Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
That is probably their entire police department, not their swat team.

Uvalde is a small town, I'd be surprised if they have more than 12 full time sworn.

And if that is their swat team, they arent going to be very capable with 9. Between a qrf, entry team, gas team, perimeter, bodies get used up quickly.
40 on the force.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Uvalde is a small town, I'd be surprised if they have more than 12 full time sworn.

And if that is their swat team, they arent going to be very capable with 9. Between a qrf, entry team, gas team, perimeter, bodies get used up quickly.
40 on the force.

Ok 40 sworn. 25% (10) are desk riders probably, so down to 30. Detectives are probably 4 to 5, so down to 25 for patrol? That's assuming they don't send any bodies to be tfo's or specialties like juvenile services etc.

So if they’re working 12s you have a minimum of two day shifts (fast end/slow end) and two night shifts. So 6 officers per shift with a supervisor...so 7. With nobody sick or on vacation.

Oh and a part-time 9 person tac team that are your patrol/detectives too.

Not bad for a 16k person town.

It was a [bleep] show from the top down. Eventually common sense hit somebody on scene and they did what needed to be done.

I've been through multiple active shooter trainings. At every one whether it's small scale inter-agency or large scale multi-agency, fire, ems, training, single person deployment is always discussed and done. Take the fight to the suspect(s), at a minimum they are now focused on you and not innocents.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/30/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Any word on why/how the truck got wrecked?

The kid didn't know how to drive, never had a license.
How do you get a legally bought gun in Texas without a driver's license?[/quote]
Probably state ID card or passport.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by renegade50
Someone posted this pic up in the last day or two on a thread.

If this is their SWAT team they seem well armed and equipped....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is a mute point when you have an incident commander who won't let a response team go in.

It doesn't sound like the UPD SWAT team was even deployed, as the team that was assembled on the incident site only had a couple of them, a Zavala County deputy, and 3 BORTAC from border patrol.

Sounds like SWAT teams need to be like Fire Departments... Subject to being on call with a rapid response time.

Not only that, but put someone in charge who knows enough to send the hammers in after the nail.
Totally agree.

But the pic still makes a point in many ways....

Aside from that they spent plenty of money equipping that
"SWAT" team and got a nice picture from their tax payer paid investment for public safety.
👍👍👍

That was a very expensive picture for the townspeople of Uvalde. Too bad that's all they got for their money.
touché

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I really don’t have much use for David French (a NeverTrumper), but on this one he’s bang on.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-shame-of-uvalde?s=r

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Was anybody in the Biden administration in contact with the Uvalde police giving directions on how to proceed?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Epishemore
Was anybody in the Biden administration in contact with the Uvalde police giving directions on how to proceed?

Nope- - - -they were equipping and coaching the shooter.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter

40 on the force.

Ok 40 sworn. 25% (10) are desk riders probably, so down to 30. Detectives are probably 4 to 5, so down to 25 for patrol? That's assuming they don't send any bodies to be tfo's or specialties like juvenile services etc.

So if they’re working 12s you have a minimum of two day shifts (fast end/slow end) and two night shifts. So 6 officers per shift with a supervisor...so 7. With nobody sick or on vacation.

Oh and a part-time 9 person tac team that are your patrol/detectives too.

Not bad for a 16k person town.

It was a [bleep] show from the top down. Eventually common sense hit somebody on scene and they did what needed to be done.

I've been through multiple active shooter trainings. At every one whether it's small scale inter-agency or large scale multi-agency, fire, ems, training, single person deployment is always discussed and done. Take the fight to the suspect(s), at a minimum they are now focused on you and not innocents.

The ISD police force commander was the one calling the shots. iirc, I read that their department is him, one detective, and 4 officers. So 6 mall cops at best. Just for the record since some are blaming the Texas DPS for calling it a mistake that they made, DPS was not involved at that point.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The monster had help, but we're never going to know which alphabet soup agency, or which drug cartel financed and coached him. Either way, the "lone wolf deranged bad guy" (Lee Harvey Oswald) scenario doesn't pass the smell test.

I think it is obvious, every one is looking right at it, and don't see a thing, because they are listening to the media and the bullschitt they are reporting.....

The DNCC has been to need media attention pulled off all of their screw ups from the Biden Administration over the last 6 months...

nothing shifts gears like it being time to go after ' gun control' once again.... to put media focus there...

Buffalo happened 10 days before Uvalde....

there sure are a lot of little incidences that came together to make all of this happen.... almost like it was orchestrated...

If you can't see all fingers pointing to the DNCC, and one of their clandestine support groups.... you aren't paying attention...

That is 10 dead adults in Buffalo and 2 dead teachers and 19 dead elementary school kids dead in Texas... all in less than 2 weeks...

What is being reported is about as believable as how the democRats in the last election, got like 30 million votes for Joe Biden, being the "largest voter turn out for a Candidate in American history" as they had the media report....

That makes 12 adults and 19 kids murdered by the DNCC in the month of May. What have they got in store for us all in June?
and ALL for political benefits.... nothing else....

and yeah, how convenient that a certain door was open, for a certain trespasser with an AR could find just when they needed entry to a locked school building.. and then the "incident commander" had everyone stand down for an hour, before doing anything about this....

the odds for this being true are about as true as me finding a $2 bill on the ground at a local store and buying a lottery ticket and find myself $500K richer the next morning....

which one of us or our children and grand children are next gentlemen??

This was definitely orchestrated. Doesn't take many whisperings, online grooming and a few pills to get a kid with some mental issues to distract the news cycle. Prepare for more.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.