Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Skeen
Fake internet preacher? Is this one of Happy Camper's personas?
Some say he’s Maser & Happy Cramper.

He’s Maser / NoElkSlayer / Jason Cardenas for sure.
I can’t keep up with all of Happy Crampers Sock Puppets.
But being how they are both “Preachers” that bilk old folks out of their life savings, it’s an awful strange “coincidence”.
Wouldn’t surprise me.

One things be for certain.
He’ll Soon have another Psychotic Mental midget Meltdown breakdown where he posts another UniBomber Manifesto and call us all Mentally Deranged Diabolical Pathological Lying Cyber Stalkers. 🤪

That’s always been the Lying POS’s go to move when Renegade50 hits him with too many “Post a Picture or It Never Happened” Krytonite threads.

The Strain is always more than ElkyMASERNutt’s lying ass can bare. 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
chlinstructructor:

Is there any more criminal slander that you would like to add while your post is filed?

Miss Lynn Legal team is on the case.

Remsen would have a field day with those two on the Stand.

😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
So many conflicting numbers and reports. Such piss poor media anymore you don't know what to believe for sure. I've heard numbers anywhere from 200 2,000 10,000. In perspective even 10,000 is a drop in the hat compared to the number of cattle in most Kansas feed lots anymore. If these deaths are pretty scattered out in an area I can believe heat. If there's a big bunch and one group I would be testing feed real fast most of these places are feeding a lot of silage . Most any stem type grasses or crop can get high in nitrates in certain conditions. I personally know of one neighbor that lost 50 steers due to nitrate poisoning. Too much nitrogen in the soil along with drought and dryer conditions you would best be testing your crop before cutting for silage or hay. Granted some types are much worse than others for this.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Crap. I wanted medium rare.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wanted to ask if they were vaxxed and boosted, but am too lazy to read through all this to see if anyone did already……😜

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ToeCutter
Bullshit... where does it regularly get to 110 and they have black angus? You exaggerate too much to be called honest

There you go again.

Not a clue about what you are saying. But ignorance has never stopped you. Has it?

You have no business speaking of other's honesty. 15 year troll who has lied about countless things in about every post made.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was wondering why they gotta be black? It’s hot, why not White Angus? Works with cars and pickups.

Turns out a typical color associated with a breed of cattle becomes associated with an expected performance from that breed, ergo higher prices at auction.

https://extension.okstate.edu/fact-sheets/color-patterns-in-crossbred-beef-cattle.html

Also, the thermodynamics of live cattle might be different than that of motor vehicles

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I was wondering why they gotta be black? It’s hot, why not White Angus? Works with cars and pickups.

Turns out a typical color associated with a breed of cattle becomes associated with an expected performance from that breed, ergo higher prices at auction.

https://extension.okstate.edu/fact-sheets/color-patterns-in-crossbred-beef-cattle.html

Also, the thermodynamics of live cattle might be different than that of motor vehicles
Agree, white Angus may sound RACIST though.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Well the short of it yes Black Angus are more susceptible to heat than some. I know some guys that like to purebred stuff and are actually trying Red Angus and the meat cuts and all her virtually the same can't really tell the difference. But the market can still be a bit lower some places all depending on your buyers. Or myself I'm actually using beefmaster bulls these days to Angus cattle and get some a little more heat resistant. I really like when I come out with a half Beefmaster half Angus red heifer. I will then try that heifer on a Red Angus bull and see how good it comes out. The downside to the beefmaster half breeds are they are little more susceptible to stress in cold. And where I live we can have pretty severe temperature swings for short period of time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From memory here, but weren't the original Beefmasters a product of a Brahman cross? Certainly a bit more heat tolerant, but I'd not want my junk that exposed in subzero weather.

Had a Beefmaster breeder in the region many years back and his philosophy was hands off. They make it on their own or they don't. He eventually quit as it seemed whiteface progeny were the market choice back then. Had sexed semen been available, he might have made it selling bulls, but heifers were taking a hit at the market.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/19/22.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
From memory here, but weren't the original Beefmasters a product of a Brahman cross? Certainly a bit more heat tolerant, but I'd not want my junk that exposed in subzero weather.

Had a Beefmaster breeder in the region many years back and his philosophy was hands off. They make it on their own or they don't. He eventually quit as it seemed whiteface progeny were the market choice back then. Had sexed semen been available, he might have made it selling bulls, but heifers were taking a hit at the market.

They are.

Lots of Brahman cross breeds in hotter weather climates.

Black calves sell better in the beef market, in recent years. Brangus cattle are real popular.

Mine shade up in the heat of the day.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
This happens every yr. It's happened to me. If you mist cattle, you have to continue to do it. It's better not to do it in the long run. This was a perfect storm. Feeders ready for slaughter which means fat. Winter coats. A flip of temp and humidity. Crowded conditions. Boom! There is no conspiracy here and this comes from a guy who wears a big tinfoil hat. Margins are so darn tight that everyone in the cattle industry tries their best. Go look at a pen of fat heifers on a 100⁰ day w high humidity and no wind. They're panting like crazy. We do our best but you cannot defeat mother nature. And to the people that say the feedlots should've provided shade, make the packers pay us what we deserve and we'll put up 10k shade spots in every lot.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 1minute

Modern registered Beefmaster 1/4 shorthorn 1/4Hereford 1/2 Brahma. I have registered beefmaster bulls at this time. Read the Angus cows leaves only a quarter Brahma influence small sheath shows a tad more ear.
So far this year my beefmaster cross compared to my full-blooded Angus are outgrowing them rapidly we will see what they end up as weanlings and year olds. The heifers from this product then breed back to either black or red Angus bulls provide bigger healthier calves that do not take the hit at the market. Or that is how this is supposed to work time will tell.

Last edited by ldholton; 06/19/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by SDLEFTY
This happens every yr. It's happened to me. If you mist cattle, you have to continue to do it. It's better not to do it in the long run. This was a perfect storm. Feeders ready for slaughter which means fat. Winter coats. A flip of temp and humidity. Crowded conditions. Boom! There is no conspiracy here and this comes from a guy who wears a big tinfoil hat. Margins are so darn tight that everyone in the cattle industry tries their best. Go look at a pen of fat heifers on a 100⁰ day w high humidity and no wind. They're panting like crazy. We do our best but you cannot defeat mother nature. And to the people that say the feedlots should've provided shade, make the packers pay us what we deserve and we'll put up 10k shade spots in every lot.
Yes the area this is happening in is really not that far west from myself. And around here the weather has been unseasonably cool and wet. And then just flip the switch in a two-day period 100 plus heat index and bright Sun.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
We have red brangus on the place. Suppose we could convert over to belted Galloways. 🤣They always reminded me of a big oreo cookie! I suppose they would only be half susceptible to heat!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
I'm still amazed at the cow guy in this thread who has only EVER lost a cow to birth or birthing - EVER.

I am NOT a cow guy, I only eat 'em. But to raise a chit ton cattle for a living and have never lost a single cow, EVER, to accident, disease, broken leg, some genetic issue, etc, etc...

Amazed!

There is not a person on this forum who is more full of schidt than you. Congrats, that's quite the accomplishment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
We have red brangus on the place. Suppose we could convert over to belted Galloways. 🤣They always reminded me of a big oreo cookie! I suppose they would only be half susceptible to heat!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Neighbor down the road has a herd of those.

They have hell keeping their rear end and fore quarters in the shade, while sunning that white band in the middle! laugh

They are seriously small cattle though. I'd want my calves to weigh more at market!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Yes the area this is happening in is really not that far west from myself. And around here the weather has been unseasonably cool and wet. And then just flip the switch in a two-day period 100 plus heat index and bright Sun.

No kidding. We just got back from 10 days on the gulf coast. Before we left we were still wearing jackets at the daughters softball games at night. Just got back and everything that didn’t have water on it in the yard is burned up.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I haven't heard what the exact weather conditions were, at that time, there.
Hot as I've heard, if the wind had been real calm for a couple of days - I'd suspect blue algae toxin in the water.
Just thinking out loud.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Neighbor down the road has a herd of those.

They have hell keeping their rear end and fore quarters in the shade, while sunning that white band in the middle! laugh

LOL

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by duck911
I'm still amazed at the cow guy in this thread who has only EVER lost a cow to birth or birthing - EVER.

I am NOT a cow guy, I only eat 'em. But to raise a chit ton cattle for a living and have never lost a single cow, EVER, to accident, disease, broken leg, some genetic issue, etc, etc...

Amazed!

There is not a person on this forum who is more full of schidt than you. Congrats, that's quite the accomplishment.

NoElkSlayer or Happy Cramper would give him a run for the money.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,364
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.