Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Most people have lost 1/3 from their 401s in the last 6 months, now tell me again how wonderful 401s are. Rio7

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
good point. Again look at market return from 1955 to 1985. or 2000 to 2010

Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Houston_2
no one truely builds real wealth by stock market investing. don't believe me, ask accountants, ask people who actually made real wealth. They say only .6% of people have a million or more in 401k. stock market investing is mainly about investing for appreciation, its a hope that whatever you buy will be worth more than you paid for it. Why not invest for cash flow instead in other types of investments? worse yet is its likely your 401k investments are taxed when you take them out.

instead of timing the markets, instead of worrying about this or that hot stock. why not seek a true financial education? financial education is NOT taught anywhere in school. indeed academic types normally have notions of financial education that are quite destructive.

My CPA differs grandly from your CPA and mine is very complimentary concerning my IRA and Keogh accounts and what they’ve built themselves up to over time with stock market investing.

I guess I’m the only person who’s ever amassed any wealth via the stock market.

Being an outlier ain’t all bad.

it depends on what you define as real wealth. The IRA and keogh accounts aren't bad, an IRA can really be invested in anything. peter thiel a pay pal founder I think has several billion in his IRA, he invested his shares of paypal in it. Its not the account its the type of investment. most IRA's and 401k are invested in the stock market. like I said stats don't lie only about .6% of people have more than 1 million in their 401k.

real wealth? 250k to half a million a year in passive income. this will take 5 to 10 million in golden goose funds to pull off most likely. If you or someone you know built a fortune of 5 to 10 million $$$ by 401k or IRA investing in the stock market. I personally want to talk to them!!! why because I want to know how they did it. because I can't find anyone who has and I have asked everyone I can think of who would know. from mortgage people who see others taxes to CPA's that do peoples taxes. the only people I see get wealthy in the stock market or those who are some sort of special deal like a private placement before a company goes public. or a public company's founders who take the company public Those people get insane rich.

Cummins I see your point but just for grins look at a chart of the DJIA values from, say, 1982 to 2022.

you are correct about that, but not that many people invest that way. warren buffet, and nearly all the real pro investors say invest in index funds. They all say NONE of the mutual funds will beat the index over time. They may beat it for one year, but NEVER for the long haul. Warren buffet also says when he dies he wants his money invested in index funds. I like investments I get paid to own, and that pay me money and that I can structure so that I never pay taxes on. but dave ramsey says "good growth stock mutual fund" LOL. I was always like ummmm where. dave ramsey does have some good ideas but investing isn't one of them. neither is hard and fast rules on debt, like he has.

at the end of the day, find people that are wealthy and ask them how they did it. very very few people ever do, most never get asked. most of the self made people are eager to tell their story. Don't ask a "financial planner" ask the people that have done it themselves.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you are correct about that, but not that many people invest that way. warren buffet, and nearly all the real pro investors say invest in index funds. They all say NONE of the mutual funds will beat the index over time. They may beat it for one year, but NEVER for the long haul. Warren buffet also says when he dies he wants his money invested in index funds. I like investments I get paid to own, and that pay me money and that I can structure so that I never pay taxes on. but dave ramsey says "good growth stock mutual fund" LOL. I was always like ummmm where. dave ramsey does have some good ideas but investing isn't one of them. neither is hard and fast rules on debt, like he has.

at the end of the day, find people that are wealthy and ask them how they did it. very very few people ever do, most never get asked. most of the self made people are eager to tell their story. Don't ask a "financial planner" ask the people that have done it themselves.

Over the past 20 years, Berkshire is just a percentage point ahead of the S&P 500, with a 10.3% annualized return against 9.2% for the index.May 6, 2022

Over the last 20 years MSFT AMZN FB NFLX AAPL GOOG TSLA NVIDIA have beaten 10%/year by a mile.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Think it's time to look forward, not back Rio7

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The only thing I'm looking for to get back into the Market - is Money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is stocks then there are stocks. Depends on what you are looking for. Until recently I had a bunch of Shell stock.
Paid about 6 percent in dividends. Gained a little in value each year.
Recently they cut the dividend in half. Time to move on. But while I owned Shell stock it sure paid more than bank interest.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RIO7
Most people have lost 1/3 from their 401s in the last 6 months, now tell me again how wonderful 401s are. Rio7

You haven't lost a thing until you clear your position. Draw down, yes. Loss? Not unless you sell your holdings.

Let's see what they look like in a few months after this correction is done.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Your few months is going to be at least 2 or more years, of no growth, keep drinking the Kool- Aid.. Good Luck Rio7

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by ribka

Demand is Declining… PPI is rising which will be passed along shortly..
Prepare for Stagflation.. Then Deflation ..
Now if the Lunatics decide to stop spending money and reduce the size of Government we stand a Chance ..
Umm Good That why Campbell Soup Kitchen is Umm Good

Roll Them or They Roll You

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RIO7

401Ks are harder to navigate than inheritance. Never fear, the 401K shall return.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by local_dirt
[quote=akrange]If Kornhole and Mr. Crispy Coon get their way on the Newly Ramp Up of Common Core / CRT Legislation the NGO Nazi’s stand to Reep Billions in Federal Funding..
More Mordor All Day ..
All the Time..
They ain’t on our Side

This is States' rights. Not for those stool sample proxy chkunts.[/quot

I guess you haven’t seen enough of Great Constitutional Disappearing Act..
There are NO Constitutional Protections anymore..
Case in point Rousting Old Men out of Bed at Night on a Lie told to the FISA Court ..
Their still doing it..
A District Court Judge refusing to let the DOJ drop a case against Flynn..
Executive Orders used beyond the Scope of Intent of the Constitution..
3 Impeachment’s on what Evidence..
One of them after the President left Office ..
States Rights .. Please ..
The Republic has Fallen..
Last Stop ..Destroy the Core Principal of the Military and it’s Readiness by a Faux Government..
It took longer for Rome to Fall..

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by local_dirt
[quote=akrange]If Kornhole and Mr. Crispy Coon get their way on the Newly Ramp Up of Common Core / CRT Legislation the NGO Nazi’s stand to Reep Billions in Federal Funding..
More Mordor All Day ..
All the Time..
They ain’t on our Side

This is States' rights. Not for those stool sample proxy chkunts.[/quot

I guess you haven’t seen enough of Great Constitutional Disappearing Act..
There are NO Constitutional Protections anymore..
Case in point Rousting Old Men out of Bed at Night on a Lie told to the FISA Court ..
Their still doing it..
A District Court Judge refusing to let the DOJ drop a case against Flynn..
Executive Orders used beyond the Scope of Intent of the Constitution..
3 Impeachment’s on what Evidence..
One of them after the President left Office ..
States Rights .. Please ..
The Republic has Fallen..
Last Stop ..Destroy the Core Principal of the Military and it’s Readiness by a Faux Government..
It took longer for Rome to Fall..

Don't disagree with anything you mentioned. That doesn't mean I won't keep doing the things available to me to roust these useless f****** communists.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Over the past 20 years, Berkshire is just a percentage point ahead of the S&P 500, with a 10.3% annualized return against 9.2% for the index.May 6, 2022

Over the last 20 years MSFT AMZN FB NFLX AAPL GOOG TSLA NVIDIA have beaten 10%/year by a mile.

of course, are you nostradamus? read what I said. I didn't say you can't cherry pick single stocks that perform well. of course you can. since you are that good at picking single stocks BEFORE they go up maybe you should be a hedge fund manager. you will make billions. berkshire doesn't really invest like they used to in the beginning. indeed I bet if you asked WB he couldn't duplicate what was made in todays market if he had to start with nothing. I have read his book, quite lengthy, BTW. they got their start buying companies who had assets that were greater than the stock price. meaning if you sold the companies assets you could sell them for more than the share price. This was when your average person had no idea how to find the companies financials. this was way before the internet. it also took a great deal of skill, which he had to look at a companies financials. beating the S&P is an extreme feat and shows why so many want to invest in his holdings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My big criteria is for it to stop going down every fugging day.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
My big criteria is for it to stop going down every fugging day.

^^^
A Man of uncommon common sense.

Like.

Made me laugh, Jake!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Old Houst is waiting for a 24/7 mask mandate from Biden or Kameltoe.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would expect it to find support in the 28,000 range. And would be a buyer if it rallies from there on increasing volume, keeping a close moving stop in case the support fails.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Cold Day in Hell?...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
AS soon as we know the Republicans have solid majorities in both houses.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 40 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.