Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DANNYL
The actual pilot is a local from Lowville NY, his face is not pictured in any scene. He was interviewed a few days ago on the local news and was real excited about being chosen by the Navy to go to top gun.

It’s been 40+ years since I was in the neighborhood, but if there’s anyplace in NY State more out in the sticks than Boonville it’s gotta be Lowville grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by centershot
Two thumbs up. Surprised at how entertaining it actually was. Did not have high hopes as sequels can be hit or miss, usually miss. What happened to Kelly McGillis? Well just google what she looks like now........Penny Benjamin was the right choice.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kelly was looking good in 1986, but today, besides fat and ugly, she is registered Lesbo.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Kelly was looking good in 1986, but today, besides fat and ugly, she is registered Lesbo.

Registered at the same place BigSqueeze (RIP) registered his hands as lethal weapons?

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kelly was dating Top Gun actor Wolfman during the shooting. A year earlier, she was a cute Amish gal in Witness and I wouldn't be surprised if she "got friendly" with Harrison Ford. I hear that these actor types like to party. Kelly was looking good to me, way back when.

But in 2009 she came out as full fledged Lesbo. No boys need apply.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
" ... I hear that these actor types like to party. ...

I've heard that myself. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I enjoyed the movie. Saw it on the big screen yesterday. Bit of a cheesy storyline but certainly high energy action. No blatant in your face LGBTQ and the minimal pandering is refreshing in a movie.

There were 4 middle aged ladies just down the row from me. I could hear them talk. They were there purely for Tom Cruise, practically creaming their jeans.

Good movie

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Also saw it yesterday. Not bad… especially at $6 per ticket!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I saw it today, and enjoyed it a lot. I was left wondering where they dug up a flying Tomcat, though. I didn't know any were left flying, anywhere. I can guess where the "fifth generation fighters" came from, China, via Bill Clinton/ and the Obama cartel.
I'm not a particular fan of the F/A 18, or the F-35s, but they played their parts well enough in the film. I still wanna know where they dug up that old F-14, though.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a good commentary on the technical aspect of the movie from pilots who actually teach here at Top Gun School in Fallon.

I'm privileged to witness a lot of their flying here in central NV. The USMC Strike Warfare school is also here. I sure miss the days of the Fallon Air Show, where the NAS-Fallon opened its gates to the public and flew these great aircraft. I was real impressed with a pilot "walking" a Tomcat years ago.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My wife and I saw it on the big screen yesterday afternoon. We weren't disappointed and really enjoyed it. We both thought it was better than the original. JMHO

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
They hit a home run with this movie, IMHO.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by luv2safari
This is a good commentary on the technical aspect of the movie from pilots who actually teach here at Top Gun School in Fallon.

I'm privileged to witness a lot of their flying here in central NV. The USMC Strike Warfare school is also here. I sure miss the days of the Fallon Air Show, where the NAS-Fallon opened its gates to the public and flew these great aircraft. I was real impressed with a pilot "walking" a Tomcat years ago.

Both of those guys came through here years ago as flight students. They do a good job with their critique.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Wilkeshunter: It IS better the SECOND time around!
I took the VarmintWife to this movie today and she REALLY enjoyed it - she was out on the coast when I first saw the movie on its opening night.
Even trying to be critical this viewing I enjoyed it much more than the first showing.
Apparently LOTS of people agree - it cost 170 Million dollars to make this movie and it has already brought in 435 million dollars as of today (June 4th) - and will probably break the 1/2 billion dollar mark this weekend.
Even though hollyweird is comprised of mostly liberal twits they still make the best movies, by FAR, on earth!
See it on the big screen and if possible see it twice.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Saw it Thursday. Really good movie, better than the original.
I normally find Tom Cruise a bit insufferable, but in his little monologue before the movie he (paraphrasing here) said he felt like they had made something sorta special. As far as sequels go, I’m inclined to agree.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Saw it tonight (at the drive-in, no less). Very well done. A throwback to 80s popcorn action flicks.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Priced it out for Monday night, me wife and kid, just $42 for XD. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wife and I saw it last night. While we both enjoyed it and thought it was good, we really liked the original better.
Just a different time and feel back then.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Thanks!

That was excellent. Definitely looking forward to it. We're not cinema folks, but, going for this movie.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm excited to hear some of you can scrounge up the cash to go see a fugking movie.

LOL

Great podcast with Jocko. A little more interesting than jorge's tear drops.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.