Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Found a guy dead in a ditch one night that had crashed his motorcycle on a curve in the road. Guess he tried taking it too fast? Took a pretty hard impact to his head. It wasn’t pretty!

I also lost one of my best friends years ago to a motorcycle accident. Guy turned right in front of him and claims he never seen him due to the sun in his eyes. Buddy went through his windshield. It was terrible!

I’ve still rode motorcycles over the years but have gave them up as I got older and had a kid … the kid made me start thinking twice about being on one and I started not enjoying it so it was time to walk away from them. I now get my wind therapy from a Jeep.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
As gruesome as all these stories are, I would rather go that way than drooling with a diaper in a bed unable to remember what I had for lunch.

As Kurt Cobain said - "It's better to burn out than to fade away."

The issue is it is pretty easy to end up in a wheelchair after a serious wreck. And you better have good insurance because most insurance companies offer little to any medical coverage with bike policies.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last dead guy I saw was back in '70. At least that's the last one I saw that was in one piece.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I once dug a little old grandmother out of the basement of a burned down house.

She was fall off the bone tender...whole hog bbq style.

I never lived in a house ever again after that.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Last edited by SquibLoadMatch; 06/13/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I’ll take an experimental Vaccine provided by a huge international conglomerate that was granted full immunity against any liability for complications that may arise due to said vaccine…..
but No way in hell I’d get on a motorcycle. JFC. There’s a lot of people that go through life doing everything they can to make sure they never live.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It happens.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
As gruesome as all these stories are, I would rather go that way than drooling with a diaper in a bed unable to remember what I had for lunch.

The issue is it is pretty easy to end up in a wheelchair after a serious wreck. And you better have good insurance because most insurance companies offer little to any medical coverage with bike policies.

Yeah that's the thing.

The second half of the video below is rider perspective footage of a guy "lucky" to survive:

Not like the bike crashes in the good old days:

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA

+1

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I’ll take an experimental Vaccine provided by a huge international conglomerate that was granted full immunity against any liability for complications that may arise due to said vaccine…..
but No way in hell I’d get on a motorcycle. JFC. There’s a lot of people that go through life doing everything they can to make sure they never live.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
No need for fear of motorcycles. People die every day, of every thing. Doesn't matter what they are driving when it comes to highway deaths. From the biggest to the smallest of vehicles.

I commute to work on a bike every single day the weather allows. I know where most of the danger comes from and I look for it. I even expect it. I don't take my eyes off the road. I'm not scared of riding a bike.

By and large, motorcycle fatalities are tied to alcohol, which is never going to mix well with any vehicle. Add in doing stuff you shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Bikes aren't that much more likely to be in an accident than anything else as long as you are doing your part. Get lazy or complacent, or just stupid, and you won't be riding for long.

I know a few guys who get on the motorcycles are dangerous rant, but mostly their wives told them they couldn't have one. They also have man caves and most likely piss sitting down.

Used to think somewhat along those lines. Somewhat. Thing I saw would have been a fender bender with a car, not the man's last joy ride. Lots of different places and infinite situations out there, and some of your comments reek of pure ignorance, or possibly denial, by and large. YRMV

No, I just don't fear things like some do. I have far more risk in my life than just riding a bike. Ignorance? Not hardly. I've been on a bike since the late 80s. I've worked in a hospital since the mid 90s and seen plenty of motorcycle accident patients. Denial? No, I take risk mitigation seriously. I do dangerous stuff all the time. Far more than just riding a bike. I don't take anything lightly. I know full well the risks I take.
I should probably stop flying too, cause that's bound to be dangerous. Specially landing on dirt and grass strips or my gosh, water. Should probably stay out of the mountains at my age too. Who knows when I'll have a heart attack doing the things I love.
Live your life, or get out of the way of those who do. If you're scared to ride because someone got in an accident, you probably don't want to see how many people died today in vehicles with 4 wheels on the ground.

It's your life. Live it the way that makes you happy. I'll do the things I do until I can't. None of us are getting out alive, whether you stay on the couch or not.
The quote below is what reads as wayy fuucking ignorant to me, you say you're not, so it must be denial, imo. Fact is, and you damned well know it, people get fuucked by other's actions on motorcycles - often in situations where chances of survival without serious life-altering injury would have much higher in a cage. Like getting clipped in traffic as the guy I saw did. Not all, and hopefully not you, but a lot of guys get fuucked up needlessly on bikes. Been riding since the 70s. BFD

"By and large, motorcycle fatalities are tied to alcohol, which is never going to mix well with any vehicle. Add in doing stuff you shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Bikes aren't that much more likely to be in an accident than anything else as long as you are doing your part. Get lazy or complacent, or just stupid, and you won't be riding for long."

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by JeffA

+1

I believe that is actually a line to "My, My, Hey, Hey (Out of the Blue)" by Canadian favorite son, Neil Young, may his Spotify rest in peace. Not KC.

The way life should be.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[quote=MtnBoomer][quote=Kodiakisland]No need for fear of motorcycles. People die every day, of every thing. Doesn't matter what they are driving when it comes to highway deaths. From the biggest to the smallest of vehicles.

I commute to work on a bike every single day the weather allows. I know where most of the danger comes from and I look for it. I even expect it. I don't take my eyes off the road. I'm not scared of riding a bike.

By and large, motorcycle fatalities are tied to alcohol, which is never going to mix well with any vehicle. Add in doing stuff you shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Bikes aren't that much more likely to be in an accident than anything else as long as you are doing your part. Get lazy or complacent, or just stupid, and you won't be riding for long.

I know a few guys who get on the motorcycles are dangerous rant, but mostly their wives told them they couldn't have one. They also have man caves and most likely piss sitting down.

Used to think somewhat along those lines. Somewhat. Thing I saw would have been a fender bender with a car, not the man's last joy ride. Lots of different places and infinite situations out there, and some of your comments reek of pure ignorance, or possibly denial, by and large. YRMV

Alcohol related motorcycle fatality rates are about the same as cars, 27% vs. 23%.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

He's dead Jim.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see dead people quite often. Not necessarily in a trauma scene though.

I am a pillar of my community and quite often am asked to be a pall bearer or honorary pall bearer.

Go to many funerals. Usually 1-2 a month. Know A LOT of people. Church, business community, govt offices, regular folks, neighbors.

Used to have service maintenance contracts on two funeral mortuaries.

I don’t sit around and suck ice cream and play golf, watch Channel Zero for 8 hours a day and go to a funeral once every 30 years. I get out and get around. i am respectful to my associations.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Funeral Friday.
First one for 2022.
Had four last yr.

Avg about 3 a yr, those the ones I can get to or hear about in time.

Worked at a large place for a few yrs so know/ knew a ton of people.

Am not retired.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/14/22.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I see dead people quite often. Not necessarily in a trauma scene though.

I am a pillar of my community and quite often am asked to be a pall bearer or honorary pall bearer.

Go to many funerals. Usually 1-2 a month. Know A LOT of people. Church, business community, govt offices, regular folks, neighbors.

Used to have service maintenance contracts on two funeral mortuaries.

I don’t sit around and suck ice cream and play golf, watch Channel Zero for 8 hours a day and go to a funeral once every 30 years. I get out and get around. i am respectful to my associations.

Ph ucking A!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I was the 1st driver to pull up on 2 fatal car crashes. All teenagers. The 1st one ran a stop sign and was t-boned. Left rear passenger was dead. Right rear lost a mouth full of teeth but otherwise seemed OK. The 2 in the front were conscious, but in shock. Couldn't do much for them until the FD cut them out. They took both of them out in helicopters.

The 2nd was 4 teens driving home from school too fast on a narrow country road. Right tires fell off the shoulder, driver overcorrected and rolled a 1990's Chevy Blazer multiple times. Driver wasn't buckled, thrown out and rolled over. DOA. The other 3 kids were buckled and didn't get a scratch. Were released to their parents from the scene. I knew all 4 kids, parents and extended family. That one hurt.

I also volunteer with a local SAR team. I've pulled 3 bodies out of rivers and put 4 others in body bags that we found. All were either overdoses or suicides.

I watched my mom take her last breath. Dad's death was unexpected, and we didn't get to the hospital until after he was gone.

But seeing my 8-year-old grandson in a casket was the toughest.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have been on plenty of crime scenes as a detective and dead caucasians always bothered me but not dead people of african heritage. Weird because I am not a stereotypical racist and have lived overseas amongst all flavors at one time or another.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When I was 19 one of my best friends died in an MVA. Hit his head just enough. Open casket. As we were leaving the church another friend turned to me and said, “Well, I guess we’re not immortal anymore.”

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 257_X_50, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1minute, 65 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,563
Posts18,473,191
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.