Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Chevy dealer friend said the new model is produce fewer and sell for more. Expect to order your new vehicle instead picking one out of many at the dealership.

Don't be counting on seeing chips soon... The majority for autos come out of China and Taiwan. And China presently has no interest in getting them here.

Last edited by battue; 06/07/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Anytime big industry can find an excuse to raise prices, I think they always will!

This is what a communist think. The real cause is the trillions of deficit spending, ie waste. Blame the progressive fascists ie Brandon el al..

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If fuel prices stay this high, yeah. Demand will drop and prices will follow.

All those folks that dropped $20k+, or worse….took out a loan, for clapped out 25-30 year old diesels with 1/4 million miles are getting fugged.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Anytime big industry can find an excuse to raise prices, I think they always will!

Perhaps you would prefer the government takes over the car manufacturers and sets reasonable pricing? Or at minimum tell them what they can charge?

Big capitalism PO's more than a few here....The government needs step in... laugh

Last edited by battue; 06/07/22.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, mine's for sale, 2012 F150 Lariat 4WD, White, leather, 5.0

Last edited by 257Bob; 06/07/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My business demands a heavy duty truck that can tow 25k. I will lose more money with an unreliable worn out truck than I'll lose dropping 80k on a new one.
If I didn't need a 1 ton, I would happily drive a half tom pickup. Guys driving around town in a lifted f350 that will never see anything over 7k towing are idiots.
If they were available, I'd buy 2 brand new f350s with utility beds for my workers. Guess I'm an idiot x3. Used trucks just don't pencil right now. 5 years ago they did.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by battue

Perhaps you would prefer the government takes over the car manufacturers and sets reasonable pricing? Or at minimum tell them what they can charge?

Big capitalism PO's more than a few here....The government needs step in... laugh

Good answer, the last thing we need is the government involved in auto pricing.
When “cash for clunkers” happened, you/we bought a lot of new cars for people. That program was a big scam, as are most government programs.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by LoadClear
The day when people bought trucks with seats that blew hot/cold air up into the taint was the end of pickups.

I had to special order a base model truck with vinyl flooring, a payload and towing package, and manual everything except locks and windows. Everyone asked me “why buy a new truck- why not used?” Well hell, try to find a used pickup without it being a floating couch with twat conditioning?

As far as the market now… yeah, you’re screwed.

That is a big part of the issue. If you take the aforementioned 28K basic Ram truck that is roughly the equivalent of spending about 4k in 1970 which is probably jogging along with the inflation rate. But all trucks were work trucks back then more or less. A new Cadillac/Lincoln probably cost 12k and that is what luxury trucks are the equivalent of now. 12k x 7 is 84k and there you are.

The other thing is that everyone loves trucks now as opposed to 1970 when only people who needed them for work drove them for the most part.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RUM7
My business demands a heavy duty truck that can tow 25k. I will lose more money with an unreliable worn out truck than I'll lose dropping 80k on a new one.
If I didn't need a 1 ton, I would happily drive a half tom pickup. Guys driving around town in a lifted f350 that will never see anything over 7k towing are idiots.
If they were available, I'd buy 2 brand new f350s with utility beds for my workers. Guess I'm an idiot x3. Used trucks just don't pencil right now. 5 years ago they did.

Makes a pile of sense. I traded my 14 Ram 3500 in 2020 for a 2020 3500 just before stuff went nuts. I have a 26ft GN I use to move my tractor around and misc crap, a 43ft toyhauler and a 20ft enclosed that get pulled with the Ram. If there isn't a trailer hooked to the Ram I barely drive it. I drive the little Colorado with the Duramax daily and love it. Easy on fuel, even with the silly prices and much easier to dart in and around everyday crap.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got two 1/2 ton 4×4s and a car. All have V8 engines. Wouldn't mind having a Toyota camry just for mpg. Can't really afford insurance on another vehicle

Romans 5:1
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by battue

Good answer, the last thing we need is the government involved in auto pricing.
When “cash for clunkers” happened, you/we bought a lot of new cars for people. That program was a big scam, as are most government programs.

First thing they could do would be close down the Lordstown, Ohio facility and move it closer to the beltway. Who needs to hire that many people in Ohio?😂

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Teal
Economic downturn.

They won't get cheaper but they'll not go up as fast and then hopefully wages and the like rise to where 50k for a truck is about the same % of your income as the 10k truck was back when Wabi was just 60.

As to "idiots buying them keeping prices high" - 70k for a truck that lasts 3x as long as the old 40k trucks? It's a better deal and just because Bob can afford it - doesn't mean Dave should be pissed.
I agree they won't get cheaper. But thinking they will last, three times longer than older pickups is ludicrous. I would bet, they cost three times more to repair, than older pickups.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The 'sticker' won't drop, just the actual selling price.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Teal
Economic downturn.

They won't get cheaper but they'll not go up as fast and then hopefully wages and the like rise to where 50k for a truck is about the same % of your income as the 10k truck was back when Wabi was just 60.

As to "idiots buying them keeping prices high" - 70k for a truck that lasts 3x as long as the old 40k trucks? It's a better deal and just because Bob can afford it - doesn't mean Dave should be pissed.
I agree they won't get cheaper. But thinking they will last, three times longer than older pickups is ludicrous. I would bet, they cost three times more to repair, than older pickups.

I like my odds of a 2020 truck seeing 200k without major issues over a 1990 truck making it to 200k without major issues. In the entire family - Ford, Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler - I can't remember anyone having a repair bill that wasn't tire replacement over 300 dollars since I was 16, almost 30 years ago. Maintenance work - yes. Tie rods/wheel bearings on Chevys etc but not "damn, truck broke down, drag it in on a hook" type of failures.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RUM7

In your case you actually need and use a new pickup, that makes sense.

But yeah, those buying a new F350 King Ranch to drive around like a glorified car, more money than brains.

I have a cousin that recently pimped out a custom ordered F350, aftermarket wheels, bumper grill guard, etc.

Over $110K so far, that and a custom built 40' snow mobile trailer to haul his custom dual turbo sleds. Fuucker is gonna have $200k into all of it...lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if they ever catch up on the chips, and get a lot of these trucks on lots for sale, I wonder if that will bring down prices? I saw a pic awhile back of Ford trucks on a plant lot. There had to be at least 400 to 500 sitting there waiting on chips.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What chips, you people still believe that it is actually chips slowing this show down!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The big push for auto makers are ev's now and they use twice as many chips as a gas powered vehicle so don't look for prices to ever return to normal

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 43 invisible), 1,780 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.