Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe Hawaii can petition PedoBiden to secede from the Union?

https://apnews.com/article/us-supre...-hawaii-19b50503b18487a851bdbdbd48b4f61c

Guns in paradise: Ruling could undo strict Hawaii carry law

Thursday’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturning New York’s concealed weapon law will likely change things in Hawaii, too, where it’s now highly unusual to see people carrying loaded weapons in public.

Some say the change will lead to more gun violence in a state that traditionally sees very little. In 2020, Hawaii had the nation’s lowest rate for gun deaths, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We’re culturally accepting, we’re racially accepting,” Kau said. “But within our culture, we’re fighters. We have passion.”

That passion can boil into physical altercations typically done “up and up” — local lingo for fistfights.

“If you’re born and raised here, you get into a fistfight, you don’t expect there to be a weapon,” Kau said.

Chris Marvin, a Hawaii resident with the gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety, said road rage dustups, clashes over surf spots and other confrontations are a part of life in Hawaii and are rarely fatal. He’s worried that will change.

“When you introduce guns, it’s so often immediately death,” he said. “Guns and aloha don’t mix.”

Under current law, county police chiefs in Hawaii have the discretion to determine whether to issue a carry permit. Without such a permit, people in Hawaii are only allowed to keep firearms in the home and can transport them — unloaded and locked up — to shooting ranges, hunting areas and other limited locations such as for repairs.

The Supreme Court ruling says local governments can’t require those seeking a license to carry a gun in public to demonstrate a particular need, such as a direct threat to their safety. Hawaii and California are among states with such a requirement.

Hawaii police chiefs have issued only four carry permits in the last 22 years, said attorney Alan Beck, who represents George Young, a Big Island man suing to be able to carry a gun for self-defense.

“It’s a huge deal,” Beck said of the ruling. “Not only does it mean Mr. Young’s case will prevail, it also means the door has been opened to challenging numerous aspects of Hawaii firearms law.”

State officials were determining what effect the court’s ruling could have on Hawaii, Gov. David Ige said. However, some believe they know the ultimate outcome.

“Bottom line is, Hawaii is about to become a more dangerous place,” state Sen. Karl Rhoads said. “Hawaii will go from a place where the right to carry in public is the exception to a place where not having the right to carry on the street is an exception.”

The high court ruling does allow local governments to impose certain rules limiting who can have permits to carry and where weapons may be banned, such as parks, stadiums and other places where people gather.

Hawaii lawmakers will look at adding additional background screening, training stipulations and legislating ways to keep guns out of certain public spaces, said state Sen. Chris Lee.

There are already gun-handling training requirements for obtaining a firearm, “but carrying something in a public place is a different matter altogether,” Lee said, so he’d like to see mandated training on how to de-escalate conflicts and enhanced training for law enforcement in dealing with situations where people are armed.

He’d also like to see restrictions on bringing guns into public meetings on emotionally charged issues.

Denise Eby Konan, dean of the College of Social Sciences at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and a member of the state’s Gun Violence and Violent Crimes Commission, said guns in public places like beaches and hiking trails could affect Hawaii’s reputation as a safe tourist destination.

“I think many of our visitors are coming from countries where gun laws are quite strict,” she said.

At least one couple visiting Waikiki on Thursday said looser restrictions wouldn’t deter them from returning.

Rebecca Donahue said she and her husband have concealed carry permits where they live in Titusville, Florida. “I think Hawaii is very laid back and relaxed from what we’ve seen,” she said.

The Hawaii Tourism Authority declined to comment on the court’s ruling and any possible impact on tourism, the economic engine that drives the state’s economy.

Kainoa Kaku, president of the Hawaii Rifle Association, said the decision will help ensure law-abiding people can carry guns — “guys like me who put in a lot of time and effort into training and honing my craft so that I can defend myself and my family and even my community at large if it’s required.”

Joseph Robello, who uses a pistol and a rifle to hunt pigs, said he doesn’t expect Hawaii to turn into the Wild West.

“Most people won’t just carry to carry around, to wear it on your hip and walk around in the store to say, ‘I got a gun, and I can use it,’” he said. “That’s dumb. Ridiculous.”

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From what little I've seen of Hawaiians, it they outlawed sugar and EBT cards they's save a lot more lives. Them locals are Yuge.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got back from Maui and the Oahu. To say Hawaii is a unique place and a unique political situation is an understatement. Cultural foundations are not the Puritans or King George and England or European at their core.

It is very close to an entirely different country/culture. They will stand alone on many things politically. It is unfortunate that their closest ties on the mainland are to California.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But, but, but on Hawaii-50 there are huge gun battles on every episode. shocked

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hawaii is the most racist place I've ever lived and I lived in South Africa for 2 years and I lived in Israel. There are great parts about Hawaii culture and a lot to love there but if you're white there you will face a lot of racism. I know some people say only whites can be racist but I'm talking about a principled view. If you are white there you will be discriminated against. They will intentionally make life more difficult for you just because of your skin color. Definitely that leftist equity double standard in all things.

I witnessed a major crime and when I told the cops they told me shut up white boy we don't want to hear from no white boy maybe we'll hang it on you if you don't go away. I was told not to participate in my university classes because it intimidated the minorities to have a white boy speak out loud. My student loan and financial aid was held up for months because as the secretary who had a crush on me said; boss man don't like white boys. He always holds back their financial aid.

Bb

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hawaii is a beautiful state to visit and I’ve been to 4 of the islands but as Burleyboy said, it’s full of morbidly obese, extremely hypertensive, borderline or above diabetics and extremely racist locals. They are not shy about their hatred of whites….except for the white man’s bullshit, they eat up the bullshit fed to their fat asses by Fauxi, PMSNBC, WHO, NIH, etc. They totally distrust us with the pettiness of daily life but have total faith in our government, politicians and agencies….INOW they are ass backward fools that love free government money, white man’s tourist dollars and the economy surrounding the military while simultaneously hating the working man that provides that money.

I’d definitely carry in Hawaii. The locals don’t like having the odds evened.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
we should sell Hawaii to Japan and be done with it

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
But Thomas Magnum always carried a 1911.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Perfect....no more fist fights.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Spare mags in the moustache - no room in the UDTs

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are worried that it might affect tourism. Do they know that New Orleans is a tourist Mecca?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's okay, it only had a 7 round magazine.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. Some say the change will lead to more gun violence in a state that traditionally sees very little. In 2020, Hawaii had the nation’s lowest rate for gun deaths, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Might have something to do with demographics, Hawaii has a black population of 1.88%.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
. Some say the change will lead to more gun violence in a state that traditionally sees very little. In 2020, Hawaii had the nation’s lowest rate for gun deaths, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Might have something to do with demographics, Hawaii has a black population of 1.88%.

SHHHH! Don't let Oprah kind out, She'll organize a parade to change that.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Hawaii is a beautiful state to visit and I’ve been to 4 of the islands but as Burleyboy said, it’s full of morbidly obese, extremely hypertensive, borderline or above diabetics and extremely racist locals. They are not shy about their hatred of whites….except for the white man’s bullshit, they eat up the bullshit fed to their fat asses by Fauxi, PMSNBC, WHO, NIH, etc. They totally distrust us with the pettiness of daily life but have total faith in our government, politicians and agencies….INOW they are ass backward fools that love free government money, white man’s tourist dollars and the economy surrounding the military while simultaneously hating the working man that provides that money.

I’d definitely carry in Hawaii. The locals don’t like having the odds evened.

Dang Aces: That's pithy

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The opinions stated here are painted with a pretty broad brush. Been to all 4 main islands at least (4) times a piece, smaller islands once or twice, hunted every major island, some of the best folks I know, amazing people for sure. Been texting pics of giant ahi daily, pigs and Blacktail bucks. I don’t travel around ascairt and hold myself a little different than scared fuucking cuunts though. You fuuckers that hate the islands soooo much, stay home, quit driving prices up and being pussies. 👊🏻

Same with Mexico, no one wants to hear the whining and bitching about it either, especially you cuunts that change your mind like a fart in the wind about hunting down there. And ya you know who you are. They don’t want you at either locale

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
You fuuckers that hate the islands soooo much, stay home, quit driving prices up and being pussies. 👊🏻

LoLoLoLoL!!! The Japs already did that, they want to buy that chain of islands. China has eyes on it now, too. Another Jap/China war in the Pacific Theatre??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Judman
The opinions stated here are painted with a pretty broad brush. Been to all 4 main islands at least (4) times a piece, smaller islands once or twice, hunted every major island, some of the best folks I know, amazing people for sure. Been texting pics of giant ahi daily, pigs and Blacktail bucks. I don’t travel around ascairt and hold myself a little different than scared fuucking cuunts though. You fuuckers that hate the islands soooo much, stay home, quit driving prices up and being pussies. 👊🏻

Same with Mexico, no one wants to hear the whining and bitching about it either, especially you cuunts that change your mind like a fart in the wind about hunting down there. And ya you know who you are. They don’t want you at either locale

cook rice not ice

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Because having an accurate opinion is somehow a fear based observation?

LMFAO…The stupidity espoused by the ignorant never ceases to amaze me here. Just because you can open your cock holster doesn’t mean that you should. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.