Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Based upon my years of experience as a public high school teacher, I would wager that a student, not a teacher, propped the door open. The high school I worked in has 124 doors, and the kids were always doing such things to cut time getting to the next class or smoke.

We had armed resource officers in the building, but only two with a population of 3,000+ students. There were instances of outside adults getting into the building (in search of sex with students). Another time a teacher mistook chalk dust in a baggie for anthrax. We had a lockdown until the State Police brought their mobile testing lab up from the State Capital, Trenton, about an hour away. It was a hot June day. Students and teachers were stuck wherever they happened to be when the lockdown was announced. Luckily, I was in an air conditioned empty classroom. The whole affair was quite the clusterfark. I am so glad I'm retired.

In the case of my school, the police department was right next door.

Special Ed students couldn't be punished for bad behavior until a "determination" meeting was held to decide if the behavior was a function of the kid's "disability". I taught Special Ed. That was 12 years ago. I can't imagine what nonsense federal education law has come up with since then.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I read recently the teacher ran back into the school and slammed the door. Supposedly verified by a surveillance cam and apparently was not secured after being slammed. Wonder if the school had undressed issues with security before the shooting?

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Based upon my years of experience as a public high school teacher, I would wager that a student, not a teacher, propped the door open. The high school I worked in has 124 doors, and the kids were always doing such things to cut time getting to the next class or smoke.

We had armed resource officers in the building, but only two with a population of 3,000+ students. There were instances of outside adults getting into the building (in search of sex with students). Another time a teacher mistook chalk dust in a baggie for anthrax. We had a lockdown until the State Police brought their mobile testing lab up from the State Capital, Trenton, about an hour away. It was a hot June day. Students and teachers were stuck wherever they happened to be when the lockdown was announced. Luckily, I was in an air conditioned empty classroom. The whole affair was quite the clusterfark. I am so glad I'm retired.

In the case of my school, the police department was right next door.

Special Ed students couldn't be punished for bad behavior until a "determination" meeting was held to decide if the behavior was a function of the kid's "disability". I taught Special Ed. That was 12 years ago. I can't imagine what nonsense federal education law has come up with since then.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by keith
This is going to sound strange, but the Supreme Court has ruled that the Police have no duty to put themselves in harms way.
LEO run into trouble when everyone else is running away. Job description.

Instead, Rangers should arrest the cowardly officers for "obstruction of justice" for preventing parents and other LEO agencies from going in there to resolve what the cowards refused to do.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Our radio system has the same feature. Once the emergency duress button on an Deputy's radio is activated, only that Deputy can speak. It over rides all other transmissions. It is a good thing and bad thing depending of the call we are on.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kappa8
Originally Posted by keith
This is going to sound strange, but the Supreme Court has ruled that the Police have no duty to put themselves in harms way.
LEO run into trouble when everyone else is running away. Job description.

Instead, Rangers should arrest the cowardly officers for "obstruction of justice" for preventing parents and other LEO agencies from going in there to resolve what the cowards refused to do.

What we need is a new law that established a positive duty to engage active shooters. Failure to do so carries a mandatory minimum of 10 years, and maximum penalty of life in prison.

For failing to engage active shooters in a k-12 school mandatory minimum of 20 years end eligible for the death penalty.

For this law there are no immunities nor excuses of any kind. No sovereign immunity, no qualified immunity, no Nuremburg defense.
Just a clear message to cops. Either you kills the school shooter, or we'll give you your due process, then we'll and kill you.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/03/22.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Everyone wants to be a cop until it's time to do cop chit.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We will never know, the FBI, LE and the media will make sure of it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Geno67
Ramos was known to be trouble. He got into fights, slashed his own face, told friends he hoped to join the military so he could kill people and posted multiple rape and death threats on the app Yubo. One girl reported him, but online harassment reports are probably common which led to these complaints not receiving a second glance. Where the line to inform authorities becomes clearer was when he posted pictures of bags of dead cats. He also drove around town shooting people with a BB gun. Texas courts consider BB guns as deadly weapons. Assault charges could have been filed, preventing Ramos from buying his weapons. There were plenty of laws that could have stopped this kid.

We’ve learned that a door was propped open or left unlocked at Robb Elementary School (the story keeps changing on what exactly happened), allowing the shooter to enter the building. We’ve also discovered the Uvalde police — despite well-established doctrine that a mass shooter must be confronted immediately by whoever is at hand — hung back for nearly an hour while children were murdered inside. We’ve seen chilling timelines showing repeated cellphone calls from students trapped inside, wondering why no one was coming to help. We’ve seen video of the police not simply failing to protect the children but blocking (and even arresting) parents who tried to get past them to help their kids. When a tactical response team from a nearby US Border Patrol unit showed up, the police even stopped it from going to the rescue right away.

The Uvalde police and school district are now stonewalling the investigation into their actions, refusing to cooperate with Texas authorities. Pete Arredondo, the police chief, hasn’t responded to investigators in days — though, incredibly, he did show up to get sworn in as a Uvalde city councilmember.

These children didn’t die because there’s some sort of dark moral stain on the American soul. They died because the people in charge of protecting them were cowards and frauds, and now those cowards and frauds are trying to avoid responsibility.

We saw the same thing with the Parkland school shooting in Broward County, Fla., where once again a dangerous student was repeatedly let off the hook by fashionably lax disciplinary policies until he committed mass murder. Then, when he did, the police were cowards who hid outside. There too, we were told that the real problem was a moral failing on the part of the hundreds of millions of Americans who were not involved, rather than on the part of the shooter and those who enabled him.

The folks in charge are free to be failures, incompetents and worse with virtually no risk of accountability.

The clusterfark in Uvalde is just a symptom of a much bigger pathology. It is a symbol of the failure of every institution in our society. And the solution is never to revamp the institutions and eject the parasites heading them. It’s always — always — to take power from us and give it to the people who screwed up in the first place.

It seems like these killers — Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz and Uvalde shooter Salvador Ramos, among many others — were known to be problems well before but weren’t properly dealt with. Then, once the shooting started, the police hid behind cars and let children die. Forget the thin blue line — in Uvalde, as in Broward, it was a thin yellow line.

But I don’t mean to just pick on cops. A year ago, the US embassy in Kabul was flying a Pride flag. A few months later, there was no US embassy in Kabul, as the United States made a humiliating withdrawal, a military defeat of cosmic proportions. Just this week, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted that she had been “wrong” on the threat posed by inflation. Last year she had said, “I think there’s a small risk, and I think it’s manageable.” One of her top jobs is to control inflation. Everyone with a brain saw it coming in the wake of the Trump and Biden administration’s reckless spending. But she didn’t, or pretended that she didn’t, and now Americans are paying top prices for gas, groceries and all the necessities of life. Yellen hasn’t stepped down. She hasn’t even really apologized.

Our ruling class keeps failing, and somehow it’s supposed to be because of Americans’ moral failings. But if Americans have a moral failing, it’s in tolerating rule by the cast of clowns in charge of our institutions.

another comment of well said..

but even further, that is not being addressed in my opinion..

This entire event was SET UP by the DNCC... Uvalde was probably picked due it having people in that school LE group that would cooperate, and would also be guaranteed to be protected during the fall out... these things always seem to be a real comedy of errors.. convenient errors, yet no one ever thinks they were planned and orchestrated....

This entire incident was a staged political show, and this Ramos kid was just recruited to be the actor on stage...It had a precise wanted outcome, and it was played to the exact point desired, by those who were suppose to respond to prevent loss of life, now allow it to happen for political convenient of the DnCC....

Why do these things always happen in bursts, as soon as the DnCC is focusing on Gun Control once again, to pull all of their other screw ups off the lead stories on the evening news? Its not about run away inflation, high fuel prices, high food prices, planned shortages etc because now we have "another mass shooting" happened today at this place... and the places they are covering are all fitting a planned agenda against guns..

its not safe to go to the supermarket, your kids are safe going to school, you older children aren't safe going to a church religious meeting... what's next on their agenda for the upcoming week end...the entire thing is orchestrated and why is the American public seeing it? Because there is still the stupid concept " it can't happen here" even tho it plays out right in front of our eyes...How convenient for the DNCC....

Our children, our seniors, our neighbors, our loved ones, are being killed on our streets, in our neighborhoods all across the nation daily..
yet no one sees this happening when the democRats want to take up gun control... gun control is their response to all their screw ups they are being hit with nightly on the evening news by the press....communism 101.. create a bigger problem and suddenly you won't be getting attacked for all of your failures... Advance dynamics of 'blaming the other side"... Communism 101 once again...

is the DNCC that insulated from being accused of their dirty deeds? is it alright with the American public for them to kill people and our loved ones on our streets, for their political convenience?

why can we accept readily when we see this stuff happen in other nations, but then are blind to why it is happening when it is right within our own borders?

the public just continually follows this hook line and sinker...

so if we all get rid of any type of firearm, and just all vote democRat... is this going to end? Sure it will... for a while, until they need to fool us all again with some other shenanigans or prank....

The REAL enemy to this nation is the DNCC... right within our own ranks.. tearing this nation down, one brick at a time...

and time is what they have plenty of, on their hands...

remember, even doing nothing is an action and response folks....chose wisely.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 12 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.