Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
I don't know why anyone would willingly invite more government control into their lives, that's their choice.

Welcome back Scott.

Good catch. It's Steelhead no doubt.

Rick must’ve played whack a mole with JakeDog already. 😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem shooter
I wonder if this would really work ,against the dreaded Home Owners Assoc.

This appears to be working cool But its pro-police so I dunno if it applies to 'Fire members.

Neighbors put up Blue Line flags after HOA tells man to take his down.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HOAs are GREAT!

They allow for all the dipschit idiots that suffer control issues and other mental illnesses to cluster together in one spot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HOA's attract the most miserable [bleep] imaginable..... anyone defending them here is probably a miserable [bleep]!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
HOA's attract the most miserable [bleep] imaginable..... anyone defending them here is probably a miserable [bleep]!

They are for prissy metro(at best)sexuals with money. They can buy their little lot of grass with a spec home in a cute little neighborhood and gossip about the unwashed hordes at their HOA meetings while sipping wine and choking on côck.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cant believe Rick bleeps out koksucker

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

HOAs are gayer than a grown man in shorts and flip flops.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

HOAs are gayer than a grown man in shorts and flip flops.

Plumbum disapproves of this message.... wink
oh and can't leave out Paul

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Valsdad
As long as they are clean and quiet, I don't care who moves in.

Please define "clean" and "quiet"?

I use the ordinary dictionary definitions, there for you to find.

Which one of these definitions do you prefer...........or perhaps all of them?
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/quiet

1. Making or characterized by little or no noise: a quiet library; a quiet street; a quiet, well tuned engine.
2.a. Free of turmoil and agitation; calm: a quiet lake; a quiet place in the country.
b. Providing or allowing relaxation; restful; soothing: a quiet afternoon nap; a quiet tune on the flute.
3. Not showy or bright; subdued: a room decorated in quiet colors.
4. Restrained, as in style; understated: a quiet strength; a quiet life.
5. Out of public scrutiny; known or discussed by few: wanted to keep the incident quiet until after the election.

Perhaps #3? No good having the neighbors move in and paint their new house canary yellow with puce trim.

Or perhaps #1. No rugrats......them things are SO noisy, What with playing, inviting friends over, then they have a birthday party with those dang Bouncy Houses and a clown.

Same for clean, which one do you like?

1. Free from dirt, stain, or impurities; unsoiled: a clean kitchen floor; clean clothes.

2.a. Free from foreign matter or pollution; unadulterated: clean air; clean drinking water.
b. Not infected: a clean wound.

3.a. Producing relatively little pollution: a clean fuel; a cleaner, more efficient engine.
b. Producing relatively little radioactive fallout or contamination: a clean nuclear bomb.

4. Having no imperfections or blemishes; regular or even: a clean edge; a smooth, clean joint.

5.a. Not ornate or intricate; spare: "the clean lines and exquisite proportions of early modernism" (Judith Thurman).
b. Sharply defined; clear-cut: a clean outline against the sky.

6. Free from clumsiness; deft; adroit: a clean throw.

7. Devoid of restrictions or encumbrances: a clean bill of health.

8. Thorough; complete: a clean getaway.

9. Having few alterations or corrections; legible: clean manuscript.

10. Blank: a clean page.

11.a. Morally pure; virtuous: led a clean life.
b. Having no marks of discredit or offense: a clean voting record.

12. Fit for all readers, listeners, or audiences; not ribald or obscene: a clean joke.

13. Honest or fair: a clean fighter; a clean competition.

14. Slang
a. Not carrying concealed weapons or drugs.
b. Innocent of a suspected crime.

15. Informal
a. Free from narcotics addiction.
b. Showing no evidence of using banned or performance-enhancing substances: proven to be clean before the race.

I'm wondering if you prefer neighbors of the #11 type?
Or is it #1.
You know, those folks that wash their cars weekly, edge the lawn and sweep up the trimmings (not just blow it into the street with one of those machines)

See, there's the problem with the HOA types..............differing definitions of "clean and quiet"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
Kinda like Huntsman’s saying about everybody wants to do cowboy stuff until it’s time to do cowboy stuff.

Everybody wants to live in the country until the neighbors want to do country stuff. Oh no! My neighbors have a goat or a coon hound. Oh no! The neighbors shoot cans out behind their barn while I was trying to take a nap after my bubble bath. Oh goodness! Those pesky neighbors have chickens and ducks. The nerve of some people! Those hicks were working on a pickup out in front of their house.

I know let’s elect a bunch of dogooder Karens into a more restrictive government than the already restrictive state, federal, and local governments we pretend to hate so we can teach them a lesson. Good call

If I move in next to the Clampetts, that is on me.

I should be able to move into a place where I do not have to worry about the Clampetts moving in next to me.

Some folks don't want to live next to a flea-ridden junkyard with baying hounds.

HOA's exist for a reason, and people put up with them for a reason.

Maybe baying hounds running all over the place don't bother you, just like ghetto POS loud car music doesn't bother those playing it. I don't want others disturbing my peaceful enjoyment and I won't disturb theirs. HOA's are the only sure way to maintain status-quo.

I don't live in one, and I don't like them, but I know why they exist.
Is it only hillbilly types that can’t move in next to you or does it apply to blacks, Mexicans, and Indians too?

Homosexual.

Black?

Mexican?

Irish?

What about them?

They're OK if they're clean and quiet?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
If I move in next to the Clampetts, that is on me.

I should be able to move into a place where I do not have to worry about the Clampetts moving in next to me.

Some folks don't want to live next to a flea-ridden junkyard with baying hounds.

HOA's exist for a reason, and people put up with them for a reason.

Maybe baying hounds running all over the place don't bother you, just like ghetto POS loud car music doesn't bother those playing it. I don't want others disturbing my peaceful enjoyment and I won't disturb theirs. HOA's are the only sure way to maintain status-quo.

I don't live in one, and I don't like them, but I know why they exist.
Is it only hillbilly types that can’t move in next to you or does it apply to blacks, Mexicans, and Indians too?

Homosexual.

Black?

Mexican?

Irish?

What about them?

They're OK if they're clean and quiet?

Why would they not be and why do you keep carving out those three groups of people? Why are you separating by ethnicity?

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
See, there's the problem with the HOA types..............differing definitions of "clean and quiet"

1) You are conflating my appreciation for clean and quiet, with whatever you define as "HOA types."

How do you define "HOA types"?

2) HOA's necessarily define their standards of conduct. There is no need to satisfy your opinion on the matter. The members go in with eyes open, and everything spelled out. That is not a problem.

Last edited by plumbum; 06/14/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

1) You are conflating my appreciation for clean and quiet, with whatever you define as "HOA types."

2) HOA's necessarily define their standards of conduct. There is no need to satisfy your opinion on the matter. The members go in with eyes open, and everything spelled out. That is not a problem.

If everything were spelled out, and everyone had their eyes open..............................

why are there always problems and why so much discussion on a board like this?

Just like dang near every time some legislative body passes a new law/code/ restriction, no one knows what it actually means until it's been taken to court and "interpreted" by a judge or jury.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wrong... yet again. The main problem being control freaks that bend or flat out defy the rules due to their need to control. I lived it and battled it for several years and won.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

If everything were spelled out, and everyone had their eyes open..............................

Just like dang near every time some legislative body passes a new law/code/ restriction, no one knows what it actually means until it's been taken to court and "interpreted" by a judge or jury.

Well you keep dragging race into it, there being some relationship in your mind between cleanliness, quietude, blacks, Mexicans, and Irish.

Please provides us with examples of that.

Please define "no one knows what it actually means."

Last edited by plumbum; 06/14/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well you keep dragging race into it, there being some relationship in your mind between cleanliness, quietude, blacks, Mexicans, and Irish.
NO, I don't

I have no issues with any race.

I was following up on The Kid's question in regards to your comment about not having the "Clampetts" move in next to you.

You're not following along.

If you'll not tolerate the Clampetts (hillbillies with flea ridden baying hounds?) moving in, as The Kid put it to you

So, is it only a question of "clean and quiet", or are there other pecadillos besides noisy baying hounds and dirty hillbillies that you need protection from?

In it is contentment

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had a boss once who lived in a place that required all vehicles to be parked in garages every night. Nothing in the driveway and for damned-sure certain nothing parked on the street overnight. I've got a "work car" my pickup for hunting/pulling the boat/assorted pickup-type chores, momma has a car, and I inherited my dad's street-rod when he passed away. 4 cars between 2 of us and the 2 kids aren't driving yet. 4-5years from now I'd need a 6-car garage to be in compliance. Here's a real catch-22 in that situation. You want to go fishing early in the AM. Can't leave the boat/truck hooked-up on the street the night before, and even a quiet diesel is bound to wake up someone @ 5:00AM as you're hooking up to leave.

I wonder what they'd say when I used my 20V impact to swap from winter to summer tires on 3 vehicles out in the driveway? I supposed they'd be aghast that my 9 and 13yr old girls can do everything to change a tire except lift the new one onto the studs, child labor laws or some-such.

We live in town in a modest neighborhood, have great neighbors, and no HOA. We're very fortunate.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are you clean and quiet though? wink

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you clean and quiet though? wink

Brother Geno.... I am shocked to learn you are a racist..... damn never saw that coming... smile smile
Didn't Biden call Barrak a clean negro?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
What is this HOA of which you speak?

An insurance policy against this becoming your neighbor.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you're worried about what's in your neighbors's yard, your lot is too small.

Yeah, 80+, rural acres is about right !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cheers !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.