J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
In Omaha the Hy-Vee pharmacies will sell NALOXONE without a prescription to anyone over 18. Lots of people get a dose of it so that they can save a person who ODs on opioids at a party or a bar.

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Aren't you the sooper smart guy that couldn't vote for Trump?

They also hand out narcan to people who are on prescription opiates.

I would assume that people who are on prescription opioids would have doctors who would concurrently prescribe the antidote for use in case of an accidental overdose.

Hy-Vee is dispensing NALOXONE without a prescription so that it can get into the hands of laypersons who might be present when a person using recreational opioids overdoses. You or I could get it and you might choose to do so, but the most that I would do for someone who has overdosed and is not my wife or child is to call 911 and wait for the EMTs to arrive.

So a Biden supporter and a bit of a selfish kghunt too?

Dang.

You could very well be held liable for neglence if that person where to die and you had either the knowledge or the resources to change the outcome.

You might should take another IQ test.

I am MAGA.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Narcan's not the most expensive drug in a paramedic's drug bag, but it's not free. Going on multiple responses on the same patients for the same thing is going to impact an agency's budget. These people are typically uninsured and don't have money to pay for a response. Something is going to have to give for some agencies. They'll either cease to be or stop carrying Narcan and just put these people in the recovery position and let them sleep it off. I'm sorry to those that might think that's cruel but that is the reality for some agencies.

Last edited by tdbob; 06/17/22.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
So can one take Narcan if they're not having an overdose event?

Asking for a friend...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, typically for most people it's a benign drug.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Omaha the Hy-Vee pharmacies will sell NALOXONE without a prescription to anyone over 18. Lots of people get a dose of it so that they can save a person who ODs on opioids at a party or a bar.

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

I would assume that people who are on prescription opioids would have doctors who would concurrently prescribe the antidote for use in case of an accidental overdose.

Hy-Vee is dispensing NALOXONE without a prescription so that it can get into the hands of laypersons who might be present when a person using recreational opioids overdoses. You or I could get it and you might choose to do so, but the most that I would do for someone who has overdosed and is not my wife or child is to call 911 and wait for the EMTs to arrive.

Dang.

You could very well be held liable for neglence if that person where to die and you had either the knowledge or the resources to change the outcome.

"might should"

Jim..............................what would Sister Mary Margaret have to say about that abomination of the English language?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by tdbob
Narcan's not the most expensive drug in a paramedic's drug bag, but it's not free. Going on multiple responses on the same patients for the same thing is going to impact an agency's budget. These people are typically uninsured and don't have money to pay for a response. Something is going to have to give for some agencies. They'll either cease to be or stop carrying Narcan and just put these people in the recovery position and let them sleep it off. I'm sorry to those that might think that's cruel but that is the reality for some agencies.

There is no "recovery position" for an OD without prior treatment.

To do so would be considered "abandonment" and gross negligence.

Narcan is in no way shape or form necessary to save the life of an opiate OD.

You ventilate with a BVM with high flow 02 on the way to the hospital.

If your agency does not have a bottle of o2 and a BVM...they are not much of an agency.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Dang.

"might should"

Jim..............................what would Sister Mary Margaret have to say about that abomination of the English language?

It was used for a certain effect. Kind of pointing out how stupid some "sooper smart" people are.

Insult to injury sort of thing.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks for triggering a Nun flash back though!

A hole! Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Double modal formation-sweet.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for triggering a Nun flash back though!

A hole! Hahaha!
What?

You don't think fondly of your times around the Penguins?

My fondest memory of them is my first. Being lifted out of my desk in kindergarten or 1st grade by a pair of sharp fingernails in my left ear.

I think I could have used some fentanyl then.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Dang.

I didn't vote for either Biden or Trump, so that was a wash. Even if I had voted for Trump, the majority of the people who live in my Congressional District didn't, so Biden won the Electoral College Vote that my vote would have counted toward. You seem to be pissed at me, but what about the 6M people in California who voted for Trump and won him 0 out of 55 Electoral College Votes? At least he got 4 of Nebraska's 5.

I'm not a healthcare professional, so I claim no healthcare knowledge and I don't carry the resources, NALOXONE, to change anyone's outcome. Maybe the best thing to do is to not call 911 and just walk on past, allowing GOD's will be done on Earth and it is in Heaven. Surely someone who cares will take action, right?

No need to take another IQ test at my age. I'm more interested in reaping than sowing, just sowing enough so that my kids will have a strong financial foundation that will provide them with more latitude than I had when I was their ages. Their educations are all paid for, so they don't need to compete for an ROTC scholarship, and they will have a virtually guaranteed income for life as long as there is a continued demand for corn and soybeans. I make no apologies for my success or for the wealth accrued by my parents and my in-laws that my Wife and I have inherited.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tdbob

IMHO, Narcan is a waste of my our dollars. Without directly saying so, tdbob's response points that direction.
Weds I was witness to a single car accident involving some crack/meth head. Took 4 Natcans to bring him around.
As I was giving my statement to the state trooper I overheard him on the radio. Seems the perp was responsible for 3 other vehicle accidents in a 10 mile stretch, south of this accident scene, and had just left a court appearance in the adjoining county seat.
Told the trooper that in the long run we'd all be better of if the were to have been left to his own demise, or double-tapped. Trooper didn't say anything, but the look on his face suggested his full agreement.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Dang.

I didn't vote for either Biden or Trump, so that was a wash. Even if I had voted for Trump, the majority of the people who live in my Congressional District didn't, so Biden won the Electoral College Vote that my vote would have counted toward. You seem to be pissed at me, but what about the 6M people in California who voted for Trump and won him 0 out of 55 Electoral College Votes? At least he got 4 of Nebraska's 5.

I'm not a healthcare professional, so I claim no healthcare knowledge and I don't carry the resources, NALOXONE, to change anyone's outcome. Maybe the best thing to do is to not call 911 and just walk on past, allowing GOD's will be done on Earth and it is in Heaven. Surely someone who cares will take action, right?

No need to take another IQ test at my age. I'm more interested in reaping than sowing, just sowing enough so that my kids will have a strong financial foundation that will provide them with more latitude than I had when I was their ages. Their educations are all paid for, so they don't need to compete for an ROTC scholarship, and they will have a virtually guaranteed income for life as long as there is a continued demand for corn and soybeans. I make no apologies for my success or for the wealth accrued by my parents and my in-laws that my Wife and I have inherited.

I bring up the IQ test because you should get a refund.

That was some of the stupidest shìt I have ever read here.

You are just another self serving liberal..and a Christian Scientist apparently?

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Dang.

Just out of curiosity, by any chance, are you mentally r e t a r d e d?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Jim,

Good on ya for doing what you do!

Happy Fathers day!

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I didn't vote for either Biden or Trump, so that was a wash. Even if I had voted for Trump, the majority of the people who live in my Congressional District didn't, so Biden won the Electoral College Vote that my vote would have counted toward . You seem to be pissed at me, but what about the 6M people in California who voted for Trump and won him 0 out of 55 Electoral College Votes? At least he got 4 of Nebraska's 5.

It wasn't a wash, apathy like that is why scum keep getting elected.

Second highlighted sentence goes along with the first. Content to live off the backs of others.

Pride is something you obviously lack. But you are not alone, there are millions like you.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Dang.

You are just another self serving liberal..and a Christian Scientist apparently?

You're welcome to your opinion. My usual response to unsupported criticism is that I've been called worse things by better people.

I doubt that anyone who knows me would ever think of me as being liberal. They would see me for what I am, a right of center Republican and church going Missouri Synod Lutheran who proudly served his country.

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden because I didn't, still don't, believe that either of them was worthy of my support. I didn't expect Biden to be as bad as he has been, but my 1 vote wouldn't have gone far to offset the 22,091 vote margin that Biden won by in Nebrasdka's 2nd.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I offered to buy a new rescue vehicle for a fire department if they would discontinue the use of NARCAN, but they said that they couldn't, so they are making due with their existing truck. They said that it was inhumane not to save a life when they could and who am I to argue with that? Maybe the local addicts who they save with NARCAN can pass the hat to fund that new truck that they need.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J

Altruistic or enabling?

You decide.

Dang.

You're welcome to your opinion. My usual response to unsupported criticism is that I've been called worse things by better people.

I doubt that anyone who knows me would ever think of me as being liberal. They would see me for what I am, a right of center Republican and church going Missouri Synod Lutheran who proudly served his country.

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden because I didn't, still don't, believe that either of them was worthy of my support. I didn't expect Biden to be as bad as he has been, but my 1 vote wouldn't have gone far to offset the 22,091 vote margin that Biden won by in Nebrasdka's 2nd.

Better men? I doubt it.

Glad we all suffer now so you could spout your phoney virtue.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I offered to buy a new rescue vehicle for a fire department if they would discontinue the use of NARCAN, but they said that they couldn't, so they are making due with their existing truck. They said that it was inhumane not to save a life when they could and who am I to argue with that? Maybe the local addicts who they save with NARCAN can pass the hat to fund that new truck that they need.

Don't know why you quoted that...but 260 is a self serving khgunt.

I am MAGA.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 280shooter, 14 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,998
Posts18,481,175
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.