Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still got the red a$$ over changing the MS flag.

Not that it changed but how.

Wasn’t even voted on to change,

though the version on the new flag was voted for.

They didn’t put in on the Nov ballot because they new it would drive rednecks to the polls….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why would I? In my mind it stands for people who thought slavery was a good idea and then were too lazy/cheap/inept to return the tribal folk they kidnapped to their homeland. I'm sure there's plenty of people who's ancestors were communists or nazis who still think flying the stars on red or the swastika is a good idea - they rate about the same to me.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Interesting.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Geno67
Why would I? In my mind it stands for people who thought slavery was a good idea and then were too lazy/cheap/inept to return the tribal folk they kidnapped to their homeland. I'm sure there's plenty of people who's ancestors were communists or nazis who still think flying the stars on red or the swastika is a good idea - they rate about the same to me.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one over my work bench. It came of a boat my Dad had in the 1960s. I need a 28th Louisiana Grays flag.

My great great grandfather James P Byrne was a Sergeant in Company C. He was Killed on April 9th 1864 at the battle of Mansfield/ Pleasant Hill. His picture is to the left.

Apparently some folks on here think the civil war was all about freeing the slaves. Well history is always written by the victor. There were a lot of other causes for the war. A big one one was the fact that the South was selling cotton to Europe and the northern textile mills and Us government wanted to tariff it to get money.

Wars are fought over money and power not freeing Darkies.

Last edited by 1911a1; 06/28/22.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The 19th va infantry flag was captured at Gettysburg on July 3rd 1863 filled with bullet holes wrestled from a wounded bearers hands I had 2 gg grandfathers follow that flag there and make it back

I had relatives fighting there also----but they were in blue. One is buried there. Old Glory is the Only Flag I fly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Eight years ago I rode a bicycle from San Antonio to NY State. Backroads all the way, averaging maybe 10mph.

In all that way I can across exactly one Confederate Battle Flag, flown from a pole.

It was in NY State.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
That flag is part of our history.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Gee, I wonder what flag those lazy people were flying prior to the Civil War.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Yep. None of those boys in gray fought to defend their homeland from an invading army. They all put their asses on the line to preserve slavery. crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Propaganda works.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The motives for the confederates was intertwined. You couldn't extract slavery out of it but you also can't discount the Southern identity belief in the rights of the states to not be controlled by northern interventionists. What is mostly forgotten yet is arguably the most important about the Confederate motives was the literal reading of the bible about slavery. The Bible defended slavery and the south was quite religious, getting almost all of their news and direction from pulpit pastors that did not own slaves, but wouldn't rewrite the bible.

Besides that, the Southern civil war flag was cooped a long time ago by those that want to reclaim their southern Identity, to segregate themselves from the wacky northerners and west coast people. Racism was not at all the implication when southerners painted the flag on their cars like "Bo & Luke" nor any of common displays. Not to say their wasn't people that were using the same symbol for hateful purposes, but that was not the rule, but the exception. There is no other symbol for the south other than the confederate flag.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Look, Southerners are stereotyped, vilified, and maligned about slavery in EXACTLY the same manner we on this board will be if the whacky leftists win out about guns and meat eating. Future people will not believe that barbaric weapon ownership was something someone would be willing to fight over and that the only reason we wanted to do it was to preserve and promulgate white supremacy. If anyone tries to argue differently, they’ll have half a dozen people pipe up and call them traitors and the like.

The real reason that slavery uber alles became the SOLE AND ONLY reason for the civil war is because the powers that be can’t have people today think that there were any redeeming qualities in people who once resisted the power of the federal government in order to preserve their vision of the founding of this country and constitutional government.

Last edited by JoeBob; 06/29/22.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think slavery went on in England after the civil war ended in America.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by thirtyotsix
I salute that flag every time I pass it.

A beautiful sight in the Heart of Dixie.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was surprised to see the battle flag of the ANV flying out here in WA. I don’t know if they’re displaced southerners, states rights activists, or just racist dumbfugks who’ve appropriated a symbol.

Likely a mix of all three.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Who was the South's, "Betsy Ross"?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (450yukon, 673, 1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 26 invisible), 1,022 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,354
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.