L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
I have a ULA Model 20 in 284 Melvin built for me in 1990 that I have drug all over North America. I'm pretty sure it came with a 2.75 inch magazine box because I always had to watch the cartridge length because of that. When I sent it in 4 or 5 years ago for a face lift I had Melvin put the 3 inch magazine box in the stock at that time.

When I bought the rifle I had Superior Ammunition load me up about 20 boxes of 284 140 grain Nosler Partitions of which I still have a couple left. All the cartridges are just a shade under 2.75" long for that reason. Had to shove that Partition quite a ways in the case on top of the 55 grains of IMR 4350 to keep it under 2.75".
That is interesting. You got me curious, so I measured a 20 built in 1988 - 3.0” box.

I will take them both...

Oh wait, wrong place wink
Going to be some serious quick draw on nulas for a while! laugh

just real glad I picked up the 7mm-08 earlier this year...really should do everything I want/need for the rest of my lifetime. Just need to figure out how to smooth out the action some

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
yeah me to...mine smoothed out pretty quick just working the action

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Was going to try and buy a used CLR or Forbes and send it to Melvin for any and all upgrades he do to it so I could have a functional piece of art from a master. Was also going to try and get the stock paint scheme I've always wanted that is pictured at NULA -> MENU -> RIFLES -> Model 20 Short.

When I called Melvin and he said he was sweeping and to call back some other time, it was apparent to me Bill Wilson saved an amazing rifle, designed by an amazing man and Bill deserves the sale.

A BWC NULA 18" .308 Win. should be coming off the line just in time for Santa to get his FFL and sneak it under me Christmas Tree.

Thank you to my FFL and Wilson Combat's Lamar for working everything out for me.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It was my understanding that Hugo Vivero owned Wilson barrels and Cooper firearms.

What about Dan Cooper, who started Cooper Firearms in 1990!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Screw Dan Cooper

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
It was my understanding that Hugo Vivero owned Wilson barrels and Cooper firearms.

Screw Dan Cooper

That escalated quality

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
DB Cooper?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Screw Dan Cooper

I know we hate cooper and his rifles but I dont remember why…?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Screw Dan Cooper

"This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

Cooper changed sides, he said, "probably because of the war. And also because the Republican Party has moved so far right in recent years."

He also likes Obama's message about "the retooling of America, which involves the building of middle-class jobs and helping American small business be competitive with those overseas."

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-27-prez-money_N.htm

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Screw Dan Cooper

"This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

Cooper changed sides, he said, "probably because of the war. And also because the Republican Party has moved so far right in recent years."

He also likes Obama's message about "the retooling of America, which involves the building of middle-class jobs and helping American small business be competitive with those overseas."

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-27-prez-money_N.htm

yea, that's it right there-thank you

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Man glad I was able to pick up a ula model 28 300 win. Picked it up on the 25 of this month, looked on the nula website and found out the company had been sold to Wilson's. And now the model 24 and 28 are on temporary hold. I did talk to Melvin yesterday, and they are still doing almost all the other work for pre Wilson ula rifles ( barreling, painting, ect) but not building new ones anymore:( Every time I've talked to Melvin he's been great to deal with. Wish the best of luck to Wilson's on the great opportunity to continue building great rifles.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Screw Dan Cooper

To be fair, John McCain's track record of back stabing up and coming Conservatives with 'China Rich' Bitch McConnell didn't have the Republican base very excited.

obama's Illinois senate tenure was fairly innocuous and his radical anti-American college years were pretty well hidden during the campaign.

I didn't hear anyone predict how evil of a pos obama would turn out to be or how many acts of treason he'd commit.

Also, I sure love my Cooper Custom Classics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Alessio
Screw Dan Cooper

To be fair, John McCain's track record of back stabing up and coming Conservatives with 'China Rich' Bitch McConnell didn't have the Republican base very excited.

obama's Illinois senate tenure was fairly innocuous and his radical anti-American college years were pretty well hidden during the campaign.

I didn't hear anyone predict how evil of a pos obama would turn out to be or how many acts of treason he'd commit.

Yeah, the Republican party moving too far right and voting for a democrat is always a sound stance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama
Voted against a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Calls for permanently reinstating assault weapons ban. Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Supports making guns childproof and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Screw Dan Cooper

Yeah, the Republican party moving too far right and voting for a democrat is always a sound stance.

I had never heard the "too far right" quote. Not sure what too much freedom and liberty for all looks like but sounds like Mr Cooper was listening to some npr on his drive to work.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama
Voted against a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Calls for permanently reinstating assault weapons ban. Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Supports making guns childproof and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.

So did every other party line voting libtard. I just think most people prior to obama were ignorant of how maniacal democrats are.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58

About as relevant as “What about John Browning, who started Browning Arms Company in 1878.”
😉

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Does buying a New New Ultra Light Arms offset my obama Coopers at all?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does buying a New New Ultra Light Arms offset my obama Coopers at all?

Another cunny

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Screw Dan Cooper

I had never heard the "too far right" quote. Not sure what too much freedom and liberty for all looks like but sounds like Mr Cooper was listening to some npr on his drive to work.

It sounds like you are an idiot and defending your hubby for voting Obama.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,426
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.