Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Alessio
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Screw Dan Cooper

I know we hate cooper and his rifles but I dont remember why…?

"This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

Cooper changed sides, he said, "probably because of the war. And also because the Republican Party has moved so far right in recent years."

He also likes Obama's message about "the retooling of America, which involves the building of middle-class jobs and helping American small business be competitive with those overseas."

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-27-prez-money_N.htm

To be fair, John McCain's track record of back stabing up and coming Conservatives with 'China Rich' Bitch McConnell didn't have the Republican base very excited.

obama's Illinois senate tenure was fairly innocuous and his radical anti-American college years were pretty well hidden during the campaign.

I didn't hear anyone predict how evil of a pos obama would turn out to be or how many acts of treason he'd commit.

Also, I sure love my Cooper Custom Classics.
Barack Obama
Voted against a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Calls for permanently reinstating assault weapons ban. Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Supports making guns childproof and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.

So did every other party line voting libtard. I just think most people prior to obama were ignorant of how maniacal democrats are.

Stupid is the word, but I know you clams don't like that. Please continue to defend the c*nt.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
Didn't know that,

F Dan Cooper

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001
Man glad I was able to pick up a ula model 28 300 win. Picked it up on the 25 of this month, looked on the nula website and found out the company had been sold to Wilson's. And now the model 24 and 28 are on temporary hold. I did talk to Melvin yesterday, and they are still doing almost all the other work for pre Wilson ula rifles ( barreling, painting, ect) but not building new ones anymore:( Every time I've talked to Melvin he's been great to deal with. Wish the best of luck to Wilson's on the great opportunity to continue building great rifles.

This is good news as i picked up an older ULA 260 awhile back that is need of a complete restoration. Any clue of cost to do a thorough once over Safety check, paint stock and rebarrel would be from Mel??

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Less than you think. He is a very fair man. A gentleman really. One of few.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hitman
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001
Man glad I was able to pick up a ula model 28 300 win. Picked it up on the 25 of this month, looked on the nula website and found out the company had been sold to Wilson's. And now the model 24 and 28 are on temporary hold. I did talk to Melvin yesterday, and they are still doing almost all the other work for pre Wilson ula rifles ( barreling, painting, ect) but not building new ones anymore:( Every time I've talked to Melvin he's been great to deal with. Wish the best of luck to Wilson's on the great opportunity to continue building great rifles.

This is good news as i picked up an older ULA 260 awhile back that is need of a complete restoration. Any clue of cost to do a thorough once over Safety check, paint stock and rebarrel would be from Mel??

Right about a grand.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
yep thats right....1000.00

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hitman

You don't like the .260 or is the barre wore out ?

Hal

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Yessir i do like the 260. Just thinkin id like to add 3-4 inches of barrel length and have rifle completely gone over and restored by Melvin while his service is still available. This rifle is due for a makeover

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Screw Dan Cooper

"This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

Cooper changed sides, he said, "probably because of the war. And also because the Republican Party has moved so far right in recent years."

He also likes Obama's message about "the retooling of America, which involves the building of middle-class jobs and helping American small business be competitive with those overseas."

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-27-prez-money_N.htm

To be fair, John McCain's track record of back stabing up and coming Conservatives with 'China Rich' Bitch McConnell didn't have the Republican base very excited.

obama's Illinois senate tenure was fairly innocuous and his radical anti-American college years were pretty well hidden during the campaign.

I didn't hear anyone predict how evil of a pos obama would turn out to be or how many acts of treason he'd commit.

Barack Obama
Voted against a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Calls for permanently reinstating assault weapons ban. Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Supports making guns childproof and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.

So did every other party line voting libtard. I just think most people prior to obama were ignorant of how maniacal democrats are.

Stupid is the word, but I know you clams don't like that. Please continue to defend the c*nt.

250Rag_age will be nicer after he gets his soup and a diaper change.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by hitman
Yessir i do like the 260. Just thinkin id like to add 3-4 inches of barrel length and have rifle completely gone over and restored by Melvin while his service is still available. This rifle is due for a makeover

Can Melvin turn CLRs and Forbes into a NULA or just ULAs?

Even thought I just ordered a .308 18" NNULA it'd be nice to pick up a 284 for when I retire and have time to do some reloading. Plus I still really want something built by Melvin.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama

250Rag_age will be nicer after he gets his soup and a diaper change.

Keep defending the liberal pukes, you liberal puke.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Awwe, Papa Putin needs a nap.

We send money to https://vets4childrescue.org/, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz. What are you doing besides filling diapers?

If you served, I'll stfu and apologize.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screw Dan Cooper

Yea. [bleep] that piece of [bleep].

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NO H.S. Precision "Fans" in the house?!? You Whining Bitches are fhuqking SOFT! Hint.

Fhuqk Lon Horiuchi! Now shut the fhuqk up Karen(s),Google as you must and let GOOD folks,take a "good" business over. Bill has the Thrill,so shut the fhuqk up and happily pay that bill. Hint.

You Gawwdamned Fhuqking Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
NO H.S. Precision "Fans" in the house?!? You Whining Bitches are fhuqking SOFT! Hint.

Fhuqk Lon Horiuchi! Now shut the fhuqk up Karen(s),Google as you must and let GOOD folks,take a "good" business over. Bill has the Thrill,so shut the fhuqk up and happily pay that bill. Hint.

You Gawwdamned Fhuqking Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint..............
I noticed that you were sucking-up big time the other day as well as crying about "only" 2.5" internal length on the 20s.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Your Day Dreaming Delusions,are taking you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Punctuation don't aspook me and there is nobody better with Engleesh,than I. When I cite a particular,it's crystalline,not that I don't enjoy the HILARITY of your Drooling Fhuqking Retardation,copious WELL founded Insecuritires and never ending Hurt Feeler Reports,to correlate your perpetual "Victim" status. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) Emotional heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Hi. Long time, intermittent lurker. This thread is how I found out about the NULA sale. I was surprised, but not shocked to learn Melvin had sold. Good for him, and I hope it works out for Mr. Wilson & Co. New Ultra Light Arms and Wilson Combat are two solid brands to combine and build on.

I did speak with NULA the other day- being concerned about the status of my order and who would complete it -and it seems that my rifle will be one of the final eleven Mr. Wilson referred to earlier in the thread. I’m thankful to Mr. Forbes and everyone else at NULA. I’m glad to hear that someone will continue his work on the originals going forward, and I appreciate “getting in under the wire” with my order.

I’ll never forget what Mr. Forbes told me the day we finalized my build over the phone last July while I was near full “fanboy”. It was very apropos-“I’m just working man that wants to build a great rifle for a good price.” The humility, patience and measure Mr. Forbes has engaged me with every time we’ve spoken has been a pleasure. Thank you, sir.

Glad to be a forum member now!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Apparently a different version of the "Model 20 Short" action was used to build rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC etc. Does anyone know how this differs from the usual "Model 20 Short" action...if at all?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Apparently a different version of the "Model 20 Short" action was used to build rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC etc. Does anyone know how this differs from the usual "Model 20 Short" action...if at all?

Take a look here:

https://newultralightarms.com/?page_id=10

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

Take a look here:

https://newultralightarms.com/?page_id=10
I previously carefully looked at the Website and have just now looked at it again. I can't see any answer to my question. Obviously the bolt face will be opened up, but are there any other differences at all, for those rifles that were chambered in 6.8 SPC or other wider-than-.223 short cases?

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,279
Posts18,486,792
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.