Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cool baseball Bruce!

Now that you're tired of that sport, here's one for you:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yep. The good ole days. Back when real men drove those real men muscle cars.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I quit watching back when a Dodge was no longer a Dodge or a Chevy a Chevy.

My sports refuge was baseball, but it's become so pussified now that I've lost interest, and I was a BIG fan. All the new rules the MLB Poofters' Association have leveraged changed the game into something I don't even recognize. ASSCAR has done the same and isn't a shadow of it's glory days.

Baseball from the 5th game of the 1956 World Series, signed by the Yankees, given to my pop at the game to give to me. Notice the pitcher's autograph...yep...it was a game ball from the historic game.

That is a piece of baseball history right there. Have you had it appraised? Its value is none of my business, I'm just curious if you've had it looked at. Not something you see every day.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by DMc
Wasn't it a Nascar event where FJB broke out?

That’s where it started.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All sports and racing is dropping like flies due to the woken idiots!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nollij
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I quit watching back when a Dodge was no longer a Dodge or a Chevy a Chevy.

My sports refuge was baseball, but it's become so pussified now that I've lost interest, and I was a BIG fan. All the new rules the MLB Poofters' Association have leveraged changed the game into something I don't even recognize. ASSCAR has done the same and isn't a shadow of it's glory days.

Baseball from the 5th game of the 1956 World Series, signed by the Yankees, given to my pop at the game to give to me. Notice the pitcher's autograph...yep...it was a game ball from the historic game.

That is a piece of baseball history right there. Have you had it appraised? Its value is none of my business, I'm just curious if you've had it looked at. Not something you see every day.

It was handed to me by Ty Cobb in my dad's office. Pop did real estate contracts for Cobb back then, when Cobb lived at Lake Tahoe. He gave Pop and the senior partner tickets to that game. Dad witnessed baseball history. I didn't realize who Cobb was back then, nor the significance of that ball. Reno in the 1950's and early 1960's was a real interesting town...Biggest Little City.

I sure prefer hockey to baseball now, and I was once a big racing fan in my late teens, through my twenties. I cobbled together a FAST TR3 that never held together very long. I couldn't afford a steel crankshaft for it.

Even hockey is becoming tamer, but the players are supreme athletes and tough as nails.

BTW: that's Don Larsen's autograph below Hank Bauer's under the lable.

Last edited by luv2safari; 06/02/22.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LGBTQ activists and woke millennial sheep do not follow stock car racing. Who exactly are they virtue signalling? NASCAR is in a death spiral.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I never watched it much, kinda boring to me, but lots of people live to watch it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s an awesome ball with such sentimental significance. What great memories of Reno back then. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,011
Posts18,520,664
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.