https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-shooting-cbp-agent-saves-uvalde-students-daughter
where it applies to long-term and a full response standloint, I agree. The investigation should proceed and appropriate action should be taken at multiple levels.

From both a personal and professional standpoint, right now, the only question i have is:
Did EVERY responding cop go directly to the threat (I'll make exceptions for units held outside under direction of the scene commander for perimeter, etc once sufficient entry was made) until it was confirmed that the threat(s) was terminated?
If the answer is 'no', than its excuses and bullshit.

I know this isn't 'my area ' of the Nation, but that shouldn't matter. If someone isn't willing to enter a building to stop the killing of innocents, they shouldn't pin on a badge.

If it is determined that I'm interpreting this response wrong, you'll be the first I apologize to. I just can't accept that any copper could live with themselves for standing by.

Last edited by NH K9; 05/27/22.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
where it applies to long-term and a full response standloint, I agree. The investigation should proceed and appropriate action should be taken at multiple levels.

From both a personal and professional standpoint, right now, the only question i have is:
Did EVERY responding cop go directly to the threat (I'll make exceptions for units held outside under direction of the scene commander for perimeter, etc once sufficient entry was made) until it was confirmed that the threat(s) was terminated?

I know this isn't 'my area ' of the Nation, but that shouldn't matter. If someone isn't willing to enter a building to stop the killing of innocents, they shouldn't pin on a badge.

If it is determined that I'm interpreting this response wrong, you'll be the first I apologize to. I just can't accept that any copper could live with themselves for standing by.

From where I sit, it seems like whoever was the scene commander, whether it was the Uvalde Police Chief, the Sheriff, or DPS.... whoever it was... SHOULD have put together enough force from the cops there, and stormed the building.

Time is not your friend in those situations.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

From where I sit, it seems like whoever was the scene commander, whether it was the Uvalde Police Chief, the Sheriff, or DPS.... whoever it was... SHOULD have put together enough force from the cops there, and stormed the building.

Time is not your friend in those situations.
If any of those ranking officers were even close to the first at the school, they should have been inside trying to kill the shooter.
there is no 'enough for entry ' anymore. In my current position, I'm within two miles from.any of 'my' schools if I'm trapped at the PD. it's highly unlikely any other copper is going to beat me to an incident there
The Fire Chief already knows he has immediate command, because I'm going to be hunting.
That is the only acceptable answer from my perspective.

Last edited by NH K9; 05/27/22.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
[bleep] those cops. If parents were willing to storm that school, the cops had no right to stand in the way. [bleep] those pieces of schit for handcuffing those parents. If you’re too cowardly to do what is necessary, don’t stand in the way of those who aren’t.

Fewer than sixty years ago, people in Austin went to their cars and homes and got deer rifles to return fire on Charles Whitmore. They kept his head down until one officer went up the tower and killed him by himself. Now, the cops tackle people who are braver than they are and place them in handcuffs to keep them from saving children.

Uvalde needs you. Go make a difference. Save lives.

Look, asshat, if you get between me and my kid, you’d better find a place to hide. That’s all I’m saying. Strange that someone thinks that’s remarkable.

Yeah, it's always a great idea to barge into an active shooter situation half cocked.

If the shooter doesn't put a bullet through your head, the cops engaging him probably will.

But by all means, continue on with your internet bravado and Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Was every action by those in charge the absolute best choice? Probably not. It never is, in any of these situations.

But I completely stand by them for not letting people into the active crime scene.

If you can't think of reasons why an active scene is closed and contained, you need to think about it more.

i know why they are clsoed and contained. in this instance every action the cops took was wrong. and youre wrong for sucking their dick.

evey second of active shooter training i have been through is go forward, and neutralize the threat.

those of you compllaining about policy and command orders can also suck a dick. fire me afterwards. i ok with that. im not ok with letting some makiac contionue to kill kids when i have the means to stop him.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Training has nothing to do with going towards a threat like that. You do it because it has to be done. Training is something that might help you survive a situation like that, but lack of “training” should not be an excuse to not go towards the threat.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
for years active shooter training has been simple: First on scene grab someone if you can and run to the active shooter. There's no asking for permission from your supv and no special hand signals, no ninja room clearing etc. .

The tactics all changed after Columbine over 20 years ago.

Still waiting for full report and all mistakes made

Originally Posted by gitem_12
[bleep] those cops. If parents were willing to storm that school, the cops had no right to stand in the way. [bleep] those pieces of schit for handcuffing those parents. If you’re too cowardly to do what is necessary, don’t stand in the way of those who aren’t.

Fewer than sixty years ago, people in Austin went to their cars and homes and got deer rifles to return fire on Charles Whitmore. They kept his head down until one officer went up the tower and killed him by himself. Now, the cops tackle people who are braver than they are and place them in handcuffs to keep them from saving children.

Look, asshat, if you get between me and my kid, you’d better find a place to hide. That’s all I’m saying. Strange that someone thinks that’s remarkable.

Yeah, it's always a great idea to barge into an active shooter situation half cocked.

If the shooter doesn't put a bullet through your head, the cops engaging him probably will.

But by all means, continue on with your internet bravado and Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Was every action by those in charge the absolute best choice? Probably not. It never is, in any of these situations.

But I completely stand by them for not letting people into the active crime scene.

If you can't think of reasons why an active scene is closed and contained, you need to think about it more.

i know why they are clsoed and contained. in this instance every action the cops took was wrong. and youre wrong for sucking their dick.

evey second of active shooter training i have been through is go forward, and neutralize the threat.

those of you compllaining about policy and command orders can also suck a dick. fire me afterwards. i ok with that. im not ok with letting some makiac contionue to kill kids when i have the means to stop him.

Last edited by ribka; 05/27/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I agree that something should have been done sooner.

But my believing no bystanders should be allowed into an active shooter scene doesn't make me be "sucking their dick".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yep, you and many others would for sure. Many have done so before and without stopping to think about it, like the guy who stopped the church shooter in Texas in 2017.

The guy who shot the Sutherland Springs church shooter shot the shooter in the parking lot after the massacre. He didn't go in.

I commend him though.

Yes, but iirc he was headed for the gunfire when the shooter came out.

A hwy chase ensued and iirc the hero was down to the last one of his 3 cartridges.

I dont think he knew when running toward the church as fast as he could that the shooter was going to come out. Its reasonable to expect he planned on going in for him.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This press conference is bad, all the way around. 🤦‍♂️

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I seem to remember a female deputy a few years ago going into a church lobby and becoming a hero after shooting a threat.

Anyone remember if he had fired shots before she went in?

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/27/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Ok LT.

Perhaps you know exactly what happened. I don't. I know what my training is to do.

If officers that weren't wounded didn't do what they were trained to do, that is unsatisfactory, and should be dealt with.

But I have not seen an official AAR.

For those that are outraged, go make a difference in your community and change things.

Thanks for the double-tap of stupidity.

Once again your response has nothing to do with what I wrote.

You sound like a kghunt.

You're welcome lieutenant.

As I said, if the officers did not do what they were trained to do, assuming they've had active shooter training, they were wrong and should be held accountable.

But you don't know what they were trained or what happened. Or do you?
Honestly, why is anyone even trying to frame this in regards to ‘training’, etc.
Active Killer training has been formalized for years, but it’s kinda irrelevant: is someone is shooting in a school (or anywhere else) you go to gunfire and eliminate the threat.

Anything else is unacceptable.

I agree, however (as the resident LT knows) if the department did not provide their officers proper training, I doubt they will be able to terminate the cowardly officers.

Anyone know how many sworn officers Uvalde has? At 16k residents I'd be surprised if it's more than 20. Small departments are kind of notorious for little to no training and less than ideal hiring standards.
I can think of several policies off the top of my head which I'd use to terminate......assuming I don't get capped inside the school since they'll be racing me to get there
If the labor board orders them rehired, they'll come to work every single day knowing that I'm working on their exit .

You and I are about the same age as I recall but your attitude is reminiscent of the “old school guys”. I mean that ONLY in every good way you can think of. I’d be racing myself to the sound of children being murdered and if I was in your AO we’d be racing each other. When the “sh.it hits the fan” those of us that have been tasked with great responsibility are ONLY focused on doing our job perfectly, not on the maybe’s. It’s not until afterwards that you realize how close you were to buying the farm. In the moment it’s simply the most important work that needs to be done and it’s up to “you” to do it.

I’m trying to withhold my thoughts on this tragedy until more information comes in. If it’s true (I believe it is) I hope that SIGNIFICANT improvements are made as a result.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The current DPS spokesman finally admitted that they made a mistake by not going in immediately. He also said the dirtbag used a debit card to buy all the stuff so he had the money in the bank, but they don't know any more than that so far.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Ace, it makes me wonder if many officers there wanted to go in but submitted to orders from going in.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Longbob
The current DPS spokesman finally admitted that they made a mistake by not going in immediately. He also said the dirtbag used a debit card to buy all the stuff so he had the money in the bank, but they don't know any more than that so far.

Seems they come to the same conclusion every time. Hummm.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm glad he took action.

There are no exceptions to this scenario.

You do not follow orders. Only SOP.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Bingo.

I'm feel pretty sure Col Travis and several others on the Fire would have done the right thing.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/27/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm glad he took action.

There are no exceptions to this scenario.

You do not follow orders. Only SOP.
You'll note the 'sufficient entry' qualification.

I can guesstimate how long that will take in my area, but it's going to be a bit before any of the achools, etc reach a saturation point of coppers.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I would think it better to be dead than live with the guilt of being a coward.

But for a long while people have been conditioned to think differently.

Not everybody thank God.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/27/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You might say that you have standing orders to engage the threat in those situations.

Page 45 of 53 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.