Word.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jerryv
How much does the Narcan cost and who pays for it?

Jerry

50 to 100 dollars a dose.

You pay for it.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
What do you need an endorsement for?

The pharmacies around Omaha will give NARCAN to anyone over 19 who asks for it.

We can't administer that dose here as per our medical director....so we need signed off on a different dose and administration device.

If I were a lay person....they would give me the big dose for free.

Works the same way with automatic defibrillator. A non emt firefighter or police officer on duty can’t use one here. Stupid.
Years ago when cops here got theirs it was like a freakin' demolition derby. Every ems call of unconscious, difficulty breathing, chest pain, the cops drove like bats out of hell so they could try their new toy. We had some close calls with cops cars.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Son is a paramedic and gets to see the effects of Narcan frequently. Told me it will blow your mid at the speed at which it reverses OD’s. Like a magic wand.
I'm the IT guy for a Fire and Medic Department. They've told me stories where a junkie coded flatline, legally dead, the did the Narcan and CPR to get it moving through the system and brought the guy back to life. Then the guy got pissed and tried to kick their azz for taking away his high.
Never had anyone want to kick our ass, seen them wake up confused and freak out a little though. I've had them refuse medical aid a bunch of time, their right to do so.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Got my Narcan endorsement last night.

Now I can bring back you Boomers who accidentally stacked 28 pain patches on top of each other.

Late wife did just that one afternoon. I called daughter up to house. I think we pulled like six or seven ( or more) off of her. She had just put them on. She thought they were like salonpas patches. Damn hospice folks left them in with bandage stuff when they determined wife wasn’t gonna die and they took her out of hospice care. I didn’t know they were in there! She found em. Just started slapping em on. I didn’t know what was going on with her. She was going crazy. Geez!!!
I had a friend and semi-coworker kill herself that way. Her cancer was terminal so she saved up a bunch of patches and then covered her arms and chest with patches.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
If youre saving od'ing junkies lives, youre part of the problem. Stop it. Let the worthless losers die. Theyre just gonna steal your catalytic converter if you save them.

Except for that pesky little thing called your oath. You don't get to makes value judgements on people you respond to. You do your job the best you can with all the tools you have and don't take it personal.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by smarquez
If youre saving od'ing junkies lives, youre part of the problem. Stop it. Let the worthless losers die. Theyre just gonna steal your catalytic converter if you save them.

Except for that pesky little thing called your oath. You don't get to makes value judgements on people you respond to. You do your job the best you can with all the tools you have and don't take it personal.

What oath, protect and serve? Youre doing the exact opposite of protecting and serving the general population by keeping vermin alive despite their efforts to kill themselves.

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You will be in trouble with the law if you abandon an OD.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

What oath, protect and serve? Youre doing the exact opposite of protecting and serving the general population by keeping vermin alive despite their efforts to kill themselves.

Hope like hell you don't meet one of your own who thinks you're OD'ing when you're actually having a chest grabber. That would suck.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ma was given Fentanyl at 85 for her crumbling spine. She was in constant pain. Some rock star died...I think it was Petty of an OD. She immediately ripped off her patch when she saw it on the news.

Next day she tells dad they have bedbugs and she's scratched her legs bloody. Dad looks. No bedbugs. Day 2 she says they're all over her legs - call an exterminator. Bugman comes, looks at bed, does tests or whatever on the mattress and sheets. No bedbugs. Dad says spray anyway. $500 pissed away. Next day her withdrawals subsided enough to realize there never were any bedbugs. She needed to taper down her dosing instead of going cold turkey. Dad was pissed.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Son is a paramedic and gets to see the effects of Narcan frequently. Told me it will blow your mid at the speed at which it reverses OD’s. Like a magic wand.
I'm the IT guy for a Fire and Medic Department. They've told me stories where a junkie coded flatline, legally dead, the did the Narcan and CPR to get it moving through the system and brought the guy back to life. Then the guy got pissed and tried to kick their azz for taking away his high.
My best friend is a cop in our home town and says the same thing. I told him to go to the doughnut shop when he finds someone that overdosed and give them an hour.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

So you'd appoint yourself judge and jury for someone you didn't know.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ah, the old “ the most good for the most people”. AKA Utilitarianism, the backbone of Communism….

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Hope like hell you don't meet one of your own who thinks you're OD'ing when you're actually having a chest grabber. That would suck.

Maybe, but if we're going to let folks die because their problems are self inflicted, then those that eat a bad diet, or smoke, or drink, or......... whatever, they've all got it coming. Kind of a slippery slope, isn't it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Omaha the Hy-Vee pharmacies will sell NALOXONE without a prescription to anyone over 18. Lots of people get a dose of it so that they can save a person who ODs on opioids at a party or a bar.

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Got my Narcan endorsement last night.

Now I can bring back you Boomers who accidentally stacked 28 pain patches on top of each other.

Late wife did just that one afternoon. I called daughter up to house. I think we pulled like six or seven ( or more) off of her. She had just put them on. She thought they were like salonpas patches. Damn hospice folks left them in with bandage stuff when they determined wife wasn’t gonna die and they took her out of hospice care. I didn’t know they were in there! She found em. Just started slapping em on. I didn’t know what was going on with her. She was going crazy. Geez!!!

Everyone forgets that it ain't just junkies that od.
No, sometimes it's just dumbazzes. GD

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
In Omaha the Hy-Vee pharmacies will sell NALOXONE without a prescription to anyone over 18. Lots of people get a dose of it so that they can save a person who ODs on opioids at a party or a bar.

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Aren't you the sooper smart guy that couldn't vote for Trump?

They also hand out narcan to people who are on prescription opiates.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Protect and serve without judgement and reservation.
You are proof that not everyone can do the job or would do the job. You fit into the don't have enough human compassion category.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Aren't you the sooper smart guy that couldn't vote for Trump?

They also hand out narcan to people who are on prescription opiates.

I would assume that people who are on prescription opioids would have doctors who would concurrently prescribe the antidote for use in case of an accidental overdose.

Hy-Vee is dispensing NALOXONE without a prescription so that it can get into the hands of laypersons who might be present when a person using recreational opioids overdoses. You or I could get it and you might choose to do so, but the most that I would do for someone who has overdosed and is not my wife or child is to call 911 and wait for the EMTs to arrive.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Maybe, but if we're going to let folks die because their problems are self inflicted, then those that eat a bad diet, or smoke, or drink, or......... whatever, they've all got it coming. Kind of a slippery slope, isn't it.

"Well, your house is on fire through no fault but your own . We're leaving, good luck".

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,696
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.