Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by greydog
Originally Posted by ribka
two cops did run in and were shot,. Should probably wait for the investigation to conclude. None of us has idea what occurred and the media has a very proven history of lying

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My nephew is a cop in a large southwestern city (and, by the way, a Medal of Valor awardee), and we were talking about this today. He was amazed that any cop on the scene would wait around for orders under those circumstances. He assures me that he'd go in right away, whether or not he was the first on the scene, and he'd engage the shooter. He says his department's policy permits this, and doesn't require an officer to wait for backup, or orders from superiors, when lives are at risk, particularly children's lives.

PS My nephew has won two shooting engagements with armed perps in the six years he's been a cop.

We have heard about these two cops who rushed in and were shot (though not badly enough that they couldn't turn tail and run back out) but have heard very little about them since this assertion. We have heard that they checked the door and found it to be locked. Shot were fired through the door, striking the officers; they prudently withdrew and did not approach again after this close call.
We will probably NEVER know what happened, exactly. This is because law enforcement employs professional liars who lie to cover up mistakes. In addition, all reports we receive, from any source, are created by other professional liars who lie to push their agenda or to to simply jazz up the story.
We all want our cops to be heroes who are in place to protect and serves us; the people who pay for them. It seems, in this case, the people of Uvalde didn't really get their money's worth. GD
I have been wondering that as well , Splinters from the door or actual bullet wounds ?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 57springer
two cops did run in and were shot,. Should probably wait for the investigation to conclude. None of us has idea what occurred and the media has a very proven history of lying

My nephew is a cop in a large southwestern city (and, by the way, a Medal of Valor awardee), and we were talking about this today. He was amazed that any cop on the scene would wait around for orders under those circumstances. He assures me that he'd go in right away, whether or not he was the first on the scene, and he'd engage the shooter. He says his department's policy permits this, and doesn't require an officer to wait for backup, or orders from superiors, when lives are at risk, particularly children's lives.

PS My nephew has won two shooting engagements with armed perps in the six years he's been a cop.

We have heard about these two cops who rushed in and were shot (though not badly enough that they couldn't turn tail and run back out) but have heard very little about them since this assertion. We have heard that they checked the door and found it to be locked. Shot were fired through the door, striking the officers; they prudently withdrew and did not approach again after this close call.
We will probably NEVER know what happened, exactly. This is because law enforcement employs professional liars who lie to cover up mistakes. In addition, all reports we receive, from any source, are created by other professional liars who lie to push their agenda or to to simply jazz up the story.
We all want our cops to be heroes who are in place to protect and serves us; the people who pay for them. It seems, in this case, the people of Uvalde didn't really get their money's worth. GD
I have been wondering that as well , Splinters from the door or actual bullet wounds ?
I'm sure that determination has been made by now but if you are shot at through a door and find yourself bleeding how important does that distinction seem?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Reports are the classroom door is steel and the SCHOOL police department didn't have door breacher. Hmm

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita

I'm sure that determination has been made by now but if you are shot at through a door and find yourself bleeding how important does that distinction seem?
I am suggesting they are making a big deal about a scratch ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Reports are the classroom door is steel and the SCHOOL police department didn't have door breacher. Hmm
If this is true , we need to know what type ammo he had ?

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Where is the investigation going that's looking into who sponsored the kid's gun and ammo purchases? Those professional liars are doing their best to convince everybody that an 18 year old, borderline retard witha job at a fast food restaurant somehow accumulated thousands of dollars to buy a couple of high end AR's and enough ammo to fight a small war. That's the story that needs some serious fact checking!

Just because you suck at managing your money doesn't mean an 18 year old with no other liabilities can't save up $1500 for a rifle.

Two DD rifles and lots of ammo. Probably more like $4-$5k.

Lots of 18yo’s save all their money to buy high end AR’s just yo shoot up a school when a $500 gun would do the same thing.

Story smells of possible accomplices.

No, it was one DD rifle. The other rifle he had was some generic basic gun. Stop repeating things you hear; only repeat it when you can verify it as fact. Kids working fast food make about $15-16/hr now. DD rifles retail around $1800, but you can often find them for less. $1500 is pretty common selling price...so 1 1/2-2 pay periods would cover it. Kid had no bills and lived with his grandparents. There is nothing at all to implicate any accomplices. Turn off the tinfoil and deal with facts, especially when your "facts" are based on lies which you haven't taken the time to attempt to verify.

Since you have all the facts…how long did he work a paying job, what other expenses did he have, did he pay cash, check or credit card at the shop, what optics were mounted and what did they cost, where had he been practicing shooting, was he raised around guns or just suddenly start buying them the day he turned 18, how many more guns did he own?
It’s nice to have someone like you with first hand knowledge to learn from, thanks in advance.

Since we do have SOME facts, why did you choose to ignore them in favor of whatever conspiracy theory you had cooked up in your head?

Some things we have that is factual that will answer your questions:

Only the Daniel Defense had optics. It was an Eotech knock-off that appeared to have a "Sightmark" logo. They can be had for about $200, sometimes less.

The other rifle had iron sights. These were the only two he had.

He was raised by a single mom and his maternal grandparents, who wouldn't allow guns in their home. Therefore it is safe to presume he didn't "grow up around guns". We have no information about him "practicing shooting", and it appears he had only taken possession about a week before the massacre. I'm not sure how much "practice" would be needed for point blank executions, though.

He told people for over a year that he was working at Wendy's so that he could save money for guns and ammo. He worked there a little over a year. He bought the two firearms just a few weeks after his 18th birthday and told his co-workers he'd finally saved the money for them. He never showed up back at work. He had even posted on Instagram when he started saving for the firearms (over a year ago), and posted receipts a week before the mass-murder spree. From the receipts, he was believed to have purchased the firearms May 15th, May 17th, and ammunition, magazines, a "tactical vest", and the red dot sight totaling around $4000.

As for how he paid for them, logic dictates a credit card or debit card of some kind was used since it was purchased online.

As far as first-hand knowledge, no, I have none other than looking at the primary sources, photos, etc. But I am not going to ignore the facts and insert my own fantasy to support a conspiracy theory either.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why? Would you have shot through the classroom door?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Since you have all the facts…how long did he work a paying job, what other expenses did he have, did he pay cash, check or credit card at the shop, what optics were mounted and what did they cost, where had he been practicing shooting, was he raised around guns or just suddenly start buying them the day he turned 18, how many more guns did he own?
It’s nice to have someone like you with first hand knowledge to learn from, thanks in advance.
Don't forget the vest. They don't give them away, either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't forget the vest. They don't give them away, either.

He just had a tactical shell vest with no body armor plate in it.

$25 on Amazon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why? Would you have shot through the classroom door?
I think you are missing my point . I am questioning the wounds the cops claim to have received , were they actually hit by a bullet .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by bellydeep
The real question is when will RockinButtBar and Jorgay finally admit the cops fooked this one up royally.

Hell, even the police admit it!!!!

“Nearly 20 officers waited for around 45 minutes to breach a classroom door that was eventually unlocked to confront the shooter, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school-shooter-what-we-know

I said from the start that I'd wait for facts. Not speculation.

I got the facts from the last DPS presser, as did everyone else. Then promptly did make an opinion. You can look if you want... wink

I just looked back at your first post. It said this:

One sheriff's deputy had a daughter who was killed in there.

If you want to call him up and Monday Morning scorch him for not doing more, I'm sure I can get you his phone number...

Do you also want the phone numberst for the other LEO's who were shot and wounded?

Doesn’t seem like you “waited for the facts” before spouting off

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One sheriff's deputy had a daughter who was killed in there.

If you want to call him up and Monday Morning scorch him for not doing more, I'm sure I can get you his phone number...

Do you also want the phone numberst for the other LEO's who were shot and wounded?

Doesn’t seem like you “waited for the facts” before spouting off

Dumbass.

https://news.yahoo.com/daughter-deputy-sheriff-responded-uvalde-124459050.html

https://nypost.com/2022/05/26/uvalde-sheriff-learns-daughter-died-in-texas-school-shooting/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Where is the investigation going that's looking into who sponsored the kid's gun and ammo purchases? Those professional liars are doing their best to convince everybody that an 18 year old, borderline retard witha job at a fast food restaurant somehow accumulated thousands of dollars to buy a couple of high end AR's and enough ammo to fight a small war. That's the story that needs some serious fact checking!

Just because you suck at managing your money doesn't mean an 18 year old with no other liabilities can't save up $1500 for a rifle.

Two DD rifles and lots of ammo. Probably more like $4-$5k.

Lots of 18yo’s save all their money to buy high end AR’s just yo shoot up a school when a $500 gun would do the same thing.

Story smells of possible accomplices.

Govt funded accomplices.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
When seconds count, the cops are minutes away.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just heard a theory that it was a cartel hit to remind the local Border Patrol people that their kids are vulnerable. That one might not be too far fetched.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=rockinbbar]One sheriff's deputy had a daughter who was killed in there.

Doesn’t seem like you “waited for the facts” before spoutingYou off

.c
theseDumbassEe
.].
'ck .

Did I mention...f'ck these commie bastards.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
[quote=rockinbbar]One sheriff's deputy had a daughter who was killed in there.

Doesn’t seem like you “waited for the facts” before spoutingYou off

.c
theseDumbassEe
.].
'ck .

Did I mention...f'ck these commie bastards.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Don't forget, any cops with enough sense ta reject the fakeccine, or refuse ta enforce it, have been fired.

So, all ya got left for cops is the intellectually inferior liberals.

Do ya really think that type of cop is gonna run inta a classroom under fire ta save kids?

Never gonna happen.

Took an hour ta find 3-4, whatever it was, with some balls.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our rep once time is about 30 minutes to an hour

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.