Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqktards,

You gals Googled yourselves...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you Fhuqktards can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
gunkchunt,

Your Drooling Brokedicktitude is HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you Fhuqktards Google a "clue". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

What can you Minimum Wage Retards do? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!!..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hey Little Stick, are you still "wondering" whether your 2.600" cartridge will fit in a 2.5" NULA Model 20 Short magazine? I can't believe anyone could be so dumb.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Be SURE to cite your Dumbfhuqktitude aloud,as you "navigate" yourRetardation. Hint.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of the reasons the .270 became popular was because the recoil with a 130 grain projectile was a lot less than a 180 grain projectile out of a .30-06 case. It was found that most hunters could place their bullets better on distant game with the mild recoiling .270. So how does the 190 grain projectile from the .280 case, which is a necked down .30-06 case compare in terms of recoil to a 180 grain .30-06 projectile? And another reason the .270 became popular was because you could hold dead on out to 300 yards and hold on the backbone at 350 yards if you sighted the .270 3" high at 100 yards. So in other words it has a very good maximum point blank range. How is the MPBR with a 190 grain .280 projectile? And of course there's that saying bullets matter more than cases, so why doesn't Little Stick discuss terminal performance when he talks about these high bc match projectiles? I suppose metal plates and cardboard targets don't need to be killed. And Little Stick still hasn't answered my question on another thread, about how he gets any relevant hunting experience with each of his rifles when he has so many of them, and so many different projectiles for each rifle...unless they're mainly for the photographs to display on the internet forums.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Simply pardon wares that exist and paragraphs,you Drooling Dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
One of the reasons the .270 became popular was because the recoil with a 130 grain projectile was a lot less than a 180 grain projectile out of a .30-06 case. It was found that most hunters could place their bullets better on distant game with the mild recoiling .270. So how does the 190 grain projectile from the .280 case, which is a necked down .30-06 case compare in terms of recoil to a 180 grain .30-06 projectile? And another reason the .270 became popular was because you could hold dead on out to 300 yards and hold on the backbone at 350 yards if you sighted the .270 3" high at 100 yards. So in other words it has a very good maximum point blank range. How is the MPBR with a 190 grain .280 projectile? And of course there's that saying bullets matter more than cases, so why doesn't Little Stick discuss terminal performance when he talks about these high bc match projectiles? I suppose metal plates and cardboard targets don't need to be killed. And Little Stick still hasn't answered my question on another thread, about how he gets any relevant hunting experience with each of his rifles when he has so many of them, and so many different projectiles for each rifle...unless they're mainly for the photographs to display on the internet forums.

Those same advantages work in favor of newer cartridges such as the 6.5 CM and others. You can kill an animal as dead as you do with the 270 at those distances, all with even less recoil. For longer ranges the short magnum and the PRC type simply outperform the old and venerable 270.

More options mean a smaller market share.

Last edited by CopperSolid; 06/17/22.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
There are only a handful of legitimate, standard cartridges, 270win being one of the best of 'em. I can't think of much I haven't shot/killed with my old Rem700/270win. That being said, Long Live the King of them all, 30-06!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness,Lapooey Twat-Six Virgins are a rather nice way to arrange finite headspace control,for the good stuff. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A number of years ago I bought a new Mod 70 stainless classic in 270 WSM. Topped it off with a Shepard's scope. Getting rid of both of them were two of the better decisions I ever made.

Last edited by minengr; 06/17/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 7 Whizzum do to the 270 Whizzum,what the 280 do to a 270...none of which is pretty. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 7 Whizzum do to the 270 Whizzum,what the 280 do to a 270...none of which is pretty. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

You mean it makes a half inch difference at 600 yards and is a complete exercise in mental masturbation because I shoot deer at 200 yards with a bullet that actually works on game?

Last edited by mjbgalt; 06/17/22.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

Those same advantages work in favor of newer cartridges such as the 6.5 CM and others. You can kill an animal as dead as you do with the 270 at those distances, all with even less recoil. For longer ranges the short magnum and the PRC type simply outperform the old and venerable 270.

The 6.5 CM starts off several hundred feet per second less than the .270 with the same weight bullet e.g. 130's...it doesn't have the same MPBR, and it doesn't have the frontal area that the .270 has. if you accept the argument that there is a slight difference in killing power between various cartridges, then the .270 kills better at normal hunting distances by reason of its faster velocity and bigger frontal area. The 6.5 PRC is a better comparison to the .270, but then the .270 WSM is better still.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
No, no! We argue about which fly is better and then we remove the hairs from the fly's ass and split them down the middle and argue about which half is better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would never be able to notice the difference between a 270 and a 280. About half the time I have a 30-30 or 45-70 in my hands. I haven't shot past 150 yards in ages

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

The 6.5 CM starts off several hundred feet per second less than the .270 with the same weight bullet e.g. 130's...it doesn't have the same MPBR, and it doesn't have the frontal area that the .270 has. if you accept the argument that there is a slight difference in killing power between various cartridges, then the .270 kills better at normal hunting distances by reason of its faster velocity and bigger frontal area. The 6.5 PRC is a better comparison to the .270, but then the .270 WSM is better still.

That’s a good illustration of my point. More (similar, or at least arguably similar) options, that leads to a smaller market share, which was the OP’s question.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

Some folks actually shoot,but you gals get to read about it...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 130gr 264 JLK offers a .620BC and just "happen" to fly rather exceptionally and do Critters no favors,despite the .013" diameter "difference". Starting speed,ain't arrival speed. Now you CLUELESS Kchunts know too. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts,for your GoogleFu.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Everyone fanning the flames in each other’s fire pits. It’s great reading material. Thank you!

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ladies,

Some folks actually shoot,but you gals get to read about it...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 130gr 264 JLK offers a .620BC and just "happen" to fly rather exceptionally and do Critters no favors,despite the .013" diameter "difference". Starting speed,ain't arrival speed. Now you CLUELESS Kchunts know too. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts,for your GoogleFu.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

That is correct, Big Momma. Ballistics development did not stop in 1925.

Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.