Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The two biggest mistakes in purchasing a home is:

1. Not using a third party home inspector - and never, ever, ever use the one your realtor recommends.
2. Not reading and comprehending the HOA covenants, balance sheet, and planned assessments.

HOAs have extraordinary power over you. Better understand what you're about to get into. From my experience, the smaller the HOA, the more draconian and ridiculous they become. And watch the hell out for Property Owners’ Associations (POAs). They have the power to evict you from your home for noncompliance and past due fees and assessments.

THIS. HOA's are where the KARENs proliferate...

How many people are you gonna accuse of being a "kook" today?

LOL

You're the definition of a Karen.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
I have successfully avoided HOAs to this point in my life but I do have to wonder how many of you would be on the phone with your city or county if somebody parked Cousin Eddy's RV in front of your house and told you he isn't moving it.

Because make no mistake, that (or similar) is what caused most HOAs.

Pussies.

Just say you don't want me living next to you.

You don't want me living next to you.

Happy?

I would be better to live next to than The Chad.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Odd, I live in a development with an HOA but instead of complaining I became the President and modified the rules to my liking. I keep getting reelected so the majority agree with my leadership. I did threaten to turn off a member's water but then he hadn't paid his bill in a year. And I've been call a prick because I told a neighbor he couldn't plow his driveway and leave the snow in the road, told him next time he would get to speak with the sheriff. I like our HOA along with our private road district, and yes, I manage all the road work.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I would be better to live next to than The Chad.

LOL

The Chad and effort didn't mix too well:

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How to get back at your HOA. Since you can't have a garden but you can have flowers plant cotton and okra in the front yard.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
How to get back at your HOA. Since you can't have a garden but you can have flowers plant cotton and okra in the front yard.

Flax, I like the pretty blue flowers........

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Kinda like Huntsman’s saying about everybody wants to do cowboy stuff until it’s time to do cowboy stuff.

Everybody wants to live in the country until the neighbors want to do country stuff. Oh no! My neighbors have a goat or a coon hound. Oh no! The neighbors shoot cans out behind their barn while I was trying to take a nap after my bubble bath. Oh goodness! Those pesky neighbors have chickens and ducks. The nerve of some people! Those hicks were working on a pickup out in front of their house.

I know let’s elect a bunch of dogooder Karens into a more restrictive government than the already restrictive state, federal, and local governments we pretend to hate so we can teach them a lesson. Good call

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HOAs are governed entities and have to follow rules and state laws.

1. Read the bylaws and covenants on file at register of deeds. Unless on file not enforceable. Read and learn.

2. HOAs are corporations just like GM and state corporation laws have mandates for them to follow.

3. Your right to review all records, board minutes etc. Particular is financial. Any question on some bylaw ask to see minutes where voters approved it. Most bylaws fo not allow board to make rules without voter approval.

Most issues are HOA NAZIS acting outside official on file rules and bylaws. On that case the mandatory "Direcocter and Officer" liability insurance policy will not cover them.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 06/13/22.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
HOA equals the neighborhood Taliban.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BountyHunter

1. Read the bylaws and covenants on file at register of deeds. Unless on file not enforceable. Read and learn.

2. HOAs are corporations just like GM and state corporation laws have mandates for them to follow.

3. Your right to review all records, board minutes etc. Particular is financial. Any question on some bylaw ask to see minutes where voters approved it. Most bylaws fo not allow board to make rules without voter approval.

Most issues are HOA NAZIS acting outside official on file rules and bylaws. On that case the mandatory "Direcocter and Officer" liability insurance policy will not cover them.
There's a large variation in enforcement. Some officers will allow anything until it's far enough outside of the rules to affect others. Others will crack down on even the slightest perceived infraction, like the size of a flag measured down to the nearest inch. There's a lot of space in between.
There was one near here that I knew about. The rules allowed yard sales. However, 1 house had a yard sale that was every weekend for 2 years until the HOA shut it down.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by TheKid
Kinda like Huntsman’s saying about everybody wants to do cowboy stuff until it’s time to do cowboy stuff.

Everybody wants to live in the country until the neighbors want to do country stuff. Oh no! My neighbors have a goat or a coon hound. Oh no! The neighbors shoot cans out behind their barn while I was trying to take a nap after my bubble bath. Oh goodness! Those pesky neighbors have chickens and ducks. The nerve of some people! Those hicks were working on a pickup out in front of their house.

I know let’s elect a bunch of dogooder Karens into a more restrictive government than the already restrictive state, federal, and local governments we pretend to hate so we can teach them a lesson. Good call

Yep.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you get your permit for that structure?

How do you get 7,000 bats inside before they take it down?

Last edited by ConradCA; 06/13/22.

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm appreciating the replies here, but it leaves me wondering if there is anyone here who actually knows how to GET RID of a HOA?

As in terminating it as a legal entity, dis-associating the association, wiping it off the books?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
As I look forward to joining the ranks of the senior citizens, I have been contemplating a move to town but I'm not sure I can handle it. It has been 32 years since I have lived in town. I can shoot in my back yard, I can pee where I like. I can dig a hole if I want and fill it up. There is a trade-off though; I have to look after myself. I have to maintain my road, haul my own trash, and deal with problems which may arise. For now, I'm OK with it. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BountyHunter

good factual post.... I defeated my HOA because they were violating the by laws... read them, understand them.
I even used them to get me and my immediate neighbors out of the HOA

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by czech1022
I'm appreciating the replies here, but it leaves me wondering if there is anyone here who actually knows how to GET RID of a HOA?

As in terminating it as a legal entity, dis-associating the association, wiping it off the books?

I did it. Took me several years, mainly to get my neighbors to agree... the key is to read the bylaws, ours had a provision to succeed, we did it with amendments, no lawyers required.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

If I move in next to the Clampetts, that is on me.

I should be able to move into a place where I do not have to worry about the Clampetts moving in next to me.

Some folks don't want to live next to a flea-ridden junkyard with baying hounds.

HOA's exist for a reason, and people put up with them for a reason.

Maybe baying hounds running all over the place don't bother you, just like ghetto POS loud car music doesn't bother those playing it. I don't want others disturbing my peaceful enjoyment and I won't disturb theirs. HOA's are the only sure way to maintain status-quo.

I don't live in one, and I don't like them, but I know why they exist.

Last edited by plumbum; 06/13/22.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I don't know why anyone would willingly invite more government control into their lives, that's their choice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plumbum

If I move in next to the Clampetts, that is on me.

I should be able to move into a place where I do not have to worry about the Clampetts moving in next to me.

Some folks don't want to live next to a flea-ridden junkyard with baying hounds.

HOA's exist for a reason, and people put up with them for a reason.

Maybe baying hounds running all over the place don't bother you, just like ghetto POS loud car music doesn't bother those playing it. I don't want others disturbing my peaceful enjoyment and I won't disturb theirs. HOA's are the only sure way to maintain status-quo.

I don't live in one, and I don't like them, but I know why they exist.

You are the perfect HOA Nazi.... congrats
Buy enough land so the hillbillies don't bother you or stfu... peasant

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
I don't know why anyone would willingly invite more government control into their lives, that's their choice.

Welcome back Scott.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,826 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.