Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by super T
My wife and I are about to turn 80. I've got way more road behind me than I've got ahead of me. I figure my 18 Taco will take me home, it only has 29,000 miles on it. My wife wants a new Lexis and I say why not. I'm by no means packing in, I plan to hunt a bull elk again this fall. Sure would be nice if I can find one close to a road though even then I'll need lots of help.

Good on you. My dad was driving up until the last few weeks of his life. Passed at 83 only due to the big C.

I’m 62, and there are definitely a few more in my life…

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've got a new diesel suburban on order. I'll be lucky to see it this year. I'd also like a hybrid sedan but I hate the super wide center consoles that bang into your knee that they all seem to have. I had a Honda accord exl that id ordered show up about January but I could stand driving with my knees together. The downside to all the affirmative action female interior designers according to my friend at gm is that all vehicles now are designed for the comfort of short women.

They say men will only buy trucks and suvs now but I'd love a nice sedan with a bench front seat or at least comfortable seats without a foot wide center console. The last sedan I was comfortable driving was a Buick Lucerne. Some of the small cars feel roomier because of the cockpit layout they do these days. Wife wanted an suv a few years ago. I didn't fit in a grand Cherokee but surprisingly fit in a smaller ckerrokee because of the way the center console layed out

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nada, bupkis, zip.

Got a 16 year-old sedan and a 18 year-old truck, both under 100k. We drive less than 5k a year, and I’m 70.

Do the math.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I keep buying Crew Cab Diesel Trucks then probably a couple more anyway

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've got a new diesel suburban on order. I'll be lucky to see it this year. I'd also like a hybrid sedan but I hate the super wide center consoles that bang into your knee that they all seem to have. I had a Honda accord exl that id ordered show up about January but I could stand driving with my knees together. The downside to all the affirmative action female interior designers according to my friend at gm is that all vehicles now are designed for the comfort of short women.

They say men will only buy trucks and suvs now but I'd love a nice sedan with a bench front seat or at least comfortable seats without a foot wide center console. The last sedan I was comfortable driving was a Buick Lucerne. Some of the small cars feel roomier because of the cockpit layout they do these days. Wife wanted an suv a few years ago. I didn't fit in a grand Cherokee but surprisingly fit in a smaller ckerrokee because of the way the center console layed out

Bb
Find a low mileage Crown Vic or Mercury Marquis with the 5.0. Maybe a Lincoln Towncar? Pretty smooth riding sedan with a front bench

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Might trade my 2021 in on a 2023.
Fully loaded Jeep Renegade Limited.
Might go Trailhawk next time.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/27/22.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Bb
Find a low mileage Crown Vic or Mercury Marquis with the 5.0. Maybe a Lincoln Towncar? Pretty smooth riding sedan with a front bench

I'd like about a 96 impala ss or about the same year Buick station wagon with wood panels and rumble seats in the back. A few years ago I barely missed a 97 or so Buick station wagon with wood panels, an lt1 350, and 45,000 original miles. The guy said it was his 90 some year old dad's that just passed away and he had a dozen calls or more tge first hour the paper came out. The first guy there bought it.

I missed a mint white 91 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo with 80,000 original miles about that same time. That was my high school dream car, that and a 67 rs ss camaro.

My friend and I took his crown vic to the Portland gunshow and then hit my condo in Newport for a few weeks about a dozen years ago. That thing broke down twice on the trip and left us stranded. Kind of put me off to them but I was traditionally a gm guy even though I'm driving a new f150 these days. I used to swear off all things Mopar too but my 2019 ram truck, 2019 Cherokee trailhawk, and 2021 pacifica hybrid have all been great. My gm loyalty is largely a thing off the past but I am excited to get our new diesel suburban. I hope it works ok because 70k feels like a lot for any vehicle.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 06/27/22.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Think I am good, maybe a new one for the wife

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Saw a clean XJ, in some burg. If its there this week will stop by.
Clean body I'll rebuild whatever it needs, do a 3" lift and 31s.
I had Rubicon Express and Procomp stuff on my last one.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
One,

I’m driving a 290,000 mile Corolla until it dies, keeping the miles off and saving gas on my 60,000 mile Frontier. I put about 10,000 miles/year on each.

Based on past experience prob’ly another four-five years on the Corolla and I’ll replace it with something similar to run around town.

Smart man. ^^^

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many more ? ? ?

Well, we have 14 now - three of those are 20 years old and 10 of them more than 50 years old. And that number is down from a total of 20 four years ago.

So, one never knows about how many more. I would like to find a really clean/tight 1948 Studebaker Starlight Coupe - green if possible.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Bb

I'd like about a 96 impala ss or about the same year Buick station wagon with wood panels and rumble seats in the back. A few years ago I barely missed a 97 or so Buick station wagon with wood panels, an lt1 350, and 45,000 original miles. The guy said it was his 90 some year old dad's that just passed away and he had a dozen calls or more tge first hour the paper came out. The first guy there bought it.

I missed a mint white 91 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo with 80,000 original miles about that same time. That was my high school dream car, that and a 67 rs ss camaro.

My friend and I took his crown vic to the Portland gunshow and then hit my condo in Newport for a few weeks about a dozen years ago. That thing broke down twice on the trip and left us stranded. Kind of put me off to them but I was traditionally a gm guy even though I'm driving a new f150 these days. I used to swear off all things Mopar too but my 2019 ram truck, 2019 Cherokee trailhawk, and 2021 pacifica hybrid have all been great. My gm loyalty is largely a thing off the past but I am excited to get our new diesel suburban. I hope it works ok because 70k feels like a lot for any vehicle.

Bb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The way I drive, probably another 12-15.

Gotta buy the wife a new one, her 2013 is knocking on 220K and is hitting that repair cost vector that starts to not make sense.

The older daughter needs some help getting a new used. Proabaly go halfsies on it? I don't know. She is pretty tight with her money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'll probably be buying several more. I, hopefully, still have a lot of life to live.

Favorite post on this thread.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We have a 2007 Ram 3500, a 2019 Mazda CX 5 and a 2016 VW Golf R. The pickup we will keep forever. It has 106,000 miles on it. The other two are fungible. The Mazda is practical, the Golf R is fun. It is my project car that I've put on the track once and hope to do so again next year - with a few new upgrades.

B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Don't think I'm buying anymore, after buying the last one. 2021 Jeep gladiator 6000 miles. Too much electronic stuff , and plastic in these new ones, for the price they want..

I'm 63. Wife has a 2007 4runner with 118k. She also has a 2016 4runner with 4500 miles.

Have a 2009 dodge 1ton with 59000 miles. Pulls a camper 2000 miles a year. Doesn't go anywhere else.

They are all paid for, so I think I'm good, unless one gets crunched. All of them bought used.
The Jeep and 2016 4runner were from folks underwater on leases.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I have an 03 Dodge deiesel for pulling the boat. Wife has a 4runner that has 130k so maybe another for her. I'm retiring at the end of the year so my mileage will drop quite a bit and the truck will last me a long time. I'm 66 and she is 68 so shouldn't need but one more for her.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Just sold my 2000 f250 yesterday. Have a 2002 Sierra that has 230k plus on it. Keep thinking I should ditch it and get something with under 100k miles. Last few years I’ve done brakes, hubs, transmission, catalytic conv was busted and clogged, shift cable……she’s given up a lot of goody.

Prices are retarded.

Anyway, a few more I’m sure.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Just sold my 2000 f250 yesterday. Have a 2002 Sierra that has 230k plus on it. Keep thinking I should ditch it and get something with under 100k miles. Last few years I’ve done brakes, hubs, transmission, catalytic conv was busted and clogged, shift cable……she’s given up a lot of goody.

Prices are retarded.

Anyway, a few more I’m sure.
That ‘02 is likely as good as any new one. Drive that bitch.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have two 2002 Toyota Tundras.Both are V-8's.One is a 4x4 with 146,000 miles the other is a 4x2 with 213,000 miles.Both the trucks are in great shape.At 65yrs old and retired,I only drive about 4,000 miles a year.I don't want a new truck,I'm very happy with the ones I have.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,289
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.